Fear Of Losing You

[SEMI-HIATUS] SaTzuration ; a one shot and drabble collection

Tzuyu couldn’t sleep again. She moved around in her bed to find a comfortable spot but she couldn’t find one. She needed air. She got up quietly and left her room, heading towards the kitchen area. She switched on the TV and put it on a low volume so that no one else would wake up. Tzuyu was tired. The nightmares she was having were haunting her and she couldn’t do anything about it. Each night it’s the same nightmare. It never changes and it always leaves her restless. It’s become true and that’s the scary part. When she sees them together, sees her, it breaks her heart every time. She does her best to hide her feelings from the members and no one noticed until recently. Momo found out she’s not doing well and found her crying in her bed one day when everyone was out with their schedules.

Tzuyu entrusted Momo with her frustrations and anger and what’s been bothering her so much. Sana and her use to be so close but she feels like they’re no longer as close. Each time Tzuyu wants to say something to Sana, she thinks twice, she resists. She feels like she’s just a burden to Sana who just kept Tzuyu by her side because she was the youngest one. That’s what her nightmare was about. That Sana no longer cared about her. That she didn’t think of her as a close friend anymore. The truth was that Sana was always with Dahyun these days. There’s no doubt that Sana probably doesn’t even know how Tzuyu feels because she’s never talked to her about it. Only because she’s scared that it will cost them their relationship. Maybe it was the hesitation that made her distant from Sana.

Tzuyu liked Sana. But how was she meant to tell her when they no longer talked. She felt jealous each time Sana was with Dahyun and she felt so angry. That use to be them. She missed her hugs and their talks. All this thinking is just bringing back more pain for Tzuyu. Why does she always think about Sana when it’s clear that she doesn’t. Tzuyu sniffled as the tears threatened to fall thinking about it. She heard a door creak open down the hall and Tzuyu just pretended like she wasn’t just crying. Soft footsteps were nearing and she was glad when it was none other than Momo.

“Chewy why are you awake so late?” Momo asked, walking towards Tzuyu.

“Ah I couldn’t sleep Momo Unnie.” Tzuyu replied.

“It’s the nightmares isn’t it? That’s what’s not letting you sleep. Tzuyu-ah, you need to talk to Sana about this eventually you know that right?” Momo said, engulfing Tzuyu in a much needed hug.

“But how am I supposed to? I’m too scared to Unnie.” Tzuyu replied, feeling the urge to cry her heart out.

“You can do it Chewy. I know you can. It doesn’t have to be soon so just take your time. Now come on, let’s go to bed. You can sleep next to me tonight okay? I promise I’ll be there with you the entire time so you won’t have nightmares. Come on.” Momo suggested, pulling Tzuyu up with her.

Tzuyu really didn’t have any nightmares that night. When she woke up, Momo was already awake and sitting up on the bed. She didn’t leave.

“Oh! Chewy is awake! Let’s go eat breakfast Tzuyu-ah! I’m so hungry” Momo said excitedly.

“Mmmm. I’m not hungry Momo Unnie. You go eat and I’ll come eat when I’m hungry.” Tzuyu replied. She really didn’t have an appetite right now and she didn’t want to see Sana or Dahyun.

“Okay Chewy! But make sure you eat later!” Momo responded, heading to the kitchen.

The members were all gathered in the kitchen, fighting over what to eat.

“Oh! Momo! You’re here. Where’s Chewy?” Jihyo asked.

“Ah, Chewy isn’t hungry. She said she was going to eat later.” Momo responded.

“Aish. That girl. She needs to eat well at least.” Jihyo stated.

“Have you guys realised that Tzuyu is a lot quieter these days? She doesn’t say much and she looks like she hasn’t been sleeping well.” Said Nayeon.

“I realised that too. Is she okay? Momo, is there anything wrong?” Asked Jungyeon.

“No, she’s fine. She just hasn’t been able to sleep well. That’s why she was sleeping in my bed last night.” Said Momo

Her comment seemed to garner Sana’s attention whose head whipped up at Momo’s response.

How had she not realised Tzuyu wasn’t as happy and cheerful as usual when everyone else noticed? How could she have been such a bad friend? But the truth was that she rarely saw her. Was she purposely hiding away from everyone? She’s been spending so much time with Dahyun that she didn’t worry about Tzuyu. She felt so ashamed.

The members all finished their breakfast and headed out to their scheduled tasks. Sana and Momo were the only ones at home alongside Tzuyu who still hadn’t left her room to eat breakfast.

Momo went up to check on Tzuyu and found that she was crawled into a ball on her bed.

“Chewy, wake up. You need to eat something. You haven’t had anything to eat since the morning.” Momo whispered, trying to wake her up from her sleep.

“Huh? Oh Unnie. I’m still not hungry. Where is everyone?” Tzuyu asked sleepily.

“Everyone went to their schedules but Sana is still home. And you have to eat. You’re going to fall sick this way. I’m going to get something from the kitchen.” Momo replied, scolding Tzuyu.

Momo found Sana pacing in the kitchen mumbling.

“Should I go see her? What if she doesn’t want to see me? I’ve been so blind and haven’t realised anything. Am I even worthy of being her friend?” Momo heard Sana say.

“You should go see her. She needs you more than ever but she’s too scared to tell you.” Momo said, scaring Sana in the process. “I’m going to make some food for her and you can take that up to her and make sure that she eats it.”

Sana simply nodded in return. What did Momo mean by the fact the Tzuyu needed her more than ever? She was curious.

Momo made the food quickly and passed it on to Sana.

“I’ll tell you this. She’s been having a really difficult time and she needed someone there for her. She wanted you to be there for her but you weren’t. Go talk to her. I’m going out to do some things for my schedule so it’ll just be you two.” Momo added.

Sana was teary knowing this. Could she really face Tzuyu?

With trembling hands, she opened her door and almost gasped at the sight before her. Tzuyu looked so weak and small on the giant bed in the room. She headed over to Tzuyu and realised she was sleeping. Should she wake her up?

Don’t go… don’t leave me. Please.” Sana heard Tzuyu mumble.

What was she talking about? She realised that Tzuyu must be having a nightmare. She put the tray of food on the bedside table and sat next to her on the bed. Tzuyu was crying.

Sana… don’t leave me…” Tzuyu mumbled again.

This is what Momo meant by the fact that Tzuyu needed me.

Sana brushed the hair off Tzuyu’s sweating forehead and tried to wake her up.

Sana… don’t leave me…” Tzuyu mumbled once again.

“I’m not going anywhere Tzuyu. I’m right here. Wake up will you? It’s just a nightmare.” Sana said slowly, grasping the younger’s hand in her own.

“Huh? Sana Unnie?” Said Tzuyu groggily, before sitting up quickly in shock. “What are you doing here Unnie… where’s Momo Unnie?”

“Just sit down Tzuyu. You haven’t eaten anything. And Momo went to do something for her schedule.”

Tzuyu simply nodded in response.

Sana fed Tzuyu the food carefully, making sure it wasn’t too hot as she ate each bite.

“Why didn’t you come talk to me Tzuyu?” Sana finally asked.

Tzuyu was shocked and seemed angry at the question to Sana’s dismay.

“I tried. I really did. But you’ve been spending so much time with Dahyun that I eventually stopped trying.”

The words were really true and Sana felt so stupid and angry with herself.

“I’m so sorry Yoda. I –” Sana started before she broke down in tears before gathering herself up again. “What’s wrong Tzuyu? Talk to me.”

Sana saw the hesitation in Tzuyu’s eyes but she started talking.

“I’ve just been having a hard time. I’ve been having bad nightmares and I haven’t been able to sleep at night. It’s the same one every single night.” Tzuyu said quietly.

“And these nightmares… what are they about?” Sana questioned.

Sana once again saw hesitation in her eyes.

“Uh… um… it was…” Tzuyu tried to speak.

“If you don’t want to tell me it’s okay Yoda.” Sana said sadly.

“No… No… I’ll tell you. It’s just not something I’ve spoken about. Well it was basically… I told you that I like you and you just laughed at me and told me that you like Dahyun and that you don’t want me in your life anymore and that I wasn’t worth it.” Tzuyu eventually rushed out.

Sana was shocked. This girl was having nightmares about her and must’ve thought they were true because she was hanging out with Dahyun so much. No wonder she’s been avoiding her.

“You like me?” Sana asked.

“Uh um...” Tzuyu could only say.

She ran towards the door but Sana got there before her and blocked her way out. She locked the door and Tzuyu gulped. Sana cornered Tzuyu and trapped her in between her hands. Tzuyu just looked at the floor and played with her fingers. Sana put a finger under her chin and brought her face up so that she was looking at Tzuyu.

“Tzuyu, I’m really sorry for everything. I can’t believe I hurt you.” Started Sana. Tzuyu looked like she was going to say something but Sana just put a finger to her lips.

“Let me finish first. I’m sorry for being such a bad friend. I’m so sorry for not realising something was wrong. I’m so sorry for being the cause of your pain and I’m so sorry that I didn’t realise you liked me which I should’ve known because I like you too.” Sana said. “I hope you forgive – umph”

Before Sana could finish her sentence, Tzuyu’s soft lips were pressed against hers. Sana kissed back immediately. She broke off the kiss and let their foreheads touch.

"I really like you my Yoda. I'm really sorry for everything." Sana whispered, getting teary again.

"I really like you too my Squirrel. It's okay Sana-ya. I forgive you." Tzuyu replied, hugging the smaller girl.

Momo held in a laugh as she heard their conversation. About damn time.