What Would You Like?

[SEMI-HIATUS] SaTzuration ; a one shot and drabble collection

“Now is your chance! She’s coming this way.”

“Go! How will she know you exist if you don’t say anything?”

“Do you want to be silent for the rest of your life?”

“You have a crush on her for god’s sake! All you have to do is say hi!”

“Can you two shut up!” Sana seethed to her best friends. She believes she made the biggest mistake of her life when she told her fellow Japanese friends that she had a crush on their class captain. Well, it was a bit more than a crush but that wasn’t the point.

The three of them were currently sitting in their classroom as they waited for the teacher to come in and Momo and Mina had found this to be the perfect time to push Sana to talk to her crush. She didn’t know what it was – maybe it was because her crush seemed so perfect to her but she couldn’t bear to go up and have a chat with her. Also, it’s because Sana knows she’ll make a fool out of herself by either tripping over or rambling. So, she’d rather keep shut and pretend she could never step into the world of Chou Tzuyu.

“Alright class, settle down. A few of you who applied to do work experience have received the go-ahead to do so. I’ll announce your job areas now. Son Chaeyoung, you’re up at the local vet; Im Nayeon, you’re at the elderly age care centre; Yoo Jeongyeon, you’re also at the elderly age care centre and Chou Tzuyu, you’re at the coffee shop down the road.” Their class teacher announced.

“Sana! This is a great chance for you!” Mina squealed.

“What do you mean?” Sana asked absentmindedly.

“You can go see Tzuyu every day after school!” Mina explained.

“But I don’t know her work hours.” Sana shrugged, dazing out.

“Hello? Are you really not going to chase after your crush when you have the chance?” Mina scoffed.

“In what world is she ever going to pay attention to me?” Sana pointed out.

“You fail to notice that she never accepts any confessions.” Mina said.

“So? That means I probably have a slimmer chance.” Sana whined.

“No, it means that she’s waiting for someone. And that someone could be you. After school, every day, me and Momo will come with you.” Mina suggested.

“Hey, why me?” Momo frowned.

“Momo – there’s food. And you’re helping out your friend.” Mina rambled.

“Alright, but what’s the purpose of this?” Sana questioned.

“For you to get used to talking to Tzuyu without being a stuttering mess.” Mina replied in an obvious tone.

“Alright, but please, don’t push me there.” Sana grumbled, turning back to pay attention to the class. She was going to have to wait for another 6 hours for classes to finish. Sana wondered if anyone else had a similar idea of going to meet Tzuyu at her workplace.

Unlike her usual days at school, she couldn’t believe how fast time flew and she ended up waiting for Mina and Momo by the school gates. This was actually happening – she was going to talk to her crush after god knows how many years of crushing after her.

“Are you ready?” Momo asked as she stood by Sana.

“What do you think?” Sana scoffed.

“If only you were this talkative with Tzuyu.” Momo muttered.

“Whatever.” Sana sighed, walking towards the café.

She still couldn’t believe she was actually going through with this. She was going to have to speak up, not ramble and not freeze when she talked to her crush. Sounded totally reasonable right? Sana believes it’s easier said than done because she couldn’t be less panicky as they walked inside the café. A cheery girl greeted them, asking them to sit down and look at the menu before they ordered and the three of them slid into a booth.

“Alright, you’re going to go to her and order our drinks.” Mina commanded.

“This sounds more like you want me to be your slave.” Sana mumbled under her breath.

“We’re trying to help you out. Now go.” Mina shooed, pushing Sana off the edge of the seat.

Sana hesitantly walked towards the cashier, feeling a surge of butterflies in her stomach as she noticed Tzuyu working as the barista. How fast had she learnt how to use the machine? Didn’t she just start work today. She must’ve been staring at her for a good minute because Mina threw something at her, glaring at Sana to move into line. Jesus, she was going to be teased again when she went back to the table.

There was only one person in front of Sana and she really wanted to disappear instead of facing Tzuyu. God, why did she get talked into doing this by her two idiotic friends. Can she run away? She still had time right? She could just pretend she was never in line and leave.

“Next in line please!” Tzuyu called out. Sana groaned, shuffling forward.

Could you guess what happened? Sana stood staring at Tzuyu for a minute and it took her clearing to bring Sana out of her stupor.

“I’m so sorry! I was just thinking about what to order.” Sana blushed in embarrassment.

“It’s alright Sana.” Tzuyu chuckled and Sana almost died on the spot when she realised that her crush knew of her existence. “So, what would you like?”

“O-oh, can I get two iced mochas and one iced mocha please?” Sana asked.

“So, three iced mochas?” Tzuyu repeated, wondering why Sana had said it differently.

“Oh! No, damn it. I meant two iced mochas and one iced chocolate.” Sana corrected, fumbling for the change and passing it over to Tzuyu.

“No problem, I’ll bring it over to your table.” Tzuyu grinned, making Sana’s heart skip a beat. Can anyone help her? Maybe her heart is no longer in her chest.

Sana walked back to the booth in a daze and Momo and Mina could only chuckle at her behaviour. She was such a lovesick fool, it made you want to puke. They were going to wait for her to settle down before they’d bombard her with questions on how it went.

“Hello? Are you in there?” Mina asked, clicking her fingers in front of Sana’s face.

“She knows who I am.” Sana informed.

“I know – wait what?” Mina responded, eyes wide in shock. “This is good! This is better than before!” She added, clapping.

“I don’t know. I’m too shocked.” Sana mumbled, laying her head on the table.

“Two iced mochas, one iced chocolate and a slice of chocolate cake.” Tzuyu announced as she brought the order to the booth.

“We didn’t order chocolate cake.” Sana responded in confusion.

“It’s on the house.” Tzuyu grinned, bowing and leaving three surprised girls behind.

“She totally did that on purpose.” Momo chuckled, trying to grab the plate of cake but Sana swatted her hands away.

“I believe this is mine.” Sana smiled, digging into the cake as Momo watched on with hanging open.

“Unfair.” Momo sulked, fiddling with her straw.

“I believe this is a good start. You managed not to trip.” Mina clapped, patting Sana’s shoulders.

“Oh hush.” Sana said, rolling her eyes.

“We’re going to keep doing this every day!” Mina demanded.

“Yep, as long as it comes out of your pocket.” Sana shrugged, not forgetting to leave a tip at the table.

As suggested, the three of them arrived at the café every day after school and Sana was always willing to try new things. Tzuyu also, never failed to provide a free slice of cake and Sana hoped it wasn’t going to get her fired one day instead. She’s got to admit that watching Tzuyu as she worked as a barista was seriously something she could do for hours. Everything she did had to be so precise and not to mention that Sana might have been caught staring once or twice.

So now, it had been a month since the three had started visiting and it was also one of the last shifts Tzuyu was going to take. She was unsure if she really made any progress with Tzuyu but she enjoyed the time she spent when she came to the café.

“What do you want to try today?” Tzuyu teased as she hovered over the cashier.

“Hmm, two iced mochas and for the other one, you can just surprise me.” Sana suggested, watching Tzuyu shake her head at her offer.

“You might regret it.” Tzuyu pointed out.

“I trust that you’ll find something to my taste.” Sana shrugged, sticking out her tongue and heading towards the booth.

She was greeted with her two friends staring back at her and Sana thought she grew a head. Why were they staring at her?

“What?” Sana asked impatiently.

“Good job, my prodigy.” Momo complimented, patting Sana’s head.

“What?” Sana questioned in confusion.

“She means that you flirted well.” Mina answered bluntly.

“I wasn’t flirting.” Sana said, looking at the girls in confusion.

“Sure, and Momo totally doesn’t have a crush on the cheery girl who guides us to the booths.” Mina scoffed, ignoring Momo’s sulking.

 “Yeah, yeah.” Sana rolled her eyes, not listening to her friends. She was trying to act naturally.

“Two iced mochas and one tzuprise.” Tzuyu said, placing their drinks on the table. “Oh shoot. I mean one red velvet shake. And one slice of vanilla cake.”

Tzuyu left blushing and Sana had hanging open.

“Tzuprise? Not bad.” Mina chuckled.

“Shut up.” Sana scoffed, throwing a cherry at Mina.

--

“Uh Sana, why is Tzuyu coming towards you?” Mina whispered, nudging her friend. At hearing those words, Sana whipped her head up to see Tzuyu walking her way indeed.

“What the hell.” Sana muttered, looking anywhere but at Tzuyu. She was going to screw up.

“Hi.” Tzuyu grinned.

“Yes, two mochas and a strawberry delight.” Sana answered in reflex, clamping her hand over when she realised what she said.

Alright, can someone hand her a shovel so she can dig a hole and hide inside? Mina and Momo held their head in their hands as they watched their best friend fail to talk to Tzuyu like a proper person. What was the past month for if it was going to end up like this anyway? Mina almost growled as she recalled that her cash was what was used the entire time and it all went to waste.

“Well, how about I treat you to that after school? Maybe just the strawberry delight though.” Tzuyu chuckled, leaving a flustered Sana behind.


A/N: wew, an update after two months :']
Honestly speaking, I don't know why but I laughed a lot while I wrote this!

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did as I wrote it :D

See you soon~
-Z.