Chase

[SEMI-HIATUS] SaTzuration ; a one shot and drabble collection

A/N: The sequel is finally here ~
This is extended from
Chapter 32, Should've Listened
Hope you like it!


Taking Mina’s information into account, Sana had decided to show up Tzuyu’s house. Well, you could coin her actions as stalking since she was going to try and figure out what school Tzuyu was going to by following her. Parking her car a street away from Tzuyu’s, Sana crawled out of her car towards the house. Picking up her binoculars, she hid behind a bush and observed.

Tzuyu stretched as she woke up from her bed in the morning. Going to a new school wasn’t easy for her but she’d successfully completed an entire year without thinking about her crush. Back after her last day at school where she’d lent Sana her umbrella, Tzuyu had already decided that she was going to move schools. Continuing on would only make things worse for her and her own feelings that seemed to be only growing stronger. Her small group of friends supported her, moving schools as well.

“How can we let you leave on your own?” Chaeyoung scoffed.

An entire year without Sana had proven to be quite the challenge for her. Her usual habits of bubble tea or lunch time service were very difficult to eradicate but she’d done it. Sure, seeing certain things around her often reminded her of the Japanese girl but she’d come a long way from what she was like the past few years. Out of everything, she’d wished she hadn’t abandoned her relationship with her sister though. She hadn’t spoken to her for a whole year and Tzuyu was feeling the consequences of hoarding all her thoughts and worries.

She shook the thoughts out of her head, washing up and heading downstairs to eat breakfast before the other family members woke up. Jeongyeon would be driving up shortly anyway so she had to rush it all for today. Sana was still observing every move of the girl, noticing how she paused every so often. She jogged back to her car when she noticed Tzuyu was getting ready to come out, looking around her front garden. A familiar car turned up in front – one that Sana recognised as being Jeongyeon’s. Sana bit back a smile, prepared for the day in front of her. She started her engine and followed behind, ensuring she wasn’t too close.

Jeongyeon had already realised someone was tailing her a long time ago yet she drove on, not wanting to worry Tzuyu at the front. How did that Minatozaki come up with such an idea, she had no clue. As she parked her car in their school lot, the pink convertible was no longer visible and Jeongyeon panicked. Was she seeing things or was Sana really following her? She didn’t have to think for long when she was pulled into the cleaner’s closet, stumbling inside. The strong perfume was enough to indicate that the person was none other than Sana.

“What the hell are you doing?!” Jeongyeon seethed.

“What does it look like I’m doing? Fixing things.” Sana retorted.

“It took you a year to come and you choose graduation day out of all days?” Jeongyeon scoffed.

“I’ve already suffered the entire year, I don’t need to adding on to it when you’re not changing anything with Nayeon in the first place.” Sana scolded.

“But Nayeon is different–”

“Look, I came here for Tzuyu. You need to fix up whatever it is with Nayeon later.” Sana said desperately.

“What do you need?” Jeongyeon asked, sighing heavily.

“I need time. Alone. With Tzuyu.” Sana demanded.

“You know that’s going to be difficult.” Jeongyeon said.

“Jeongyeon!” Sana whispered harshly.

“I said difficult, not impossible.” Jeongyeon chuckled, running a hand through her hair.

“I don’t have time for fun, Jeongyeon.” Sana frowned.

“All right. I’ll figure something out. What are you going to do? Hide in here all day?” Jeongyeon asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Don’t worry about me, just go do something!” Sana said, shaking her head and pushing Jeongyeon out of the door. “You need to fix whatever happened between you and Nayeon, Jeong.”

“You haven’t called me that in ages...”

“Because you hurt Nayeon. Now shoo!” Sana answered, closing the door so she could prepare herself for what was to come.

She paced around the small space that she had, working her brain to figure out something that would be appropriate for when she met Tzuyu. She doesn’t know how she’ll react when they meet or if they’ll even be able to but she trusts Jeongyeon to figure something out. All she needed was to talk and Sana was finding that hard enough. She’d suffered for an entire year and she’d wished she’d done things differently. She’d wished she hadn’t left things till this late. All she could wish for now was that Tzuyu hadn’t moved on and she still liked Sana. Just one wish.

She received a message from Jeongyeon a little later in the day, saying to meet Tzuyu at the rooftop of the school. They were undergoing the last of the graduation festivities and it was all going to be over soon. Sana couldn’t be more nervous of what was to come and all she could think of was the possibility of rejection and heartbreak. She can’t deny that she’d deserve it but she wasn’t going to let it all go by without fighting for it. It was what she should’ve done at the beginning of the year but she was too stupid and in her own bubble of sadness to wake herself up from the nightmare she was living it.

Nervously, she found her way to the rooftop of the school, finding herself pacing once again with her unsettling feeling. She calmed her breathing and her heart, all of it going out of the window when she heard the door rattle behind her.

Tzuyu was shocked upon seeing Sana’s presence and that quickly changed to anger as she headed towards the door to leave again.

“Tzuyu! Please, just wait.” Sana pleaded, chasing after Tzuyu who had slipped out through the door.

Thunder lit up the sky and Sana groaned as she felt the raindrops fall heavily on her face. She wasted no time in running after Tzuyu, not far off behind her. Her shirt clung to her as she continued running, hair falling in front of her eyes as she frustratedly pushed it back in an attempt to see where she was going. The two of them were outside and Sana had enough of running.

“Chou Tzuyu! Stop right there!” Sana shouted.

Tzuyu finally froze at Sana’s voice, never hearing her shout in her entire life of knowing her. Why did she stop? She should continue running. Her feet weren’t letting her move. The rain was pounding hard and she wiped it from her eyes. She turned around slowly, pushing herself to look at Sana. They were both soaked from head to toe, clothes clinging to them as they breathed heavily from the running. Tzuyu couldn’t put a finger on what Sana was feeling and that worried her. She always knew what Sana was thinking about.

“What do you want Sana? Here to reject me again?” Tzuyu asked coldly, anger boiling.

“Tzuyu–”

“WHAT? JUST WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!”

“Listen–”

“Listen to you break my heart into pieces again?”

“No…”

“Listen to the fact that you’ve weakened me again?”

 “Just let me speak Tzuyu–”

“Are you happy now?”

“For ’s sake Tzuyu, let me speak!” Sana screamed, earning a glare from Tzuyu. Nothing was going to stop Sana from saying anything. “I never rejected you in the first place Tzuyu. I never said anything. Unlike everyone else, I treated you differently for a reason.”

Tzuyu only nodded, understanding some of what Sana was saying. She realised that she was treated differently from the others.

“Tzuyu, I’m sorry. I’m sorry it took me so long to come to terms with what I was actually feeling – that I loved you too. I’m sorry for coming here so late when I should’ve come a long time ago. What I did was terrible and I don’t deserve to be forgiven. You took care of me, worried about me and protected me. I hurt you a lot and I can’t comprehend what you’ve been through at all. You never stopped even though I was very hesitant when it came to you and I don’t deserve you. I knew you were different from the first time you tried to confess and I didn’t want you to be hurt because of me. I’m a disaster Tzuyu. The one thing that I wasn’t meant to do – hurt you – I still did it. I’m incapable of causing anything else but hurt and pain.” Sana sobbed, breath hitching as she spoke out her feelings.

“Unnie… you’re not a disaster.” Tzuyu mumbled, walking towards Sana to wipe away her tears. The rain still hadn’t stopped and she was sure they were going to be sick soon. Pulling on Sana’s hand, Tzuyu brought her to a sheltered area. “You’re an amazing person, you shine brightly in front of everyone else. Sure, you might have caused me pain but I know you never meant it. You still always manage to make me smile no matter what you do. You don’t realise it but you are special in your own way Unnie. And I’m glad I finally got a confession.” Tzuyu said, scrunching up her nose.

Sana laughed tearily, amazed by how Tzuyu could manage to make her laugh even when she was feeling so guilty. “I’m sorry Tzuyu.”

“Stop apologising Unnie. Seeing you here is enough. Just don’t let me go again.” Tzuyu chuckled, pushing Sana’s hair behind her ear.

 “I promise I won’t. I’ll never let you go again.” Sana whispered, leaning her forehead on Tzuyu’s.

“Good. Because that means I can do this.” Tzuyu smiled, cupping Sana’s chin and closing the distance between the two of them. Sana rested her hands on Tzuyu’s waist, pulling her closer as Tzuyu moved her hands to cradle Sana’s cheeks. They moved closer and the kiss grew more intense and passion filled. Sana was the one to break them apart, breathing hard.

“I’m sorry it took me so long.” Sana mumbled.

“I’m glad you came. I think I earned myself a good graduation present.” Tzuyu chuckled.

“Congratulations on your graduation Tzuyu.” Sana added, laughing as she captured Tzuyu’s lips once again. She leaned her forehead against Tzuyu's once again, feeling so blessed with being loved by the girl in front of her. “Thank you for letting me love you.”


A/N: Ah, I'm so, so sorry for the delay in the one shot.
My writing motivation hasn't been the best recently (which is a shame since I'm on holidays)
But I hope I didn't disappoint with the sequel!
I will try to update more often!

Sorry for any typos ~