Cinderella [FT1]

[SEMI-HIATUS] SaTzuration ; a one shot and drabble collection

A/N: This is part one of the Fairy Tales Series; based on the story Cinderella


It was another normal day in her household. Sana brushed the hair out of her sweaty face as she mopped the tiled floors of her house. Things had changed after her father had re-married a woman with two daughters. Everything was going well until her own father passed away, giving her step mother the freedom to do anything she willed to. That ‘anything’ was treating her like the slave of the house. Sana’s step mother didn’t like her a single bit and she had no idea why; why was she being treated so poorly? She was an outcast in her own household. She wasn’t treated like she was part of the family in any kind of way.

Sana slept in a small room that a had a single rickety bed and a tiny window. She got to wear worn and torn clothes, nothing nice. She often repaired her own clothes, stitching patches on holes and cutting others to make it somewhat wearable. Sana ate what she could find in the kitchen as she cooked and spent the remainder of her time talking to a stray dog. Anything her step mother bought was solely for her own daughters. Anything she did, was just for them. It was as if Sana was non-existent in the house. She had never once received the love and care that her step mother gave her own daughters.

She didn’t let that affect her own behaviour or nature though. Sana did everything she was told to and kept shut. She wished she was never in the situation but if she went against her step mother’s wishes, she would have nowhere to go at all. Her mother’s family was already long gone and no one from her father’s side would take her in. She’d never once left the four walls of the house her father had bought. She always wondered what the world outside was like. The little window in her room shed a little bit of light on the outer world. Sana often just run around one end of the house to the other doing chores instead.

“Sana, come here!” Her step mother shouted.

She ran at the call, immediately going into the room that was occupied by her step mother and step sisters. There were beautiful dresses lined up on the bed, shimmering from the light in the room. There was a ball being held in the Lanara Hall in town. It was hosted by the royal family who were seeking a partner for their only child. Needless to say, her step mother had planned to dress up her daughters in the most priced dresses she could get her hands on. The sisters couldn’t stop talking about it at all, continuously gushing about what the future leader would look like. Despite there being three invitations for the girls of the house, Sana knew she wouldn’t be able to go.

Even though Sana knew the answer to her own question, she asked anyway. “What about me?”

“You? You can just stay home and clean the girls’ rooms. They’ll be tired when they come home from the ball.” Her step mother replied. “For now, you have to help them get ready.”

Sana complied with her wishes, setting the girls’ hair and placing them into curls. They whined as Sana pushed slides in a little harshly but were scolded by their mother, quietening them down. She picked out matching jewels and flower crowns to suit the dress, letting them rest on the girls. They twirled in their outfits, happy with how it turned out. Sana wanted to cringe at their reactions and the way they were acting. She didn’t want to be mean but their chances of wooing the leader were quite slim with their grace and looks. Their mother rushed them out of the house as they finished dressing up and touching up.

“Sana! Don’t forget to do the dishes in the sink!” Her step sister Fei called out.

“Some of my clothes need sewing too! Do them for me!” Her other step sister Jia called out.

Sana sighed and plopped down in front of the television as her step mother and sisters left the house. The stray dog whined and curled up next to her.

“If only I could go to the ball.” Sana pouted.

In the next minute, she heard a poof and almost screamed when she saw a presence in the kitchen of the house.

“Don’t be scared Sana. I’m your fairy godmother, Jihyo. I will make sure you go to the ball tonight no matter what. I need you to pick up a large pumpkin from the garden first though.” She told Sana.

“And you,” Jihyo pointed to the dog, “I know you’ll find this disgusting but you need to go fetch me seven mice!” She commanded.

Sana and the dog stayed rooted to their spot, still staring at the new presence in the kitchen.

“Come on! We don’t have much time. Chop, chop!” Jihyo ordered.

The two scattered away, heading towards the garden and basement to find their chosen tasks. Sana huffed as she brought the largest pumpkin she could find, landing it on the floor with a thud and breathing heavily. The dog brought one mouse at a time, woofing at the disgusting task. Sana rubbed his head as he brought the final one.

Jihyo tapped the pumpkin with her wand, turning it into a majestic and beautiful white coach. Six of the seven mice turned into horses carrying the coach while the last mouse became the coachman, taking the reins of the horses.

“What about my clothes? I can’t go in rags!” Sana pouted, looking sadly.

“If I turned a pumpkin into a coach, imagine what I can do in terms of clothes.” Jihyo teased. She tapped her wand on Sana’s shoulder and her old and tattered clothes were gone, replaced with a stunning gold dress that hugged her curves. Her blonde hair was up in a high bun, showing off her beautiful milky skin. Her feet held the shiniest glass slippers Sana had ever laid her eyes upon.

Sana was too stunned for words.

“Remember this. You must be home before midnight or else everything will go back to its original state. Your clothes will be the ones you wearing earlier, your coach will become a pumpkin and the horses will become mice.” Jihyo explained.

“Thank you very much fairy godmother.” Sana said as she got into the coach.

“Your wishes will become true tonight. Good luck.” Jihyo said one last time as Sana’s coach left.

All eyes were on Sana as she reached the hall. Everyone was curious about who she was, even her own step mother and sisters, who had their mouths hanging open in surprise.

“Who can that be?” Sana heard Jia ask.

“I don’t know. I’ve never seen her before.” Fei answered, shrugging.

As soon as the King’s daughter laid her eyes upon her, she was absolutely shocked for words. She’d never seen someone so beautiful in her entire life. So many had asked to dance with her but Tzuyu rejected them all. She just wanted a dance with one girl. Once she reached her, she bowed deeply, asking for her hand to dance.

“I am the future heir, Tzuyu. May I ask who you are, fair beauty?” She asked. (A/N: cringing omg)

“It doesn’t matter; you will never see me again.” Sana simply answered, preventing Tzuyu from asking again.

“But I will! I will make sure that I will see you again.” Tzuyu whispered as Sana finally accepted her hand for the dance.

Tzuyu kept her hands on the girl’s waist as she had hers on her shoulder. They danced together the entire night and Sana had the most fun in her entire life. All possible suitors were deeply disappointed with their lack of chances to dance with the heir. When Sana heard the clock strike 12, she widened her eyes in realisation and slipped out of Tzuyu’s arms. Tzuyu could only chase after the girl, still unaware of her identity. Sana lost one of her slippers as she ran down the stairs, not looking back to seek it. If she stopped to do so, everything would change.

Tzuyu, who had already fallen heads over heels in love with the mystery girl, picked up the fallen slipper. She commanded her fellow workers, “Tomorrow, I will find the one girl whose feet fit into these slippers. Get me a list of all the girls of the town. No one else will suffice until I find that girl. Is that clear?” They all nodded their heads in understanding and they rushed to find a list for the heir.

The next morning, Tzuyu went from house to house, seeking out the true owner of the slippers. She was tired out but the mystery girl kept her motivated. At last, she had reached Sana’s house. Jia tried the shoe on first, but it was too wide and big to fit. Fei pushed her aside, complaining about her sister’s foot. She tried it on herself but hers were too thin and long.

“Please… let me try.” Sana said quietly, shocking both Tzuyu and the members of the house.

“How would yours even fit? You weren’t even at the ball!” The sisters scoffed.

Tzuyu placed the slipper next to Sana’s foot herself. Something about this girl’s voice was similar to the one she had heard the night before. Sana carefully slipped her foot in the shoe and it fit perfectly. Jihyo appeared out of thin air in the next moment, shocking everyone in the house. She tapped her wand against Sana’s shoulder once again and Sana was in the gown and jewels from the night before, leaving her step sisters and mother with their mouths hanging open.

No one knew what to say but Tzuyu. She proposed in that moment, asking Sana to marry her. For she was the girl who had stolen her heart with just her voice and her elegance. Sana gracefully accepted the proposal and they headed off together with the dog Sana had befriended.

They all lived happily ever after. (A/N: cringe x100000)


A/N: To be completely honest, I was writing this to make myself feel a little bit better. I've been in quite deep thoughts lately and decided to write something fluffy to feel better. I could've written angst but I didn't want to break your hearts :P


The ending and some parts of the story made me cringe hah but I still hope you liked it! If you think this kind of series is weird, let me know! It's nice to hear your opinions.