Knight In Shining Armour

[SEMI-HIATUS] SaTzuration ; a one shot and drabble collection

Sana sighed for the fifth time as she sat at the front of the classroom and tried to pay attention to the teacher. God, he was so boring and his voice just made her want to sleep. The student next to her is writing notes at such a speed, she thinks it’s impossible. It makes her feel bad for lazing around. But of course the student next to her would be doing that, she’s always working hard in every single class. Sana has probably heard her talk once in all the times they’d been classmates and that was to ask for a pen (which she still hasn’t given back). Though, that hasn’t stopped her from having a crush on the nerd by the name of Chou Tzuyu.

Tzuyu didn’t know why the popular girl of the school always ended up sitting next to her but she was finding it very difficult to concentrate in her classes. While she doesn’t talk to anyone, she still knows who’s in her classroom. She’d grown up with the girl sitting next to year, in the same class year after year. In those years, she’d successfully managed to avoid the one girl who’d she had somehow fallen in love with years ago. But now that they sat next to each other, it was so damn difficult to not come into contact with each other.

“Alright, you all have an assignment to do. You’ll be working in pairs. It’s due at the end of the week which is three days from now. I’ll give you 5 minutes to exchange contact information with the person next to you. I don’t want to see anyone out of their seats.” The teacher announced, the classroom filling with groans of disappointment.

Sana’s eyes widened in surprise and Tzuyu would rather have died in the moment. She was going to have to talk to the one person she was never meant to talk to. Why did the teacher have to create such a task for the class?

“I’ll do the work, it’s okay.” Tzuyu mumbled, walking out of the class as the bell rang. Sana sat in her spot, confused and lost. She jumped out of the seat to chase Tzuyu, looking for her in the packed school corridor. She cursed herself for freezing in her seat – why would Tzuyu just take the work all for herself.

Spotting a flash of purple hair in the crowd, Sana squeezed past the students, decreasing the student between the two of them. She grabbed Tzuyu’s hand, pulling her to the side. She’d clearly startled her, seeing as Tzuyu had a hand on her chest. Tzuyu bowed in greeting, making Sana frown at the change in treatment.

“Do you have a piece of paper?” Sana asked. Tzuyu nodded, pulling out her book and ripping a page out of it. “Write your address and your number or email. We’ll discuss the assignment.”

“I can do it myself. You don’t have to do any of it.” Tzuyu shook her head, putting her book back in her bag.

“Chou Tzuyu. Pull that book out right now and give me your details. You’re not working on this alone.” Sana scolded. Tzuyu nodded, surprised by Sana’s tone. Why did her plan have to fail her this time? Before Sana could say anything else to her, Tzuyu disappeared from her side.

The two of them had managed to communicate within the following hour and Sana had self-invited herself to Tzuyu’s house to get started on the work. Well, maybe she just wanted to see Tzuyu again but she’d never admit that out loud.

“This is your room?” Sana asked, eyes widening at how neat everything was. She’d noticed the abundance of plushies in one corner and her slight obsession with the colour blue. Somewhat, it made sense that she like the colour. Tzuyu always seemed calm and collected when she walked around the school.

“Umm, we should get started. You can just sit down and I’ll get started.” Tzuyu mumbled, very wary of everything around her since Sana had stepped inside her room.

“I did say we were going to work together and I meant it Tzuyu.” Sana frowned, crossing her arms. Tzuyu blushed, nodding and running out of the room to bring her laptop from the study.

“Did you want to use my computer? I’ll use my dad’s one.” Tzuyu scratched her head in contemplation. Sana giggled at the sight and nodded, placing the laptop in front of her and getting started.

The two of them had delved right in, splitting up their work with ease and breezing past the work. Tzuyu had looked at her watch and realised the time, recalling that neither of them had eaten anything.

“Do you have any allergies to anything?” Tzuyu asked.

“Nope, why?” Sana asked, looking up from her laptop.

“I’m just going to order some pizza for dinner. I haven’t even offered anything.” Tzuyu freaked out, getting up to run to the phone.

“It’s fine~” Sana chuckled, placing her hand on Tzuyu’s to calm her down. Tzuyu blushed at the contact, nodding and sheepishly heading towards the phone. Her parents would’ve killed her if they knew that she hadn’t offered anything to Sana. Where had her mind gone? The two of them were so invested in their work that they hadn’t realised that it was so late.

“I’m sorry for realising so late. How’s the work progress going?” Tzuyu asked.

“Just writing my final sentence.” Sana answered, smiling as Tzuyu tied her hair into a ponytail.

“Wow, so fast! I didn’t think we’d be able to finish so quickly.” Tzuyu exclaimed, clapping her hands. “Let’s go downstairs for now Sana.” She added, pulling Sana up so fast, she had to catch her footing. The excitement surprised Sana but she found it adorable too. She didn’t think that Tzuyu was going to be so comfortable around her so soon.

“Hey Tzuyu, when the teacher asked us to do pair work, why did you immediately want to do it yourself?” Sana asked, the question being on her mind for a while.

“Well… uh… it was just a reflex.” Tzuyu mumbled.

“You thought I’d make you do the assignment yourself?” Sana frowned, raising an eyebrow. Tzuyu nodded, feeling embarrassed. “Why would you think that though?”

“Well, it’s not the first time it’s happened.” Tzuyu said softly. “People have chosen me in partner work so they don’t have to do anything.”

“That’s selfish, my god. I never knew students were that disrespectful. From now on, partner up with me for everything, okay?” Sana suggested, happy with the plan she’d offered.

“I don’t want you to do all you work with me though. You deserve better partners than me.” Tzuyu shook her head.

“There’s no one else who I’d want to work with. Somehow, I’ve never had so much fun doing an assignment – even if you forgot to feed me.” Sana teased, making Tzuyu whine.

The doorbell rang and Tzuyu stuck out her tongue before she went to collect the delivery. The two of them spent the entire time talking and teasing each other; they’d grown closer in such a short amount of time.

While Tzuyu had expected to be ignored at school, she was surprised when it was the opposite. Sana had somehow found out her secret spot and sat down with her during their breaks and Tzuyu couldn’t be happier. So unconsciously, they’d become so much closer from just the one assignment. Their feelings didn’t change but neither of them had the courage to act upon them in fear of ruining whatever they had built up with effort.

Like every normal school, cliques and hierarchies existed. So as Tzuyu headed towards the bathroom, she wasn’t surprised of what she was hearing when she locked herself in a cubicle. They spoke words attached to the name Sana that she’d never expected to hear. From all that she’d known her over the past few months on top of her already developed crush, she’d never anticipated that she could be looked down upon in such a horrid way. It was as if a switch had gone off in her mind and in the next minute, she had the girl pinned against the wall.

“How can such words leave your mouth?” Tzuyu sneered.

“Oh, it’s the nerd Sana always hangs around with.” The girl mocked.

“What kind of friend talks behinds their back?” Tzuyu scoffed.

“I don’t think that’s of concern to you.” The girl challenged. Tzuyu had wasted no time in grabbing her hair, a series of slaps and pushes following.

They were pulled apart moments later and Tzuyu was surprised with how much damage she’d actually done, feeling proud of herself. She knew she was going to get into trouble but it was worth it. She felt satisfied and she felt happy – Tzuyu had protected what she wanted to do most, even if she had a busted lip and cat like scratches on her face.

“Principal’s office. Now.” A prefect scolded, guiding them there.

It was a straightforward incident and the punishment was delegated quickly as well. Tzuyu had gotten away with a few days of suspension while the other had a longer term due to previous offences. She was sure Sana had heard of the incident and wouldn’t be surprised if she ignored her because of this. To others, it probably seemed like she’d attacked Sana’s friend for some silly reason. That’s how hierarchies work in schools, right? They always assume it’s the smaller person’s fault.

Unsurprisingly, her parents weren’t home again, leaving a note to inform Tzuyu of their absence. She collapsed on the couch as soon as she got home, placing an icepack on her lip and wincing at the coldness she hadn’t expected. She was drifting off to sleep when someone knocked on her door, almost making her fall off the couch in surprise.

As soon as she’d opened the door wide, Tzuyu had seen a flurry of black and purple hair before she was almost tackled to the ground. Sana had burst into the door and straight into Tzuyu’s arms, hitting her repeatedly on her chest.

“How come you’re here Sana?” Tzuyu managed to ask, calming down from the surprise.

“I had to return your pen.” Sana mumbled.

“You came at this time of the night to return a pen to me?” Tzuyu teased.

“Okay, fine. I was worried. Are you insane?!” Sana scolded, looking up to glare at Tzuyu.

“I’m sorry! I couldn’t bear to hear those words from .” Tzuyu defended.

“What words?” Sana asked.

“Well… she was saying stupid things about you and it made me furious.” Tzuyu mumbled, looking at her feet.

“You were defending me?” Sana whispered to herself, tearing up at the simple confession. How can Tzuyu be even more amazing than she already was? She’d decided to screw everything in that moment – screw the hierarchy of their school, screw whatever the two of them had set up as boundaries; she couldn’t hold on any longer.

Sana gently cupped Tzuyu’s cheeks, watching on as Tzuyu’s eyes fluttered close at the touch. “I’m not going to be sorry for doing this.” She muttered, leaning in and pressing her lips to Tzuyu’s. She wanted to be careful – she’d seen the wound on her lips. Sana had honestly expected rejection but it came as a surprise when Tzuyu had done anything but, moving forward to lay her hands on Sana’s waist. She’d pulled her forward, Sana snaking her arms around Tzuyu’s waist. She had to tiptoe to kiss Tzuyu and she knew she’d be teased because of it.

Tzuyu had guided Sana towards the door, leaning her against it as she broke the kiss. She’d captured her lips once again, ignoring the minute throbbing of her wounded lips. She cupped Sana’s jaw, brushing her thumb against the apple of her cheek as Tzuyu nibbled on her lower lip. Sana sighed into the kiss, gripping onto Tzuyu’s jean loops.

“So, what was that about?” Tzuyu pushed to ask as they broke apart, still cupping Sana’s cheeks.

“I might have had a crush on you for a while.” Sana admitted, blushing and refusing to look at Tzuyu.

“No way~” Tzuyu chuckled, pulling Sana’s head up slowly.

“Well, I guess it’s a good thing that I’ve had one on you as well.” Tzuyu confessed, laughing at Sana buried herself in Tzuyu’s embrace.

“So does that make you my knight in shining armour?” Sana asked.

“Well I would say you’re a princess so I’d say yes.” Tzuyu teased, making Sana whine.

“Alright my prince, let me treat your wounds then.” Sana played along, pulling Tzuyu down as she nursed her scratches. “I hope you got her worse than this.” She commented.

“Of course. You would’ve been surprised if you’d seen me.” Tzuyu smiled, encircling Sana’s waist.

“Good then.” Sana muttered, kissing Tzuyu’s cheek once she was done. “Are you alone again tonight?”

“Parents are out of the country.” Tzuyu nodded.

“Alright, I’ll make you dinner then.” Sana clapped her hands, getting up to the kitchen.

“You don’t have to!” Tzuyu exclaimed.

“I don’t mind. Plus, I know you’d probably sleep instead.” Sana scoffed as Tzuyu scratched her head in acceptance. “Sit, we’ll eat together once it’s done.”


A/N: GUESS WHO FINALLY UPDATED :D
A longer one shot for you guys since I haven't updated in a while~

I hope you like the update!

Sorry for any typos you see ⚆ _ ⚆