I'll Apologise Over And Over Again

[SEMI-HIATUS] SaTzuration ; a one shot and drabble collection

A/N: Sorry this is angsty after the really fluffy one before but I hope you guys still like it!


This was the absolutely last straw.

She couldn’t take it any longer.

Tzuyu heavily sighed as she watched the two flirt non-stop from her spot.

Do they think she’s invisible or something?

She couldn’t leave to go anywhere either.

Something is different in her relationships with her fellow members and she doesn’t know what it is.

Tzuyu is always by herself when it came to fansigns and fan events.

She feels awkward when she’s around the members but why?

She roams around from one side of the tables to the other and pretends to look for something or write something.

She watches the other members all having fun without her. Why didn’t they call her for the activities? Why is she always alone?

There was a time where she felt like she fit in and belonged with the others.

There was a time where they were close.

There was a time where she wasn’t scared to approach her best friend. It’s all so different now.

Now, she’s no longer by her side and it’s tearing Tzuyu apart.

Tzuyu has been spending so much time apart from her with the change in room members and seating arrangements that they didn’t have time to talk.

Now, she feels like she’s even more foreign in the previously familiar place.

She feels like they’re all ignoring her; but that’s not the upsetting part.

She feels like a certain someone is ignoring her and that’s what hurts her.

Does anyone care that there aren’t only three international members?

Does anyone care that she too is a foreign member?

Does anyone care?

She honestly wished someone would realise. That someone would come up to her and ask her what’s wrong. That someone would worry about her. That someone would take care of her.

Because the truth was that ever since her incident, Tzuyu has been having a tough time. She wanted someone to talk to but she didn’t want to hassle anyone. She wanted to let it all out but she felt like no one really cared about her. She didn’t want to be a burden. She would rather keep it all in and smile to them. She wanted that one person to talk to her.

That person was busy with another member.

She needed her best friend.

Sometimes she wishes she didn’t get chosen to be part of the group. Being the only Taiwanese member made it difficult for her.

When she saw Mina, Momo and Sana talking in Japanese, she wishes she could have someone to talk to.

Tzuyu became a wallflower. She was quiet and to herself. She backed out of things with the other members.

What was the point if they didn’t even care?


Today was one day they were free of their schedules.

They all discussed what they were going to do but no one asked Tzuyu.

What did she expect?

She didn’t want to hear their responses. She didn’t want to be in the same room as them. It was too claustrophobic.

She decided to go to Han River instead.

She sighed as she pondered about things.

What would it be like to flow as free as the water? To fly with freedom? To not have a burden on her shoulders?

Why couldn’t it all end?

Why did she have to talk to the environment to release her stress?

Why didn’t she have someone who could talk to her and help her in these moments?

What would it be like if it all ended?

Tzuyu simply stared at the water and its beauty. It was so blue and clear and she could see her reflection in the water.

It reminded her of the time she was staring at a spoon while eating with the members, sitting next to Nayeon. Tzuyu was asking who the fairest of them all was and Nayeon kept teasing her by saying it was herself.

Where did those moments go?

Tzuyu felt something wet on her cheeks.

She was crying.

She sobbed and sobbed, letting it all out.

She stood up and stared at the water. She wanted to step in it. She wanted to be embraced by its beauty.

“Chou Tzuyu, is that you?” Tzuyu heard someone ask. She wiped away her tears and smiled, turning around to find the source of the voice.

It was Momo.

“Oh! It is Tzuyu. What are you doing here by yourself?” Momo asked.

Did she actually care?

“Oh… nothing. I was just heading back. I’ll see you back at the dorms.” I said, bowing slightly and taking my leave. I didn’t want to annoy anyone’s private life.

I didn’t go far when Momo held my hand.

“Sit with me please? It would be nice to have some company.” Momo suggested, sounding slightly sad.

I hesitated but nodded.

“Why have you been so distant Tzuyu?” Momo asked.

“Wh-what are you ta-talking about?” Tzuyu stuttered.

“The others may not have noticed but I know you’re being distant.” Momo answered, staring into my eyes with concern.

“I don’t want to bother you with my worries. I don’t want to tell you why.” Tzuyu whispered, looking away from her gaze.

Momo simply made her look back. Tzuyu didn’t look up though, she was staring at the grass.

“Ya, maknae, you can always bother me. Don’t hold it all in your heart. Let it all out.” Momo said softly, poking my chest.

Tzuyu felt the sincerity in her voice.

Someone did care.

It made Tzuyu teary. She hugged Momo and sobbed into her shoulder.

“It’s just too painful.” Tzuyu mumbled. “It’s all too painful. Why doesn’t she care anymore? Why does no one care?”


Momo simply the younger girl. She was so broken inside, why had it taken her so long to see it?

Why hadn’t the other members noticed?

The question she actually wanted to ask was why Sana hadn’t noticed.

Oh, Momo knew the answer to that.

Sana’s been hanging out with Dahyun only.

Seeing the two together made her heart hurt.

She really liked Dahyun and she wanted to confess but Dahyun always about it and Momo stopped trying.

How had they both found each other in this crucial time?

“Tell me what’s wrong Tzuyu?” Momo asked gently once the girl’s sobbing stopped.

“I feel so left out Unnie. I feel like I don’t fit in. I’m the only Taiwanese member in the group and I have no one to talk to. At least you have Mina Unnie and Sana. I would usually talk to Sana about it but… I don’t think she cares about me anymore. I don’t think anyone cares. I feel so sad inside but I don’t want anyone to feel pity for me. Why don’t they care Unnie?” She spoke sadly, making Momo’s heart break into a million pieces.

This girl had the weight of the world on her shoulders and she never let anyone see it. She smiled through the hardships she was going through and made sure no one saw her broken side.

She didn’t want anyone to be burdened by her so she stayed away. What would have happened if Momo hadn’t seen it in her.

She was so strong. She was a fighter.

Momo respected the girl so damn much.

“I care Tzuyu. I don’t know about the other members but don’t forget that. And from now on, you come to talk to me anytime. I meant it. We’re going to sit together every single night and talk. You’re not going to come back here by yourself either, only with me. I don’t want you going anywhere yourself without telling me.” Momo scolded.

In the first time in the past few months, Tzuyu smiled.

She hugged Momo and was so grateful for this girl’s presence.

Momo looks like the type of person who wouldn’t care about anything other than herself but Momo was someone whose heart broke seeing anyone sad. She hated seeing people in pain. She wanted to be someone you could lean on and she hoped she would become a pillar of strength for Tzuyu. Momo wanted to protect the little one, especially her broken heart.

“Momo Unnie, you have to tell me about yourself too.” Tzuyu said, breaking Momo out of her thoughts.

“Me? There’s nothing wrong.” Momo responded.

“I can tell from your eyes Unnie. They’re sad and don’t have the energetic glint they always have.” Tzuyu said softly.

Tzuyu really was mature. Momo couldn’t believe that she gave it away so easily.

“I like Dahyun. A lot. I’ve tried confessing to her but she thinks it’s always just a joke.” Said Momo sadly.

“Keep your head up Unnie! We’ll both persevere through this difficult time of having one-sided loves who stay together.” Said Tzuyu softly.


She had a one-sided love with Sana? No wonder this is harder for her than expected.

We just hugged. Our sadness being our bond in our relationship. It was truly special.

As promised, the two talked every night. Momo had become a human diary for Tzuyu and Momo didn’t mind at all.

They stuck together all the time like gum and always told each other where they were going and went out together when they could.

They developed a special bond.

Momo was just glad the Taiwanese girl was finally smiling.

Things took a drastic turn though at one of the fansigns.

Momo had seen the look in Tzuyu’s eyes when Sana was hugging Dahyun.

She saw the look of anger and despair when Sana kissed Dahyun on her cheek.

She was sure her own eyes looked just like that.

We couldn’t leave the fansign we were at so we stuck together at the event.

Momo went over to Tzuyu and brought her to the middle with the other members.

She could tell the young one was tense.

She hugged her instead, burying her head in the younger one’s hair. Tzuyu hugged Momo back and they both stayed like that, Tzuyu’s hands lingering around Momo’s waist the entire time, never leaving.

It was something they both basked in.

It was their thing; something to ease off the pain.

Momo could tell someone was staring and her eyes locked with Sana’s before she looked away quickly.

Everyone was tired from the event and Momo sat at the back with the maknae who looked absolutely exhausted. Momo took the girl’s slender fingers into her own and put her head on her shoulder.

She received a questioning glance from Jihyo but Momo simply smiled at the leader.

They arrived at their dorms and everyone went to their designated rooms.

I was hungry so I decided to eat something small, not sleepy at all.

As I closed the door to the fridge, I was greeted with the face of angry Dahyun.

“What is it?” Momo asked her, not in the mood for anything related to her at the moment.

Dahyun noticed her mood, her anger turned into a frown and she left her instead, confusing Momo as a result.

Momo went back and called Dahyun out of her room.

She took her out to the balcony away from everyone else.

“What is it? Why were you looking angry at me?” Momo asked Dahyun.

Dahyun only scoffed.

“You seriously don’t know? If you said you like me then why are you flirting with Tzuyu?” Dahyun asked, clenching her teeth.

The truth was that Dahyun had never expected herself to start liking Momo.

It just happened out of nowhere.

“Why do you even care? You’re always flirting with Sana! You just think I’m a joke.” Momo responded, hurt and shocked by her accusation.

“I told you that I liked you. When I like someone I don’t flirt with someone else. I’m ashamed that you could even suggest that I was flirting with Tzuyu. Why are you angry? You’ve ignored every confession I’ve ever made.” Added Momo, coldly.

“Because I realised I was stupid and self-conceited. I didn’t want to admit that I like you too.” Dahyun mumbled.

Momo was absolutely shocked by her confession. She wasn’t expecting it at all.

“Can you say that again?” Momo asked.

“I LIKE YOU OKAY! I. LIKE. Y–.” Dahyun screamed, making Momo cover with her own and drowning out her words as a result.

Momo pushed Dahyun to the wall on the balcony and held her waist flushed against hers. She put Dahyun’s legs around hers and angled her head, deepened the kiss.

Momo couldn’t believe her love was finally being reciprocated.

She had to tell Tzuyu about it tomorrow.


Sana was feeling frustrated and stupid. She had been avoiding her best friend for months now.

She had ignored her and stopped talking to her. Now, she regrets it.

Scratch that, she regretted it from the moment she started avoiding her.

It all started when she was taking the trash out of the rooms when she came across some scrunched up papers that looked like they were torn out of a book. Curious, she took them out and opened them.

They were addressed to her.

Each one starting off with: to my dearest love, Sana. Sana immediately knew it was Chewy’s writing. Why was she writing Sana letters and not giving them? Most of the letters we intelligible but one was readable. Sana dropped the papers when she read what was inside.

Chewy liked her. Her best friend liked her.

Sana didn’t know what to do. She wanted to know if she felt the same. She had previously had a crush on the tall girl but never thought too much of it because she found Tzuyu absolutely gorgeous.

She decided to talk to Dahyun about hanging out together and they both thought it was a great way to know for themselves if they liked girls as well.

Sana had never realised the pain Tzuyu was in throughout the entire time the two planned and conducted it.

She never saw Tzuyu fade away from her sight.

She never noticed how quiet she had become.

She hadn’t noticed how reserved she had become.

She only realised when she heard her laugh.

That laugh was different.

It was like music to her ears.

Especially because she hadn’t heard it in a while.

It hurt to know that Sana wasn’t the one who made her laugh like that.

Sana guessed the burning feeling in her stomach when she saw Tzuyu with Momo was anger. Actually, she was positive. She had noticed the two become closer over the past few months and that’s when she regretted every moment she spent away with her best friend.

It was then when she realised that she liked the tall maknae.

Why had it taken someone else to make her figure out that she liked the girl?

Why had she been so blind?

At their last fansign, Sana wanted to talk to Tzuyu.

She really wanted to but she was with Momo.

They were hugging.

They were hugging in a way that seemed so special.

She felt so jealous in that moment and couldn’t help but stare.

Momo locked eyes with Sana and she looked away quickly, pretending it never happened.

It was in the car ride home where she saw the two at the back when she and Dahyun decided they did indeed really like the two.

Dahyun decided to confront Momo about her flirting with Tzuyu while Sana went to find the girl herself. She opened the door to her room slowly but was saddened by her lack of presence.

She looked in the other rooms and could still not find her. Where did she go?

Sana sought out Momo instead. She was worried. She was in the car with them so where did she disappear?

Sana ran towards the glad sight of Momo and Dahyun who had their lips locked in a heated kiss on the balcony.

“Sorry you two, but I can’t find Tzuyu.” Sana asked Momo, internally glad that Tzuyu and Momo weren’t together.

“Why are you even looking for her? You haven’t even cared the past few months when she needed you. What kind of best friend are you?” Momo said bitterly.

All the other members seemed to wake up from the noise and came to see what it was all about.

Sana was curious about what Momo had just said.

“Ya, Momo! Why are you talking to her like that?” Said Dahyun.

“What do you mean?” Sana asked hesitantly.

“While you two have been flirting and kissing, did you ever notice Tzuyu? Did anyone notice her? She was fading away from the group. She was staying away from everyone, she became quieter, did you even notice? She felt like a burden to everyone. She felt like no one cared. Right after her incident, we all left her by herself. Who worried about her? Who made sure she was okay? No one. She needed her best friend. She needed a strong pillar as support but no one was there. We all let her down. She suffered by herself and suffered twice as much when she saw you two together.” Momo spoke, tears in her eyes.

Everyone in the room was quiet.

They had all failed her, but it had affected Sana the most.

The words hit Sana like a tonne of bricks.

She really had to find her now.

“Now if you will excuse me, I’m going to look for her. I have an idea where she may be.” Said Momo, now angry again.

“Take us with you then.” Said Sana, crying and shaking as sobs racked through her body.

Momo could feel the girl’s worry and love in her eyes.

She sighed and took them along to Han River.


“Why are we here?” Asked Dahyun.

“It’s the place where I first talked to her about everything. I made her promise not to come here herself because she gets lost in her thoughts often but she loves this place.” Momo replied.

Sana just jumped out of the car and looked for the girl who she’s broken apart.

They split up and looked in different areas.

Sana could distinguish a figure near the water and walked slowly towards it. As she got closer, she knew the figure was indeed Tzuyu.

Sana messaged the others and told them she had found the lost girl.

She didn’t want to scare her; afraid she’ll fall into the water so she called her out from a distance.

“Chewy?” Sana called out.

The girl seemed to still at hearing the name but turned around slowly.

Sana’s heart immediately broke at the sight of the girl’s face.

She ran the remaining distance and hugged the taller girl, sobbing as soon as she felt the younger one put her arms around Sana’s waist.

“I’m so, so sorry Chewy. I’m so, so sorry. I was so stupid and ignorant and I understand if you don’t want to see me again after this. I don’t deserve to be your friend at all, let alone best friend. How does a best friend not notice the pain one’s going through? I’m so sorry for adding to the pain. I’m so sorry for treating you the way I did. You know what? You can hit me as many times as you want. Let it out.” Sana said, whimpering in Tzuyu’s arms.

Tzuyu sighed before she started speaking

“The thing is that I was really hurt when you disappeared Sana. No one was talking to me and I expected at least my best friend there. Momo Unnie helped me through the tough time and stood by my side with all the pain inside. She made me release it all. She took care of me and worried about me like I did with her. We developed a special bond because she was in pain from Dahyun too. She was the only one who realised what I was going through. But there’s a difference between you and Momo. You see, I don’t really like Momo in the way I like you. Momo is a sister while you’re you. You know I’ll forgive you no matter what. I just need a reason. No matter what that reason is, I’ll forgive you. Just give me the reason that you disappeared from my side. And next time you ask me to hit you, I really will!” Tzuyu said, laughing at the end through her tears.

Sana noticed that she hadn’t called her Unnie but ignored it. She hugged Tzuyu harder and sobbed harder into her neck. She was willing to forgive her. How on earth did she earn the friendship of such a beautiful girl with a beautiful heart. She didn’t deserve her at all.

Tzuyu even confessed to her right now.

“Ya, Sana Unnie, I can hear you thinking too much. Why are you crying more than me?” Said Tzuyu, patting the back of the Japanese girl and laughing.

“I feel like my reason is so stupid. I can’t believe I was so stupid” Sana mumbled.

“Look up at me Sana Unnie. There’s no way your reason can ever be stupid. Why? Because you always have the best in your heart.” Tzuyu said, pulling Sana’s chin up with her fingers and wiping away her tears.

“I wanted to know if I actually liked you, if I actually liked girls. I had a crush on you before but I didn’t think much of it. I found your letters in the trash and read the most that was visible. I distanced myself from you so I could figure out my feelings and I regret every moment of it.” Sana reasoned.

Tzuyu was dumbfounded in the moment.

Sana knew she liked her. She found the letters.

“Okay, I take back my words. Your reasons can be stupid.” Tzuyu said, teasingly.

She earned a teasing slap in the chest from Sana in the process while she blushed.

“So what did you decide?” Asked Tzuyu, inching closer to Sana.

“Uh…um- that I do like you.” Mumbled Sana, her gaze falling to Tzuyu’s lips.

“That was straightforward. Where did that come out from?” Joked Tzuyu.

Sana only blushed and covered her face with her hands.

Tzuyu pulled her hands away and slowly closed the gap between them, giving her time to leave but Sana stood in her place.

As soon as Sana felt Tzuyu’s lips on hers, her body tingled from head to toe. She nibbled on Tzuyu’s lips and the younger one gave her access to kiss deeper. Their tongues fought for dominance until they both broke away, breathing heavily. Tzuyu went on to kiss the sensitive spot behind her ear and Sana had to muffle her moan.

Their eyes locked and she could see the desire and want in Tzuyu’s eyes. There was no doubt Sana’s eyes looked the same.

“I don’t deserve you Chou Tzuyu.” Sana mumbled.

“Oh I already know that.” Tzuyu said playfully.

Sana decided to tickle her for the teasing but the girl ran away and Sana chased her.

Sana really had to become more fit. She was puffed out in a short time and Tzuyu was too fast.

She eventually caught up but Sana only hugged Tzuyu.

“I’m really sorry Chewy. I promise nothing will ever get in the way of our relationship.” Sana said again.

Tzuyu only kissed Sana on her forehead.

Sana knew what it meant and she smiled.

Tzuyu’s embrace was the one thing she treasured right now.

And Tzuyu.


Just a little bonus

 

Dahyun knew Momo was angry at her.

She understood though.

She finally understood what Momo’s been feeling every time she’d seen her interact with the other members.

She understood when Momo was with someone else, with one person.

Momo had seen her with so many members and she had still kept her anger to herself.

She couldn’t understand what Momo went through until she thought she had lost the older girl.

Now, they were both sitting in her car, waiting for Sana and Tzuyu to come back to the car, in complete silence.

Dahyun couldn’t take it anymore.

“I’m sorry.” She mumbled.

Momo was surprised and wasn’t expecting her to say anything. She was thinking about a possible date in a few days when they didn’t have a schedule.

“Why are you apologising?” Asked Momo, confused.

“Because I didn’t care about your feelings, because I hurt you, because I never took you seriously. When I almost lost you, I realised that I liked you. I’m sorry for making you angry earlier.” Dahyun replied sadly.

“Ah, so that’s what it’s about. I wasn’t really angry at you earlier so turn this frown of yours’ upside down please. The other members will kill me if they know their Dubu is sad because of me.” Momo replied, smiling at the now pouting girl.

“Aish, this is so embarrassing!” Said Dahyun, turning red and looking out the window.

Momo simply turned her around and pulled her cheeks.

“It was cute.” Momo said, laughing as Dahyun held her cheeks and threw Momo a dirty.

Momo and Dahyun noticed the other two lovebirds who finally came back. They were holding hands and smiling.

Momo felt so happy for Tzuyu. She still needed to scold her for leaving without telling her and scaring her.

She walked outside and stared at the two, trying to look somewhat angry.

“Momo Unnie, drop the act. I can see through it.” Tzuyu said as she walked up to the car.

Momo pulled her away from Sana who nodded at the gesture, as a way of saying it’s okay.

“Ya! Next time you do that I really will kill you. You scared us all. Yes, including the others. But out of us all, Sana was the one who was worried the most. I’m sure you two have talked considering the way you walked back, but I just wanted to say that.” Momo scolded.

“Momo-ya, let’s go!” Shouted Dahyun.

Momo blushed and received a questioning glance from Tzuyu.

“See what happened when you were gone? Actually I think the fact that we stuck together made them jealous and finally made them realise they liked us! Go us!” Momo said, laughing.

They both high-fived and sat back in the car.

“What was that about?” Asked Dahyun.

“Hmm? Oh nothing.” Said Momo, smirking.


A/N: So it was my first time writing a little bit of DahMo... Hope you guys liked it!

Someone asked me why I always include Momo when it comes to Tzuyu and it's because I feel like they have a special bond. I feel like they're really close and I find them to be the cutest best friends :)

P.S - did you watch the V Live of Tzuyu's birthday? asdfghjkl our Tzuyu is all grown up now and wants kisses from all the members :')