Chap7: Guilt Driven Niceness

Fixing My Broken Mate

Jinyoung’s POV

 

Hmmmm… I felt so comfortable. My bed wasn’t as comfy as this the previous nights, wonder what made the difference?

 

Feeling all the warmth and the addicting scent, I wanted to know where it came from so I slowly peeled my eyes open. That’s when I noticed my pillow was breathing and my blanket was caressing my back. I blinked a few more times before it dawned on me that I was cuddled not on my bed but someone’s chest.

 

Oh my god, I slept with someone!

 

“Hey, are you awake?” My pillow or better yet the person I’ve been using as a pillow suddenly spoke. I didn’t have to bat an eye to know who it was. His voice, his touch, his very presence is enough for me to know it was him even from meters away.

 

The hand that was rubbing my back traveled up and started to pet my hair, pulling it lightly in a relaxing manner. “I know you’re awake Jinyoungie, your body is tense,” Mark noted.

 

“G-good morning,” I greeted embarrassedly, my body betraying me and started to melt under his touch.

 

“Good morning, did you sleep well? I was worried you’d have another nightmare. Thankfully you haven’t.” Oh right, the nightmare. Now I remember how I ended up here with him. Wait a- Ohmygosh I literally asked him to sleep with me last night! Oh no, oh this is embarrassing!

 

“S-sorry, I inconvenienced you again,” I apologized, feeling guilty that I have to drag him down with my problem. To my utter surprise, he suddenly shifted so my head fell from his chest and pillowed his arms instead. We were facing each other and his left hand found rest on my waist while the other was still buried in my hair.

 

“Don’t apologize Jinyoung-ah, you’ve done nothing wrong. And I wasn’t inconvenienced so don’t think that way, okay?” He said softly.

 

Every brain cell in me screamed to push him away, that I shouldn’t let him or anyone be this close to me. However, there’s something in this guy that makes my resistance so weak. His kindness and concern towards me only made me guilty coz despite his actions all I did was ignore him and push him away. I thought the wall I built for two years was enough to isolate myself from everyone else but how come it’s slowly crumbling down because of this guy. Should I let him pass through my defense?

 

My thoughts and our warm cuddle were however interrupted when someone squeaked from the door.

 

“Oh gosh sorry! I promise I didn’t see anything!” someone croaked rushly. Mark groaned frustratedly and turned to lie on his back giving me a view of the person by the door.

 

The guy was very… skinny and he was covering his flushed face with both of his hands. He stood there frozen.

 

“Damn it Bam, can’t you knock?!” Mark annoyingly asked. Due to my embarrassment of being caught in such a situation decided to bury my equally flushed face on Mark’s pillow. Damn, it smells so good.

 

“But all your doors are open! I just came to see if you have finished the report, I need it,” the guy Mark called Bam replied.

 

“ the report! I haven’t finished it last night!” Mark stated before he scrambled out of the bed. The warmth that surrounded me was gone and I frowned at it. I felt him pull the blanket to my shoulders. “Stay here and sleep some more Jinyoung-ah, I’d just be in my office,” he said before he hurriedly went out of his room.

 

Report? Oh god, I must have made him abandon something important last night in favor of accompanying me to sleep. Oh , I feel so terrible now.

 

Since my guilt won’t allow me to go back to sleep, I decided to get up freshen myself in my room. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, and changed to more comfortable clothes for the day. I just got out of the room to head to the kitchen when I heard a thud in Luke’s room. Curious about what was it, I opened his door and took a peek. I found the baby on the floor beside his cute little bed.

 

“Oh my gosh baby, did you fall out of your bed?” I said as I walked over to him and picked him up.

 

“Daddy!” the kid delightedly squealed while extending his grabby hands for me. I picked him up from the floor and to my arms.

 

“You know what, I still don’t get it why you insist on calling me daddy,” I told him as I playfully bite his fingers making him giggle. “Just don’t let your daddy Mark hear you, okay? The last time he heard you call me daddy he looks like he’s ready to drop on the floor. Don’t want to give your daddy a heart attack again, do you?” And the kid just continued to giggle at me, flashing me a toothy smile.

 

“Daddy? Where?” the kid asked.

 

“Daddy is busy baby, do you mind if I accompany you for a while? It was my fault that your daddy didn’t finish his report anyway. So, care to spend breakfast with me?” I asked though I was already in the process of closing his door and heading to the kitchen.

 

“Food!” he gleefully screamed.

 

I put Luke down on his baby chair while I started preparing his food and mine. Mark has this note posted on the fridge on how to make Luke’s food and also a list of his favorites. For the past days, this has been my reference in making his food coz there are times the kid doesn’t want to detach himself from me unless I feed him myself which left me no choice but to learn to make his favorites.

 

As I sip my coffee my mind drifted to Mark. He hasn’t eaten nor had anything to drink yet. He started to work the soonest he got out of bed. Being guilty of his current predicament, I found myself opening the fridge and picking up things to make a sandwich. I also brewed some coffee for him. This is the least I could do for the trouble and burden I caused him.

 

“Baby are you done? Let’s go give this to your daddy.” I cleaned up Luke’s utensils and wiped his face with food. I put away our dirty plates and placed Mark’s breakfast on a small tray. I carried Luke in my left arm and I carried the tray in the other. “Careful not to knock daddy’s food, okay?” I told Luke and he happily nodded.

 

I made my way back to the second floor. I took a deep breath before gently pushing Mark’s office door open with my foot. I found him typing on his laptop, immersed.

 

“Hi guys, what can I do for you two?” He asked without even looking at us. I frowned.

 

“Hi, uhm, we came to give you this,” I said then proceeded to put the tray on his table. “We figured you must be hungry so…” I trailed off. He finally tore his attention away from his laptop and looked at us.

 

“We?” he asked, raising a brow and face definitely amused.

 

“Y-yeah, me and Luke,” I stammered. Then I blushed when I realized why he’s so amused. I just used Luke as a reason to make him breakfast. How stupid could I be? Damn it.

 

“Yep, you and Luke, right,” he grumbled still definitely enjoying my flushed state.

 

“I uh, we’ll be going now,” I hurriedly said, turning my back and walking away.

 

“Jinyoungie!” Mark called. I turned to look at him.

 

“Thanks for the breakfast and for taking care of Luke when I can’t,” he said, smiling.

 

I simply nodded and willed myself not to swoon with how handsome he looks when he smiles.

 

“Bye,” I softly muttered.

 

“Bye-bye daddy!” Luke called over my shoulder as he waved to his daddy.

 

“Bye baby, you too baby boy.” Mark said just as I close the door. It was only when I took my first step down the stairs when I completely froze and realized what he had said.

 

He called me baby.

 

-oOo-

 

Mark’s POV

 

I just love this day! How can I not? I slept and woke up beside my mate and even though I have to leave his side to finish that damn report I felt so happy when he walked in with my son and brought me breakfast. It was so thoughtful of him. And the view of him getting along with Luke still makes my heart swell in happiness.

 

That bye baby was a slip of a tongue. I was frozen as soon as the door closed. I kept cursing to myself for letting the word out of my damn mouth. I hope he didn’t hear it. Yes, there’s a chance he didn’t, I sure hope he didn’t.

 

By lunchtime I was already done through all the papers, I need to sign and look over. I also called Bambam and told him not to tell anyone about what he saw this morning but damn, the boy has already gossiped it to his boyfriend, and that loudmouth Jackson must have told the rest of our friends by now. They won’t let me live this down, I’m sure of it.

 

After having a late lunch I found Luke and Jinyoung in their usual place in my living room. As usual Luke was on Jinyoung’s lap while the latter typed in his laptop.

 

“Daddy!” Luke squealed when he saw me. Jinyoung snapped his head up too but quickly turned in back to his work. Wait, is he blushing?

 

I sat on the sofa behind Jinyoung and Luke came to me so I picked him up.

 

“I’m planning to bring Luke to the lake up the mountains south of here, do you want to come with us Jinyoung-ah? No one is in there and the place is peaceful, ideal for you to work with your stories,” I told him. To be honest I want to leave the pack house coz my friends would definitely ambush me and tease me about this morning’s incident. I want to get away from them and of course, I want to spend more time with Jinyoung.

 

“I don’t know, c-can’t I stay here?” he asked hesitantly.

 

“You can of course. But let me tell you that Bam might have told my friends about the compromising view he saw this morning and I want to flee for the rest of the afternoon. It’s either you flee with me or you face them alone when they get here,” I honestly told him and he visibly tensed up. I have to smile when he hurriedly closed his laptop and stood up.

 

“L-let me just change my clothes.” Then he stormed to his room.

 

“Yey lakey!” Luke cheered.

 

Only a few minutes later, Jinyoung and Luke were all settled in inside my car. I brought a blanket and few snacks for us. And my hunch was right, a few meters away from the pack house we passed by our friends who were heading towards the house. Thank god we left before they dropped by.

 

*Hey Alpha where are you going? We want to hang out!* Jaebum said through the pack link.

 

*Stop the car! We’ll go with you!* Jackson whined but I never slowed down.

 

*We’re going to the lake and don’t follow us! I swear I’d cut your balls if I caught any of you eavesdropping!* I told them.

 

*No fun hyung! We wanna join you!* Yugyeom whined.

 

*We’ll be back later, take care of the pack while I’m gone* I dismissed them then closed my pack link.

 

The drive to the lake was quiet, well at least for me. Luke and Jinyoung kept talking and giggling beside me. Luke has been pointing at things that we passed by and Jinyoung entertained everything, even the gibberish things that Luke said. I let them be and contented myself listening to their laughs and giggles. It was music to my ears.

 

I stopped the car and told Jinyoung that we have to walk from there. The lake is further into the forest, almost borderline of my territory. I sent a message to my warriors patrolling the area through the pack link to let them know that we are there and that no one should disturb us.

 

The three of us walked, or just the two of us since Luke was being carried by Jinyoung. Arriving at our destination, I watched as Jinyoung’s face lighted up and he smiled so brightly it melts my heart.

 

“Wow, it’s so beautiful here! This is amazing,” he beamed. Luke got off of Jinyoung and ran to a bunch of flowers screaming ‘pretty.’

 

“I’m glad you like it here. Come, let me set this blanket under that tree so you can work,” I told him and I led him towards the big shady tree. I placed the blanket on top of the soft grass and our snacks on top of it. “Go ahead and do as you please Jinyoung-ah, feel free to open the food containers when you’re hungry. I will go make sure Luke doesn’t dive head first on the lake,” I said then hurriedly walked away coz I saw my baby boy near the lake.

 

For a while, Luke and I played while Jinyoung worked. I caught him once staring at me and Luke playing with a smile on his face. He immediately pretended to continue working when he realized I was looking at him. So cute. Moments later Luke got tired so I decided to retreat beside Jinyoung for a snack.

 

When I put Luke down he instantly crawled to Jinyoung’s lap. The latter put his laptop down to accommodate the toddler. Luke happily blabbered about the things we have been playing and I watched as Jinyoung’s eyes disappeared and turned into crescents when he smiled down at my child.

 

Halfway through our snack time, Luke fell asleep so I took the small pillow I kept in my car for him and laid him down on the blanket.

 

“Shouldn’t we go home so he can sleep comfortably?” Jinyoung asked.

 

“It’s fine, he’ll throw a tantrum if we wake him up as we carry him back,” I replied while gently running my hand on my son’s hair. He looks so peaceful.

 

Sometime later I saw Jinyoung moved forward to reach his bag. I didn’t know what has gotten into me or where the courage came from but I stood up and settled myself of the gap between Jinyoung and the tree he has been leaning into. I sat behind him with my legs stretched on either side of his. He squeaked when his back met my chest instead of the tree.

 

“Stay, please,” I whispered when he tried to get away from me, my hands were on his shoulders.

 

“W-what are you doing?” he asked, surprised.

 

“I’m sorry Jinyoung-ah but I just can’t stop myself anymore. I can’t deny the attraction and the overwhelming emotions I have been bottling in. Just let me hold you please,” I pleaded, still holding his shoulders in case he attempts to get up.

 

He grew quiet but his body remained stiff. “B-but why? A-and why do I feel this way? I’m… I’m so confused,” he said, he brought his left hand up and massaged his temple.

 

“Confused on what Jinyoung-ah?”

 

“You,” he quickly replied. “Why can’t I push you away like what I do to everyone else? Why do I let you hold me like this when I even despise other people’s mere presence? Why do I crave for your warmth and why the hell do I feel safe in your arms when my very being brings nothing but disaster?!” he cried out. I wanted to comfort him and that’s what I did. I maneuvered him so that he was sitting sideways to me. I let my arms encase him and pull him back to my chest. He didn’t resist, he let his body lean on me and his head on my shoulder.

 

“I’m sorry if I overwhelm you Jinyoung-ah. I can’t explain it either.” Not yet. I can’t tell you yet Jinyoung-ah, you’re not ready for the truth.

 

I let him cry to his heart’s content. He must feel frustrated with all the unexplainable things happening to him being my mate. My other hand started to caress his hair as he cried and wet my shirt. Thankfully Luke didn’t wake up or else I’ll have trouble explaining why Jinyoung was crying.

 

“Does this mean you like me too Jinyoung-ah?” I asked when he had calmed down.

 

His body tensed up and he tried to get off of me. “But I can’t,” he objected. I instantly held his body firm by wrapping my arms around his torso.

 

“Calm down and tell me why you can’t Jinyoung-ah,” I told him.

 

“You don’t understand Mark, you can’t like me, stop liking me! I’m doing this for you and for Luke. I don’t want you to waste your time and love for someone who will only cause death to you!” He revealed while prying my hands away.

 

“Stop it Jinyoung-ah! Stop and listen to me!” I pinned his hands with mine. “I don’t care if I die because of you. I’d rather die with you beside me than die with the thought of you walking away and rejecting me. Please Jinyoung-ah, I waited so long for you and now that you’re here with me I intend to make you stay. I’m not kidding Jinyoung-ah, I will die if you leave me,” I confessed. Damn it, if only I could tell him everything without omitting things about me being a werewolf.

 

“You don’t know what you’re saying Mark! I can’t… we can’t… this has to sto-”

 

I didn’t let him finish whatever he was supposed to say. I tilted his head towards mine and captured his trembling lips with my steady ones. I have fantasized about kissing him countless times before but this was nothing compared to those. His lips were plump and soft, it tasted so good. He was unresponsive at first but I held the back of his head, caressing it to encourage him to kiss me back and to prevent him from pulling away. Indeed, moments later he started to kiss me back, and oh boy I felt so ing delirious.

 

Once we pulled away to breathe, my eyes stayed glued on his. “Stop resisting and pushing me away Jinyoung-ah. I love you and it hurts me when you do that.”

 

“How can you say you love me when we only met for few months ago? You barely know me,” he asked, his eyes searching mine.

 

“If there is something called love at first sight then why can’t I fall for someone whom I met in a matter of months?” I argued back. “You just don’t know how fast I fell when I saw you Jinyoung-ah. You have no idea. Give me a chance to prove to you that you don’t bring harm to anyone. Let me prove you that you will complete my life and not destroy it.”

 

Jinyoung lowered his head and lean it on my shoulder. He didn’t say a word but he stopped forcing himself to getaway. I’m a patient man so I waited for him to say something, anything. It was only when Luke started to stir awake that Jinyoung finally spoke.

 

 

“Just don’t say I didn’t warn you.”