I Love You

[SEMI-HIATUS] SaTzuration ; a one shot and drabble collection

A/N: This was suggested by elegantzuyu~ Inspired by Tzuyu's letter to Sana :)


Tzuyu sighed as she lay her head on her desk, the coolness of the wood making her feel a little bit better about the worries that were overtaking her mind. She’s never been one to express her thoughts and feelings but she was feeling like she was on the brink of losing Sana if she continued this way. Sana always said that she’s fine with Tzuyu just staying by her side but Tzuyu can see the sadness that lingered in her eyes when she said it. It hurt her to know that Sana was feeling any doubt for their relationship.

So, that’s why she’s been sitting in her room, trying to figure out a way to get her thoughts into words but it wasn’t going very well. She didn’t do well with poems or affectionate gestures, she couldn’t draw like Chaeyoung either. Tzuyu wanted to make a memorable confession – to show that she was just as serious about their relationship as Sana was. Lack of communication could break a couple and Tzuyu didn’t want them to head down that path. She could do this and she could do it well. If she can get an idea on what to do…

“Tzu?!” Sana called out, making Tzuyu jump up and hide her notebook. She opened up her laptop on her school homework, pretending like she was finishing it off.

“Yes? How was the photoshoot?” Tzuyu grinned as she faced Sana, who hugged her tightly.

“I’m exhausted. Our turns took so long and the waiting was just as bad.” Sana sighed, recharging herself in Tzuyu’s embrace.

“How about you lay down and I’ll get you some cookies and hot chocolate? It will be a nice treat after a long day.” Tzuyu suggested, ready to move away from the hug.

“No!” Sana whined.

“No?” Tzuyu seemed shocked with the response.

“I just want to cuddle.” Sana admitted sheepishly, cheeks turning red.

Tzuyu laughed at her girlfriend’s cuteness, but nodded, pulling off the blankets on her bed as they both slid inside. Sana immediately slipped her arms around Tzuyu’s waist, tucking her head under her chin. Tzuyu placed a kiss on her forehead before running her hand through her hair, making her feel like she was in bliss.

The tiny moment to themselves made Tzuyu smile, just like this one. Away from the cameras and the attention of the public where she was too shy to show her true self. Wouldn’t it be a great time for her to voice her thoughts now?

“Hey Sana… I know I’m bad at words and I know I don’t say it enough. But, I just wanted to say… I love you.” Tzuyu whispered.

Receiving no response, Tzuyu panicked, only to look down and see that Sana was fast asleep. Blushing from embarrassment, Tzuyu hid her groan of frustration on the fact that her words fell on deaf ears. Now she needed to find another time to figure something out to confess.

If her memory didn’t fail on her, the last time Tzuyu had honestly said those three words… was a few months ago. It was around the time they had a small fight about trust and now the guilt piled up on Tzuyu’s shoulders at the memory. She should do a grand gesture to compensate for it.

Just as she was thinking of ideas for Sana, Jihyo popped her head into the room, smiling softly at the duo once she saw them.

“Dinner is here early. We need to head to the room down the hall to write the letters that need to be in the booklets for Japanese ONCEs.” Jihyo announced, leaving just as quickly as she’d come in.

Tzuyu turned to her girlfriend but didn’t have the heart to wake Sana up from her embrace when she looked so peaceful sleeping. She needed the rest after her long day today. And plus, they weren’t going to start writing without them because it all needed to be recorded. But, it was short-lived as Jihyo came back ten minutes later.

“I know you want her to sleep in, but the quicker we get this done, the quicker she’ll be able to get more rest.” Jihyo reasoned, earning a nod from Tzuyu.

With much hesitance, she shook Sana awake, her cuteness making Tzuyu squeal and hug her tightly.

“Tzu?” Sana mumbled sleepily, rubbing her head.

“We have to go do some things down at the company. Let’s get washed up and finish it early so you can sleep some more.” Tzuyu chuckled, hearing Sana whine as she pulled her up from the bed.

“It was warm.” Sana huffed as she stepped on the cold tiles of the bathroom.

“I didn’t want to leave either but let’s do this and come back fast.” Tzuyu smiled tenderly.

“Oh, right Tzu. Did you say anything while I was sleeping? I thought I heard you talk right before I went to sleep.” Sana whipped around to face Tzuyu with a cheeky grin.

“M-me? No? I think you were dreaming.” Tzuyu stuttered, managing to see Sana’s crestfallen face before she covered it with a smile.

Good job Tzuyu, you made things worse.

“Must be. It’s not something I hear often.” Sana laughed, walking out of the room and leaving Tzuyu shocked.

The two awkwardly walked towards the room where the other members were waiting for them. Tzuyu realised that she needed to act fast before she said something that ruined everything between herself and Sana.

It must have been clear that there was something wrong because as soon as Tzuyu sat down, Nayeon and Jeongyeon had already approached her, sitting by her side.

“What’s wrong? There’s something wrong.” Nayeon frowned.

“I need to think of a way to appease Sana.” Tzuyu confessed.

“What happened?” Jeongyeon asked.

“I haven’t been voicing myself lately and we’ve been growing apart, a little bit. I just want to show my true feelings but don’t know how.” Tzuyu sighed as she looked over to see Sana hugging Chaeyoung tightly.

“How about you use the letter as your way of confessing?” Nayeon suggested.

“But it’s a random assortment. How do you expect me to get Sana’s name out of that hat?” Tzuyu pondered.

“Leave that to me. I think I can distract Jihyo for long enough.” Jeongyeon smirked, focusing on her girlfriend.

Tzuyu nervously waited for her turn to pull out the name of who she’d be writing for. Just before she put her hand inside the hat, Nayeon whispered to her, telling her to feel around the one for the folded corner. Listening to her words, Tzuyu closed her eyes and put her hand inside, finding the paper she was talking about. With her nervousness, she struggled to open it, Jeongyeon snatching it out of her hands.

“Sana.” Jeongyeon announced as Tzuyu snatched the paper back from her hands. She risked a glance towards Sana, to see that she was smiling at her teasingly. Tzuyu didn’t hesitate to kick Jeongyeon’s shin, Jihyo rushing to her as she screamed out in pain.

As they all started writing, Tzuyu took her time. This was meant to be a thankful message, but she was sure she could change it around and write something else. The last time she was meant to write for Nayeon, she talked about her dog instead, but she’d suffered from doing that. Unconsciously, her mind wandered to their little date night at home, where they’d had a marathon of movies with dinner. She bit her lip as she finished off her letter, writing “I love you” at the end.

She’d just put her pen down when Nayeon had pulled it off her, reading it off for the other members to hear. She blushed deeply as her letter was being read, refusing to maintain eye contact with any other of the members. It was so embarrassing, oh my god. With much difficulty, Tzuyu snatched her letter back, groaning in annoyance and hiding her face in her hands.

Tzuyu ran to hide in her room as soon as they were done with the letters and recording, jumping on her bed and screaming into her pillow. She was going to get Nayeon back for that stunt she pulled with the others. The embarrassment was still filled in her mind and she kicked her legs in the air as she remembered it again. In the midst of her releasing her frustration, she hadn’t heard Sana creeping quietly inside her room, biting back her laugh as she saw the state her girlfriend was in.

“Baby?” Sana called out, making Tzuyu freeze. She peeked out from her pillow, only to whine and hide again. “Come on, stop sulking about it. The ONCEs were going to read them anyway!”

“But I wanted you to read it first.” Tzuyu complained, rolling over to give Sana space to join her in the bed.

“Thank you, for writing it.” Sana mumbled, placing a kiss on Tzuyu’s forehead.

“I’m sorry for taking so long to say what I wanted to. I know you try not to show it, but I can tell it makes you upset. I’ll try to say it more. Please tell me when you’re feeling tired of me.” Tzuyu smiled.

“You’re precious, you know that?” Sana groaned, hugging Tzuyu tightly as she peppered her head with kisses. She thought she got away with her looks. She hadn’t realised that Tzuyu was watching her all this time.

“Right back at you. I love you.” Tzuyu muttered.

Sana pulled back, looking over Tzuyu’s features as she heard the words she wanted to hear, all over again. She leaned forward, showing her gratitude with a soft kiss.

“One more time?” Sana asked.

“I love you.” Tzuyu declared. “I’ll say it forever. I love you, Minatozaki Sana.”

Sana nodded shyly, overwhelmed with Tzuyu’s attention. Those three words she’d been aching to hear, coming off Tzuyu’s lips, sounded like the best thing to her ears. There’s truly so much power in I love you.