Never Say You Don't

[SEMI-HIATUS] SaTzuration ; a one shot and drabble collection

A/N: This is a little shorter than my normal ones but still hope you like it!

I'm going to dedicate this to: xolovestephi_SONE0 - I hope it's counted as fluffy :D


The members of Twice had been awake since early in the morning, preparing meals for their fellow ONCEs. It was the Idol Star Athletic Championship today and they had many fans coming to watch them. It was only their second one yet they knew it was really fun and tiring. Each member wrote a little note to their ONCEs about making sure they take care of themselves and eating well. Everyone laughed at Momo’s one. She had previously made a mistake of writing ‘ONECS’ instead of ‘ONCES’, getting teased endlessly by fans. She wrote it carefully today, writing that the ‘ONECS’ was written on purpose.

Tzuyu was incredibly nervous about her part of the competition today. She might like archery, but she was never confident in the sport. This time, Nayeon was replacing Mina and Tzuyu was an added member since three group members took part in the event. Last time, she didn’t participate in any of the events and was comfortable being with the other twice members, walking around the stadium. She’d practiced for this yet she still wasn’t feeling good about the event.

She shook off her nerves as they reached the stadium. They still had to set the food they’d prepared for their fans before the opening ceremony. Posting up their mini letters and food packs on their SNS, they made their way to the side hall, where they would come out from once they were called out. The fact that her girlfriend wasn’t with them had made Tzuyu a whole lot more nervous than she was originally. It had slipped her mind that Sana wouldn’t be coming with them since she was going to be an MC. It felt weird being just the 8 of them while introducing themselves. When they uploaded a picture for their international fans, Tzuyu smiled, but it wasn’t true. She had wished Sana was there as well, in the photo.

After introductions, the events had finally started. Groups headed towards their set events, Tzuyu walking with Dahyun and Nayeon to the archery station. She prepared herself immediately since she was the first one to go up amongst her members. She breathed in and out countless times, trying to settle down her unsteady heart. She didn’t know if she could do it; her palms were getting sweatier by the second. Tzuyu took the proper stance for her set of shooting and got comfortable. She could do this, right?

To say that Tzuyu underperformed would be a lie; a disastrous one. Her team of three were relying on her yet she failed on the first hit. For others it might just be an entertaining game, but for her it was a chance to prove that she was good at something. But she failed to showcase her skills, scoring the lowest amongst the three of her fellow members. Her first shot hadn’t even hit the target, giving her a score of 0. She tried to do better, scoring a 9 and a 7 on her sequential shots but the fact that she scored a 0 on the first shot had been a massive blow to their team’s score. Both Nayeon and Dahyun had performed better than she had and she was left feeling dejected.

It was all because there was only person who wasn’t there to wish her good luck. Sana was there with her at the previous Idol Star Athletic Championships and she was more confident then. She was there when Tzuyu practiced for the event, cheering her on. Yes, the fans were cheering for her but it wasn’t the same thing. Since this year Sana was MCing another sport, Tzuyu was left by herself. It had affected her concentration levels in the archery field and she wished Sana was there to cheer her on. She sulked as they headed back towards where the others were gathered.

“Tzuyu, you did well. Cheer up!” Dahyun attempted.

Tzuyu smiled at Dahyun, trying to get her to stop worrying about her. She didn’t want to talk anymore; she wanted to stay quiet. Tzuyu just looked around the large venue, eagerly awaiting its end now. She was bummed out by her own skills and felt no motivation to sit and wait for the event to go on any longer.

There was still one event left in which the members were taking part in. The other members cheered on their relay team as the set their marks to begin running. Jihyo, Chaeyoung, Sana and Jeongyeon were taking part in it.

“Hey Tzuyu, you okay?” Nayeon asked, curious why the younger one was so quiet.

“Hmm? Of course.” Tzuyu replied a little too defensively, giving a forced smile.

“Huh? Okay.” Nayeon chuckled, ruffling Tzuyu’s hair.

Tzuyu wasn’t paying attention to the race so she didn’t know who won. She absent-mindedly went to the bathroom, needing a break from the events.

“Hey Unnie, don’t you think Tzuyu’s acting weird?” Dahyun asked Nayeon.

Nayeon nodded, totally agreeing. Something was wrong about their maknae and they had no idea what it was yet.

“Hey, where’s Tzuyu?” Sana asked as they sat down after their race.

“She just went to the bathroom.” Dahyun answered.

“Oh, alright. We’ll leave when she comes then.” Sana replied.

They waited for a few minutes before Tzuyu came back, looking quite tired. Jeongyeon held her hand since they were asked to do so by their manager and they headed back to the car. Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Sana and Tzuyu had taken up one car with the remaining five sitting in the other awaiting car.

Sana could sense that Tzuyu was tired from the events of the day; hell, even she was tired. They sat at the back, Nayeon and Jeongyeon sitting in front of them. They’d only driven for about 5 minutes when she could see Tzuyu’s head lolling to the side. She chuckled at the sight before she gently placed Tzuyu’s head on her own shoulder. Tzuyu immediately snuggled closer to Sana, nose brushing Sana’s neck, sending shivers down her spine from the sudden contact. She pulled a blanket from the side, placing it on both of them before she fell asleep as well, head leaning against Tzuyu’s.

Nayeon nudged the two awake as they arrived at their dorm. They both rubbed the sleep out of their eyes as they stumbled out of the car and headed towards their rooms. Tzuyu immediately got changed into her pyjamas and slid into her bed, surprising all the members. Dahyun and Chaeyoung followed shortly after her, crawling into their own beds.

Tzuyu was still feeling sad about her own performance from the event earlier. Why couldn’t she do anything right when it came to their group? What was her point in the group other than her visuals? Before she realised it, she had already started crying softly. She couldn’t breathe properly and her tears weren’t helping. A warm pair of hands enveloped her from the back, pulling her closer. As soon as the familiar smell of Sana’s perfume wafted into her nose, Tzuyu settled down and her crying had turned into sniffles; she could finally breathe.

Sana was about to settle in her bed when the two other maknaes had burst into their room.

“What’s wrong?” Sana asked worriedly.

“Unnie, I think Tzuyu needs you. She’s crying.” Chaeyoung let out in a rush.

“What?!” Sana squealed.

“Stay there for the night Unnie. We’ll bunk with the others. She’s been quiet and reserved the whole day.” Dahyun said, earning a nod from Sana.

She walked to Tzuyu’s room in a record amount of steps, her heart almost breaking when she heard her cry. Tzuyu sounded like she was having troubles breathing – her cries sounded different. Sana walked towards the bed, sliding in next to Tzuyu and snaking her arms around her waist. She ran her hands through Tzuyu’s hair, soothing her cries. Tzuyu’s breathing became normal and in sync with her own.

“What’s wrong Tzu? Hmm?” Sana whispered.

Tzuyu turned around, snuggling into Sana’s embrace as she tried to word her feelings.

“Unnie, am I good enough to be in this group? I can’t do anything. I can’t sing well, I cause controversies, I can’t perform well in the championships; what can I do?” Tzuyu sniffled.

Sana pulled Tzuyu’s chin up so that her eyes could meet hers. “You can love Tzuyu. You never give up. You’re a fighter. You’re strong. You’re more than capable. You’re talented. There are so many things about you that I could list. You are more than good enough to be in this group, with all of us. You deserve it.”

“But –”

“Is this about your performance at the archery event today Tzu?” Sana asked, cutting Tzuyu off.

Since she looked down, Sana assumed it was the true reason.

“Tzuyu, it was your first time participating in the archery event. You did really well for your first time.” Sana comforted.

“But Mina Unnie would’ve been better than me. She could’ve made the team win.” Tzuyu sulked.

“That doesn’t matter Tzuyu. I know you wanted to prove something to everyone and you have. You’ve proved to them that you’re strong. Even though you missed the first shot, you still performed well in your other two shots. If I tried, I’d probably strike someone instead.” Sana teased, making Tzuyu chuckle.

“Thanks Unnie. It’s just that I felt like I could’ve done much better. I wasn’t able to concentrate well and I was feeling unconfident.” Tzuyu whispered.

“Why couldn’t you concentrate?” Sana asked.

“Well, you were there with me in the previous championship and you weren’t there this time so I felt more nervous and scared.” Tzuyu mumbled resulting in a smiling Sana.

“Tzuyu-ah, I’ll always be with you no matter what, okay? I’m sorry I couldn’t be there with you this time but I saw you from far away. You looked amazing.” Sana cooed.

Tzuyu blushed and Sana chuckled at her shyness. She kissed Tzuyu’s forehead softly, pulling her close in her embrace and tucking her head under chin.

“You deserve this as much as everyone else, never say you don’t.” Sana muttered, drifting off to sleep.


A/N: The inspiration came from the results of their archery game against GFriend hehe

The girls did well today!

I hope there's no spelling errors :O

Hope you like it!