Believe Me!

[SEMI-HIATUS] SaTzuration ; a one shot and drabble collection

A/N: This plot (college AU) was suggested by shillainn! I hope you like it xD


“Good morning love!” Tzuyu greeted over the phone, still yawning. “I’m going to be leaving for university in a little while and I’ll see you there? I know you’ll probably be busy so you don’t need to go out of your way to meet me. I think there’s a huge chance I’m just going to crash and fall asleep as soon as I get to my dorm.”

“Are you sure Tzu? I can come meet you and give you a tour?” Her girlfriend suggested.

“It’s okay Sana, really.” Said Tzuyu.

“Actually – how about this? I’ll help you move in to your dorm at least? Please? I really want to.” Sana pleaded.

“Alright love. I’ll call you when I get there.” Tzuyu replied, smiling at her girlfriend’s persistence.

As she got in her car to begin the long drive, she found herself thinking about how she ended up with such an amazing girlfriend. They’ve been together for almost four years now and Tzuyu could swear she loves the girl more and more every day. The two of them met in high school – Sana was a year senior to Tzuyu. She still finds the situation in which they met quite embarrassing. Tzuyu was scared out of her mind when she accidentally spilt juice on Sana in the cafeteria. Sana was the school’s most popular student – everyone knew that. Tzuyu had only heard about her from her friends and classmates but never encountered her.

So with the knowledge that Tzuyu had on Sana, she apologised several times but Sana simply pulled the girl away from prying eyes and into an empty classroom. If Tzuyu was scared before, she was absolutely terrified the moment the two of them were alone. She wouldn’t meet Sana’s gaze and nervously twiddled with her thumbs.

“Are you going to keep staring at the floor or actually look up?”

Tzuyu’s heart was no doubt beating at an impossible rate as she lifted her head up.

“I’m r-really s-sorry. I didn’t m-mean to s-spill the j-juice.”

It’s okay you know. It’s not like I’ll die from having a ruined shirt. But, there is one thing I’d like from you.”

“O-oh, what is it Sunbae (A/N: senior)?”

“Well, now that makes it two. One, please don’t call me Sunbae and two, let’s be friends!”

“W-what? But why Sunbae?”

“Didn’t I just tell you not to call me Sunbae? You can just call me Sana.”

“Sss-Sana?”

“Are you impersonating a snake?”

“No! I’m just – I was just really scared.”

“Huh? Why? I’m not that scary am I?”

When Tzuyu didn’t reply, Sana was shocked.

“You think I’m scary?!”

“N-no. You’re not scary. You’re the most popular girl in the school and it’s just nerve-wracking to have a conversation with you.”

“Tzuyu, you don’t have to be nervous around me.”

“You know my name?!”

“Of course I do. I always know the ones I like.”

After a few months of talking and hanging out almost every day, they finally confessed to each other and decided to go ahead with a relationship. The two were dubbed as the ‘High School Sweethearts’ and they had their own mini fan base. Her own friends were quite shocked that they had become so close in such a short time but were nonetheless, extremely happy for her. When it came to the summer after Sana graduated, Tzuyu wasn’t sure how they would be able to manage their relationship. Long distance relationships didn’t always work. They spent every moment of their summer together, not willing to part up until Sana had to leave. As much as Tzuyu was scared of how their relationship was going to be like, she had faith in them and considering it was only a year till Tzuyu graduated herself, she was motivated to get through the year unlike no other.

Tzuyu was shy back then and nothing much has changed now. She’s still super shy and quiet unless she’s around friends and family. Her friends always tell her how her looks make her seem like she’s difficult to approach but she’s actually crazy once you get to know her. Tzuyu wasn’t the one who approached others to befriend them; it was the others who would approach her. That’s why she was a little worried about making friends at university – students weren’t always in the same class.

Tzuyu finally arrived at the campus dorm, yawning as she parked her car. She jogged up to the administration office, getting her room keys and her timetable. She shot her girlfriend a message about her details and headed back to her car to unload her luggage. Tzuyu almost screamed when she felt a pair of arms encircle her waist. Had it not been for the familiar perfume, she would’ve reacted and hit the person instead.

“Hey beautiful. Was the ride okay?” Sana asked, landing a kiss on Tzuyu’s cheek.

“Mhmm. It was a little tiring but I feel better now.” Replied Tzuyu, blushing.

“Oh really? Why is that?” Sana teased as she helped herself into Tzuyu’s embrace.

“Well I got to see my hot girlfriend. Who wouldn’t be happy?” Tzuyu laughed.

“I don’t see her around. That’s weird.” Sana replied.

“Maybe you need a mirror then.” Tzuyu answered, sticking out her tongue.

“Let’s get you settled in, shall we? Do you know who your roommate is?” Sana asked.

“Uh – her name was Dahyun I think?” Tzuyu mentioned, pulling out the last bag from her trunk.

“No way! What a coincidence! Her girlfriend is in my dorm!” Sana exclaimed.

“That really is a big coincidence.” Tzuyu laughed, walking up to her room.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to show you around?” Sana asked again.

“Yup! I can’t rely on you all the time. What if I get lost when I’m on my own? We’ll meet up in the evenings. I don’t want to pull you out of your normal routine.” Tzuyu considered.

“Okay Tzu. Get some proper rest hmm? If you need anything, don’t hesitate to contact me otherwise I’ll be upset. I’ll talk to you tomorrow; good night beautiful.” Said Sana, hugging Tzuyu one last time.

“Night love.” Tzuyu whispered, placing a kiss on Sana’s forehead.

Tzuyu opened her room door quietly, not sure if the occupant was asleep or still awake.

“Hello?” Tzuyu called out to no one is specific.

“Oh! HI there! I’m Dahyun. I’m guessing you’re Tzuyu?” The occupant greeted.

Tzuyu nodded shyly.

The two of them conversed for a while, getting to know each other and finding out that they both do the exact same course.

“Oh! It’s nice knowing another person doing the same course. I’ll introduce you to a few other students tomorrow. They’re my friends from school and I’m sure you’ll get along with them.” Dahyun clapped excitedly.

Tzuyu smiled at Dahyun’s enthusiasm which she found quite endearing. Her phone buzzed in her back pocket and she smiled when she saw who it was from.

 

From: Romeo

To: Tzuliet

I know you’re probably talking to your roomie but make sure you get some sleep beautiful! You need to wake up early tomorrow so don’t forget to eat breakfast! Love you <3

 

“Why are you smiling?” Dahyun teased.

“Ah, it’s nothing. Just a message from my girlfriend.” Tzuyu answered, blushing.

“Oh, does she go to this campus too? My girlfriend is here too! High five!” Dahyun squealed.

“Damn, I’m so sorry. You should get some sleep! I’m just a little too excited because I finally have a roommate.” Dahyun apologised.

“No, no! It’s okay. I’m glad you’re my roommate.” Tzuyu replied shyly.

“Thanks Tzuyu! Night!” Dahyun said, letting Tzuyu finally fall asleep.

The next morning wasn’t much of a rush since Tzuyu was use to early mornings. Dahyun wasn’t much of an early bird though. Tzuyu counted three times where the girl almost fell asleep eating breakfast. It made her chuckle.

Her phone buzzed on her dresser and she picked it up, reading the message.

 

From: Romeo

To: Tzuliet

Good luck on your first day! Hope it goes well! I’ll see you later beautiful x

 

From: Tzuliet

To: Romeo

Thanks Love! Can’t wait :P

 

The message made Tzuyu happier; if that was even possible. Dahyun sulked as they walked to class, her eyes only widening a little when she saw her group of friends.

“Hey guys! I want to introduce you to someone! This is my roommate Tzuyu.” Dahyun introduced.

Tzuyu bowed to everyone present as she tried to learn their names: Chaeyoung, Mina and Jihyo.

“Mina here is also an international student from Japan. Tzuyu is from Taiwan.” Dahyun explained.

They got along well, Chaeyoung immediately discussing the latest drama she had been watching in her dorm with Mina.

Tzuyu’s phone buzzed again and she fished it out of her pocket.

 

From: Romeo

To: Tzuliet

I can’t express how happy I am that you chose this university. I can’t believe I’ll see you more often now. Aish. Now I can’t even concentrate as much in class :(

 

From: Tzuliet

To: Romeo

Pabo! Concentrate on your class! I don’t want to be a distraction! And yes, I'm extremely happy that I get to see you more often now too! Now shoo! x

 

When Tzuyu put her phone away, three pairs of eyes were staring at her.

“Why are you smiling so creepily already? It’s only 9am.” Mina questioned.

“W-what do you mean? I-it wasn’t creepy.” Tzuyu stuttered.

“She was probably talking to her girlfriend.” Dahyun commented.

“Your girlfriend? She goes to this university?” Jihyo asked.

“Wait, who is it?” Chaeyoung asked.

“Oh, Sana. Minatozaki Sana.” Tzuyu replied.

The three stared at her for a minute before they cracked up in laughter.

“You’re telling me, the hottest girl on campus is your girlfriend? She already has someone though.” Dahyun asked, tears in her eyes from laughing.

Tzuyu frowned at her comment but before she could respond, their teacher had come in, preventing her from saying anything else. She decided to let it be and concentrate on class instead, not wanting to be even more distracted.

Class finished and they all shuffled out of the room. Before she could leave the room, someone pulled on her hand and turned her around.

“Um – hi. I’m so sorry for being out of the blue. Uh – my name is Yeri. I couldn’t help but admire you from my seat. I just wanted to say that I really like you and uh – could I ask you out for a date?” The girl asked shyly.

“Oh! I’m honestly I’m very flattered but uh – I’m sorry, I already have a girlfriend.” Tzuyu politely declined.

“Oh… that’s okay. Do you mind me asking who it is?” Yeri smiled.

“No, no. Uh, her name is Sana. I’m sorry again.” Tzuyu apologised.

“If you’re dating Sana, then I guess I might as well be dating Seulgi.” Yeri scoffed, walking away and leaving Tzuyu confused.

“I can’t believe you’re already getting requests for dates.” Jihyo said, mouth hanging open.

Tzuyu just shrugged, feeling uncomfortable with the attention. Why did no one believe she was dating Sana.

The next class was only a few doors down and the group piled in, calling dibs on a table at the back. Tzuyu wasn’t exaggerating about the fact that the lesson was going extremely slowly. It’s as if time just decided to be cruel and go super slow. The class was way too boring for her liking. She let out a sigh of relief as they were dismissed from the class, heading towards the cafeteria.

They all grabbed something small, their next class starting shortly after. Tzuyu was enjoying their group conversation when someone tapped her on the back.

“Hi there! My name is Hwasa. I heard you rejected Yeri but I still wanted to ask if you wanted to go out together? Maybe for some coffee?” The girl asked.

“Uh – I’m honestly grateful for the offer but I already have a girlfriend called Sana.” Tzuyu answered, trying to be polite.

The girl scoffed mumbling something along the lines of ‘you wish’.

“You know, if you didn’t like me, you can just say so. You don’t have to make up a horrible lie. As if she would date someone younger.” Hwasa huffed, walking away.

“Girl, can you stop chasing all these girls away with your fake girlfriend?” Said Dahyun.

“But she’s not even fake.” Tzuyu frowned.

“It’s okay Tzuyu. You can tell us the truth.” Jihyo suggested.

Before Tzuyu could reply, her phone buzzed in her pocket, indicating an incoming call. She smiled before she picked it up.

“Good afternoon beautiful. How was class?” Sana asked.

“It was good. Dahyun and I do the same course so it was nice having a familiar face.” Tzuyu replied.

“Well, that’s really good to hear. At least you can concentrate in class.” Sana said.

Tzuyu knew Sana was pouting.

“You should think less about me love. Maybe you’ll be able to concentrate.” Tzuyu teased.

“This isn’t funny Tzu.” Sana whined.

“Why don’t you come meet me then? We’re in the cafeteria and I have class starting soon but if you want you can come.” Tzuyu suggested.

“Hmm; that’s actually a good idea. I’ll be there in a few minutes.” Sana replied excitedly, making Tzuyu chuckle.

“Is your fake girlfriend actually coming?” Dahyun teased.

“Yup. She’ll be here in a few minutes.” Tzuyu replied, making the others laugh.

The cafeteria grew silent in the next few minutes and Tzuyu looked around to see why. All eyes were on the girl who walked in – Sana.

“Oh! Tzu!” Sana squealed, jogging towards Tzuyu earning a smile from her.

She engulfed Tzuyu in a bone crushing hug, not willing to let go.

“You missed me that much hmm?” Tzuyu asked.

“I told you I couldn’t concentrate in class. I’m glad you called me over – I don’t think we should only meet in the evenings. Can we have lunch together too?” Sana suggested.

“Yeah of course love. Just don’t skip a class or anything just for lunch.” Tzuyu teased.

“Yes! Thanks beautiful!” Sana exclaimed, kissing Tzuyu on her cheek.

“Can you tell me why everyone’s staring?” Tzuyu whispered.

“Because they finally know who I’m dating.” Sana replied.

“What do you me – umpf” Sana cut Tzuyu off by crashing her lips on Tzuyu’s.

Everyone in the cafeteria had their mouths hanging open; especially Tzuyu’s new found friends.

“You knew about the girls asking me out didn’t you?” Tzuyu teased as they broke apart.

“W-what girls?” Sana stuttered, making Tzuyu laugh.

“I’m actually glad you came. These friends of mine wouldn’t believe the fact that you were my girlfriend.” Tzuyu glared at the three grinning girls.

“Sorry Tzuyu.” They all apologised.

“Believe me next time yeah?” Tzuyu mocked.

“It’s not easy to believe that the most popular girl on campus was taken by my roommate.” Dahyun whined.

“Well, I guess I can agree on that. I’m lucky enough to have her as mine.” Tzuyu mentioned, kissing Sana’s forehead.

“Psht. I’m the lucky one who has you as mine. I mean, it’s your first day of class and random girls are already asking you out.” Said Sana, clearly annoyed.

“I knew it was the girls!” Tzuyu exclaimed, making Sana blush.

“I h-have to go to c-class.” Sana stuttered, pecking Tzuyu’s cheek and running away, leaving a chuckling Tzuyu behind.

They’d meet up later anyway – Tzuyu could then.


A/N: This might have quite a few mistakes because it was rushed :')

This AU was fun to write about!

Hope you like it xD

Gotta go do some university work TT_TT