New Year's Eve

[SEMI-HIATUS] SaTzuration ; a one shot and drabble collection

Tzuyu decided to take a breather and move away from the chaos that came with her group when they hung out. It was a beautiful night; slightly chilly but the stars were shining so bright and the atmosphere was pumping. She could hear the faded beats from some upbeat song still playing in the distance. How far had she walked already? She had no clue. But she wouldn’t have a hard time finding her way back since her friends had a huge banner up saying If Lost, Just Join Us. This is an annual thing for her friends; a ‘go all out’ party. God, sometimes she felt embarrassed being around them.

New Year’s Eve was always a crazy night for them but a tiny bit of her felt a little sad. All her fellow group members had found themselves a partner that they adored and doted on, yet Tzuyu hasn’t been able to find one yet. She had a resolution last year to find someone special for her but it seems like she’s going to have to include it in the next year’s resolution too. Why couldn’t someone just help her find the right person for herself? She continued walking till she reached the edge of the pier she was walking on. Tzuyu could see a figure sitting on the ledge but couldn’t make out if anyone was with them.

She squinted her eyes in hopes of seeing something more but it didn’t help. No one should be alone on New Year’s Eve; especially since there was only an hour left till the countdown. Tzuyu decided to wait for a few more minutes, checking if the person indeed come with someone or if they were alone. She didn’t want to embarrass herself if the person already had her partner. Time seemed to pass by extremely slow while Tzuyu was staring on. She eventually gave up on waiting and walked towards the figure. As she got closer and closer, she realised it was actually a girl. She was kicking her legs freely, occasionally hitting the water.

Why did she look so familiar? To try and make her intentions less obvious, Tzuyu sat on the other side of where the girl was sitting. Tzuyu snuck a few glances at her, trying to figure out who she was and why she looked familiar. Each glance lingered longer and longer until the fourth. In the fourth glance was when she realised the girl was none other than Minatozaki Sana. Sure, they’d talked a few times but the girl was never alone. She was one of the most popular girls in the town area yet she was sitting by herself on a pier? Sana looked like she was deep in thought and it was so different from what she saw usually.

“You can stop glancing at me every minute you know. I can feel your gaze.” Sana spoke, scaring Tzuyu and sending her into a coughing fit.

Sana immediately got up to check on the girl, patting her back in an attempt to calm her down and stop her coughing.

“I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to scare you!” Sana apologised

“You shouldn’t apologise. You were probably freaked out by me staring. I’m sorry, I was just trying to recognise you.” Tzuyu admitted.

That voice, it belonged to the one person who she liked. It was Tzuyu! – Sana

“Tzuyu?!” Sana shouted, clamping her hand over once she realised how loud she was.

Tzuyu chuckled at Sana’s reaction. “Yes, it’s me Sana.”

“W-what are you doing here?” Sana stuttered, cursing under her breath for letting her nervousness get to her.

“I should ask you that. Where are your group of friends?” Tzuyu queried.

“Ah, they’re probably going crazy partying up there somewhere.” Sana replied, pointing to where the music was blasting.

“You don’t want to be there?” Tzuyu asked.

“I just needed a breather.” Sana answered.

“Oh, like me then.” Tzuyu chuckled. “It can get quite chaotic up there.”

“It can really be. I swear I saw two people dancing like ostriches up there.” Said Sana.

“How do you even dance like an ostrich?” Tzuyu asked.

“Here, let me show you.” Sana mentioned, getting up and doing some random movements with her hands.

Tzuyu had to bite back a smile at how gullible was. She looked so cute dancing and trying to imitate what she already knew herself.

“So – wait why are you smiling?” Sana asked.

“N-no reason.” Tzuyu said, trying to keep in her laughter.

“OH MY GOD! You already knew what it was didn’t you? You just wanted to see me do it! You’re such an evil one!” Sana realised.

“You were cute. I promise I won’t let anyone know about it. Cross my heart.” Tzuyu mocked.

“Yes, you better hope you don’t die.” Sana replied, blushing.

The two basked in the beauty of the night and the comforting sound of the waves hitting the rocks on the pier. It was somehow not awkward between the two of them and they both liked the feeling. Sana swung her legs over the pier again, Tzuyu copying her and mimicking her movements and laughing with Sana as she did so. Tzuyu wouldn’t have expected to be here today, sitting with Sana in complete bliss. Some part of being with her made Tzuyu felt like she was so relaxed and could be herself. She lay down on the decking, staring up at the night sky and the billions of stars that lit up the world.

“Do you have any resolutions for next year?” Tzuyu asked, breaking the silence.

“Hmm. I have one that I’ve decided on in specific.” Sana replied.

“Can I ask what it is? I mean your resolution.” Tzuyu asked, curious.

“To confess to someone that I like.” Sana blurted out.

“You have someone you like?! That’s great. They’re lucky to be liked by you.” Tzuyu pouted, making Sana chuckle.

“Well, I don’t know if she likes me yet. How about you? Do you have any resolutions?” Sana asked.

“I have one from this year that doesn’t seem like it’ll happen so I’m hoping it will happen in the next. I want to find someone; I want to be in a relationship. All my friends are in one and it’s making me depressed.” Tzuyu blushed, making Sana chuckle.

“You’ll find someone. I’m sure.” Sana comforted.

“I hope we both will.” Tzuyu said.

“Oh, there’s fifteen minutes till countdown. Do you want to head back?” Sana asked, getting a yes from Tzuyu.

“Thank you for spending time with me Sana. Even though I might have creeped you out with the staring.” Tzuyu mumbled, rubbing her nape in embarrassment.

“Will it make you feel better if I tell you that I was staring too?” Sana chuckled, leaving an open mouthed Tzuyu behind.

“Wh-what! Why are you telling me that now!” Tzuyu pouted as she caught up to Sana.

“Because it was fun seeing you shy and embarrassed about it. Your reaction is priceless right now.” Sana teased, laughing.

“Y-ya! That’s not fair!” Tzuyu whined.

“It is fair since you didn’t realise that I was staring too. Not my fault you were caught up in staring at me and not realising that I was too.” Sana replied, sticking out her tongue and running away from Tzuyu.

There were a few minutes left till the countdown by the time the two had reached the chaotic area again. The party showed no sign of change from the moment they left, raging on. It was as if their energy levels never died out. How was that even possible? Tzuyu could still see her friends whipping their hair around and dancing like maniacs, making her shake her head at the sight. Sana’s friends were the exact same as Tzuyu’s; dancing like they had no care in the world. The two of them didn’t want to leave each other yet knew they had to do so to get back to their friend groups. Maybe they’d find each other again.

“Well, thank you for the time we spent together!” Tzuyu shouted.

“WHAT? I CAN’T HEAR YOU!” Sana screamed over the music.

“I SAID, THANK YOU FOR SPENDING TIME WITH ME!” Tzuyu yelled.

“NO PROBLEM! THANK YOU AS WELL! IT WAS NICE TALKING TO YOU, REALLY. DON’T BE A STRANGER ALRIGHT?” Said Sana.

Tzuyu nodded and smiled at Sana. Despite the short time they spent together, she had a lot of fun away from the party.

“I’LL SEE YOU AROUND THEN TZUYU! HOPE YOU COMPLETE YOUR RESOLUTIONS!”

“YOU TOO!”

With only one minute to the countdown and couples lining up together already, Tzuyu felt like she was going to go mad. It was like she was being mocked for not being in a relationship. Why was she suffering so much? She walked around, seeing everyone smiling at each other and dragging others to find partners. Tzuyu had her mind on someone in the last thirty seconds. She just hoped she could find her in time. 20! 19! 18! 17! 16! She looked for the other massive group in the party on the opposite side of where she was currently standing. 15! 14! 13! 12! 11! Her eyes found the girl and when their eyes connected she knew they both had the same idea.

10! 9! 8! 7! 6! It seemed to be a mutual decision to meet in the middle. 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! Happy New Year! Tzuyu held Sana’s cheeks and closed the gap between the two of them, pressing her lips to Sana’s soft strawberry ones. God they were so soft – Tzuyu. She heard the fireworks go off above them and she smiled as Sana pulled her closer, not breaking off the kiss. She brought her hand up to Sana’s neck, cradling it softly while Sana let her arms embrace Tzuyu’s waist, holding on tightly. Tzuyu leaned her forehead against Sana’s when they broke apart, smiling so hard at what just happened.

“Happy New Year.” Tzuyu whispered.

“Happy New Year to you too.” Sana chuckled.

“Sana, do you think you could already help with my resolution for this year?” Tzuyu teased.

“Only because it’ll help with mine as well.” Sana replied, blushing.

“I’M THE PERSON YOU LIKED?!” Tzuyu asked, shocked.

Sana blushed deeper and looked at the ground, nervously playing with her fingers. Tzuyu lifted up her chin, giving Sana a toothy grin as she once again found herself cradling Sana’s cheeks. “Will you be my girlfriend Minatozaki Sana?”

“I like the sound of that.” Sana chuckled, leaning forward and capturing Tzuyu’s addictive lips again.

“OH MY GOD GUYS! TZUYU IS KISSING SOMEONE!” A voice shouted.

“LET ME SEE–” Another said

“WAIT, IS THAT SANA?”

“HOLY , IT HAPPENED!”

“CONGRATS TZUYU!”

“OMG SANA!”

Tzuyu and Sana whined at their friends’ behaviour.

“Can we get out of here? Go out for dinner? My treat for accomplishing my resolution.” Tzuyu asked.

“Then I’ll get dessert for mine.” Sana answered, smiling as Tzuyu slipped her hands in hers.

“I think this will be a good year.” Tzuyu chuckled, walking away.

“YA WHERE ARE YOU TWO GOING?!”


A/N: This one-shot is for a friend of mine who's birthday was yesterday! A little delayed present hehe!

Hope you like it :D