Deal?

[SEMI-HIATUS] SaTzuration ; a one shot and drabble collection

A/N: This was requested by YoonAddict93
Hope you like it ~


Tzuyu groaned in pain as she held her ankle, observing the growing swelling around the flamed area. There was a reason she preferred staying in classrooms and studying rather than coming out and doing sports. Was it not for her failing physical grade, she’d die before ever thinking about possibly participating in anything sports related.

After deciding to ignore her failing physical health grade, her teacher had pulled her aside to inform her that she had to start partaking in their lessons rather than always forgetting her uniform at home. She’d escaped a few of her lessons with that and then the past few weeks have consisted of her actually playing with the rest of the class. Now, she was left clutching her ankle because some dim-witted had pushed her out of nowhere, making her lose balance and fall.

Why did such a terrible subject exist in her life? Why couldn’t they just include the health aspect? This one subject was preventing her from getting an A across all subjects and was making her mad. Usually, she’d be happy that she couldn’t participate in future physical lessons but with her low grade in the subject, she wanted the injury to go away.

Tzuyu limped off the court, trying to stay balanced as she found the nearest bench. She leaned her head back as she tried to rotate her ankle, feeling the pain shoot up her leg. She was about to reach down and observe it again when a pair of cold hands were wrapped around it. Tzuyu sat up straight, colliding with whoever had held her ankle and holding her forehead in agony.

“Are you okay?” The girl asked.

Why was the voice so familiar? Tzuyu looked down, eyes widening as she realised that the person she’d just collided with was the school princess – Minatozaki Sana. The cheerleading captain, Minatozaki Sana. The hottest girl on campus, Minatozaki Sana. She was currently observing Tzuyu with eyes that could draw anyone in and a smile present on her face was to make Tzuyu extremely nervous and a blushing mess. Other school students whispered around them, hushed voices and stares that made Tzuyu uncomfortable.

Letting her hair fall as a curtain, Tzuyu looked down in her lap and fiddled with her fingers. How was she meant to react when the most popular student in the entire school was in front of her, holding her goddamn ankle.

“Tzuyu?” Sana called out.

Tzuyu’s eyes widened upon processing the knowledge that her name was known by Sana. She was the quietest girl, keeping to herself – how did Sana even know her?

“Ah, I’m okay. I’ll just head to the nurse.” Tzuyu mumbled, trying to stand up. Sana was quick to help her up, frowning as she noticed Tzuyu’s scrunched up face.

“This won’t do.” Sana mumbled, turning her back to Tzuyu. “Get on.”

“W-what?” Tzuyu stuttered.

“Get on my back. You won’t be able to walk far. Please.” Sana offered, turning her head to plead with the injured girl. Tzuyu nodded, blushing as Sana supported on her back. Tzuyu held on to Sana’s shoulders as she pushed her higher, hands resting behind her knees.

Whistling and squealing could be heard and all Tzuyu wanted to do was hide. Her face was bright red and she hid in the crook of Sana’s neck. Sana was internally freaking out with Tzuyu so close to her and she almost dropped her when Tzuyu’s nose brushed against her shoulders. Keeping her cool, Sana breathed out heavily as they reached outside of the nurse’s office. She was considering how to knock on the door, thinking of kicking it.

“Don’t kick it. I can knock.” Tzuyu chuckled, leaning over and rapped her fist against the door. Sana was blushing, glad that Tzuyu couldn’t see her right now. The nurse opened the door, allowing them to enter. Sana set Tzuyu down on the bed gently, making sure she didn’t hurt her.

“Thank you Sana-chan.” Tzuyu mumbled, Sana blushing at the honorific.

“It’s okay. It was my pleasure Tzuyu.” Sana smiled, almost stopping Tzuyu’s heart.

“Well, you’ve just twisted your ankle. I’ll ice it for now so the swelling will go down. I’ll bandage it up before the day ends.” The nurse advised, brining an ice pack from the fridge.

“Sana-chan, it’s lunch time. You should go and eat.” Tzuyu suggested as she looked at the clock on the wall. She was way too nervous around the girl and maybe getting her to leave would settle her nerves down.

Sana seemed to be in deep thought for a few moments before an idea sprung in her head. Hurriedly, she ran out of the room, surprising both the nurse and Tzuyu. It seemed like Tzuyu was going to have a very long afternoon. Sana was gone for about two minutes when Tzuyu’s friends Chaeyoung and Dahyun skidded inside the room. The nurse glared at them but they ignored it, walking towards their friend.

“Tzuyu! I heard Sana carried you here!” Dahyun squealed, sitting next to her bed.

“Aren’t you lucky! You finally speak to her!” Chaeyoung added.

“Yes, I’m doing fine guys. Thanks for asking.” Tzuyu scoffed, rolling her eyes.

“What’s her back like?” Dahyun asked dreamily.

“Did she really bring you all the way here?” Chaeyoung sighed.

Having enough of the loudness, the nurse was annoyed.

“For god’s sake, she’s in a nurse’s room, not the school cafeteria. Get out of the office.” She scolded, pushing the two students out before Tzuyu could say anything to them. She sighed heavily as her friends left the room, glad for some peace and quiet.

The door opened again and Tzuyu was going to shout at the person who came in, glad she didn’t when she noticed it was Sana yet again. Her eyes widened as Sana closed the door, surprised by the presence.

“Here, you should eat something too.” Sana smiled, handing over a sandwich to Tzuyu she’d bought from the cafeteria.

“Thank you Sana-chan.” Tzuyu mumbled, a blush creeping on her cheeks.

Sana pulled out her own sandwich and sat next to Tzuyu, biting back a smile as Tzuyu avoided looking in her direction.

“You don’t have to stay here Sana-chan. I’m sure you have other things to do.” Tzuyu said.

“I want to be here.” Sana giggled as Tzuyu blushed.

“B-but you didn’t cause this. You shouldn’t hassle yourself.” Tzuyu muttered.

“It’s fine Tzuyu.” Sana denied, giving Tzuyu another smile.

The two of them ate silently, appreciating the environment around them. Rather than awkward, it was rather comfortable.

“Tzuyu, did you need a hand getting your physical health grade up.” Sana suddenly asked.

Tzuyu nodded shyly, embarrassed that her grades were known about by Sana.

“I have a proposition for you. How about I help you with health and you help me with math?” Sana asked shyly.

Tzuyu chuckled at her shyness, a side of Sana many people don’t get to see. “Sure Sana-chan. But you know that I won’t be able to do physical health with this injury, right?”

“I know.” Sana blushed, nodding.

“How about this? Why don’t we start with the maths first? Once my ankle gets better we can do both.” Tzuyu suggested.

“Are you saying we have to do math every day?” Sana whined.

“It’s only for a little while of each day.” Tzuyu reasoned.

“But, but, it’s math.” Sana wailed.

“What if I add in some incentives? Will that motivate you Sana-chan?” Tzuyu teased, basking in the fact that she’d made Sana blush.

“S-sure.” Sana stuttered.

Sana wasn’t kidding when she needed help for mathematics. God, it wasn’t that she couldn’t understand it, it seemed like she was applying the wrong formulas to the wrong questions. She had the right knowledge for the content and understood the concepts so all Tzuyu needed to do was lead her in the right direction. Starting off with simple worksheets, Tzuyu ensured formulas were placed on each sheet and relevant question as a guide. Soon enough, Sana seemed to fly through the worksheets, always rewarded with a lolly each time she finished one. Tzuyu had no idea that a simple incentive – a lolly – was enough to keep Sana going and working hard.

For Tzuyu, physical health was a pain – literally. In the first week, Tzuyu had wanted to give up but they had a deal and they had to go through with it. One hour before school and one hour after, the two of them spent endless time trying to improve Tzuyu’s physical ability. Spending time on the sport they were currently focussing on, basketball, the two of them organised daily activities into drills and skills and then a one on one game in the afternoon. Unlike Tzuyu, Sana didn’t have any incentives for her, much to her disappointment.

Unknowingly, the two of them became a lot closer through their shared tutoring lessons. It was to the point that Sana joined her during lunch time and walked her home in the afternoons. Whispers were always heard around them whenever they were together and Sana found herself wishing that she wasn’t so popular. She just hoped nothing happened to Tzuyu because of her.

“Hey Tzuyu, you know how exam time is coming up? How about we get to request something from each other after we’re done? Like once we get our results?” Sana asked as she put her head on the table.

“What kind of request?” Tzuyu asked, intrigued.

“Anything.” Sana replied, a smile forming on her lips.

“Anything?” Tzuyu raised an eyebrow, a smirk on her face.

“Y-ya! It has to be responsible though.” Sana stuttered, regretting her own decision.

“Of course. It’s a deal Sana-chan.” Tzuyu cooed, teasing Sana. The Japanese girl pouted and Tzuyu’s pulled on her cheeks, making them red.

“Ya!” Sana whined.

“Come on, back to studying. It’s the last worksheet.” Tzuyu said, chuckling at Sana’s horrified look.

Exam week arrived faster than all students expected. Studying in the library was difficult so Sana and Tzuyu were usually over each other’s houses as they worked individually, appreciating each other’s presence. Tzuyu had already improved her grade in physical health so she had nothing else to worry about. She usually helped Sana out where needed and focussed on revising her own notes.

Frustratingly for Sana, the last exam of the week was math. She’d say that her other subjects went well but she was still worried for this one. She practiced hard but some part of her thought that she’d screw up. She didn’t want to fail Tzuyu by performing poorly and she needed to do well for herself as well. Tzuyu was pacing outside Sana’s classroom, waiting for her to finish. Sana was a nervous wreck before the exam and it had taken a lot of hugs and hand squeezes to calm her down. She looked at her watch one more time, waiting for the bell to ring that signalled the end of the time.

Their eyes sought each other’s as the bell rung, a wide smile present on Sana’s face she ran up to Tzuyu.

“You’re still here.” Sana commented, surprised.

“Of course I’d be here. I need to tell you my request.” Tzuyu teased.

“O-oh. The requests.” Sana stuttered.

“Exam first though. How’d it go?” Tzuyu asked.

“I actually think it went okay.” Sana grinned.

“Of course it’d be okay. I helped you.” Tzuyu said smugly.

“I’m looking for my old friend Tzuyu. What did you do to her?” Sana gasped, knocking on Tzuyu’s head teasingly.

Tzuyu scoffed, “Alright, tell me your request.”

“You don’t have to go through with it though, I’m just saying.” Sana mumbled shyly.

‘’Just say it.”  Tzuyu asked with impatience.

“Are you sure.” Sana questioned.

“Yes.”

“Alright then. Be my girlfriend.” Sana said.

Tzuyu raised an eyebrow and smirked. “Funny thing is that we both had the same request.” They both chuckled, shaking their heads.

“So, yes or no?” Sana asked again.

“Of course it’s a yes.” Tzuyu muttered, Sana pulling her into her embrace as she said so.


A/N: Hey everyone, I apologise for the delayed update ~
I've been quite sick the past few days so I haven't done much writing

Hope you like this one shot!
Sorry for any typos ~