Chap6: Nightmares

Fixing My Broken Mate

Mark's (Soon to be MarkJin's) Bedroom

 

 

 

Mark’s POV

 

Turned out Jinyoung spent more time with Luke like the first day he stayed with me. My baby just refused to not see Jinyoung for more than an hour and I must admit I’m pretty jealous. Jealous that my son chose Jinyoung over me and jealous that my mate spent more time with Luke. But I’m not complaining. At least Jinyoung’s getting comfortable with my son.

 

Actually, he’s getting more comfortable with me too. We’ve been exchanging small conversations rather than having awkward silence. I hope he was letting me inside his walls coz I really would love to get to know him better.

 

On the third day of Jinyoung’s stay in the pack house, as usual, Luke was with him. Jinyoung was sitting on the carpeted floor of my living room, his laptop on the coffee table and Luke was happily playing on his lap as he typed and work. I was in my office and I purposely didn’t shut my door so I could see what the two of them were doing outside. My heart flipped every time I saw Jinyoung leaning down and pretend to bite Luke’s finger or rub their noses together. I love the way the crinkles around his eyes showed when he gave those breathtaking smiles to Luke.

 

And would it be a crime if I say I got hard just by staring at him? God, I was sporting a in the middle of doing my reports. Ok fine, I admit, I was definitely not doing my reports like I was supposed to. I was being a creep and ignoring anything else just so I could stare at my mate.

 

*Hey Alpha, you’re drooling* Jackson suddenly spoke from our link just as I saw him, Jaebum, Bambam, and Yugyeom passing by the living room to my office.

 

*Shut it, Wang!* I growled.

 

“Hi Jinyoung,” Jaebum greeted my mate as they passed in front of him. “Hi there little guy, I see you really like Jinyoung.” Luke giggled but Jinyoung didn’t even spare them a glance. He just nodded to acknowledge their greetings.

 

Jackson was making faces as he walked in front of them while Bambam and Yugyeom were trying to take in my mate’s appearance. It’s their first time seeing him up close.

 

“Close the damn door, will you,” I told them as they entered my office one by one.

 

“Why? Done eye him?” Jackson quirked his head on my living room, pointing at Jinyoung. “And put away your wolf junior Alpha, geez I can seriously smell your arousal from afar,” my stupid friend continued to tease.

 

“Shut up Jacks, I just can’t help it. And you’re the one to talk, as if you don’t get boners just by staring at Bam,” I pointed out, making Jackson smirk and Bambam blush.

 

“So that’s Jinyoung hyung. Wow, he’s definitely handsome!” Yugyeom said, it’s his first time seeing Jinyoung coz he has been busy attending some company meetings for me.

 

“He is,” I agreed, “Why are you here? Anything wrong or do you need something?” I asked them suspiciously. Knowing these guys they’re probably either up to something or wanted something.

 

“Can’t we just want to hang out with you? Actually we’re only checking on you, see if you’re still sane,” Jaebum remarked teasingly. They perfectly knew what a mate makes you feel and given my condition that I couldn’t even touch him I admit I was close to losing my mind.

 

I sighed. “I’m getting insane as a matter of fact, I want to hold him so bad,” I whined while running my hands on my hair, feeling frustrated. “He’s killing me!”

 

“By giving you constant boners? Yeah, seems like it.” I was Jackson again. This time I wasn’t able to stop myself and threw my pen at him.

 

“Oh my god, you could have hit my eye!” he wailed.

 

I scoffed at him and focused on my two assistants. “Bam, how’s the pack doing? Any more breaches from rogues?”

 

“None as of the moment Alpha, I say the rogues from few days ago probably just wandered a bit too far and ended up in our territory. No breaches since then,” he reported, he moved to sit from the couch to Jackson’s lap.

 

“And our business?” I asked.

 

“Everything under control, Alpha. Sales are good, so is the shipping and delivering of orders. Nothing to worry about,” Yugyeom confidently, and proudly related.

 

“Great, you two never fail your work. Thanks guys,” I complimented the two maknaes and they broke into toothy grins. “And you two,” I said, referring to Jaebum and Jackson. “Have you finished what I asked you two?”

 

“Of course Alpha, we have rounded out everyone else and told them not to shift inside or near the pack house. We also old them to be cautious with their words when our Luna is around,” Jaebum replied. I wanted to wipe that stupid grin on his face when he called Jinyoung Luna.

 

“You know he’s a guy, right? He’s no Luna,” I told him.

 

“But he’s too beautiful and nurturing to the kids. We can’t help but call him Luna instead.” Well, I admit Jackson indeed has a point, Jinyoung does look too beautiful.

 

“Whatever, just make sure not to call him that when you talk to him. He might not like being referred to as a girl. I still prefer you call him Alpha,” I told them.

 

“Or we can call him daddy,” Jackson suddenly blurted and for the second time, I threw another pen at him. Bambam dodged just in time so Jackson got hit square on the forehead.

 

“Why did you dodge?” Jackson protested. “Some boyfriend you are,” he feigned anger and the rest of us laughed for his dejected face as he rubbed his forehead.

 

“That was intended for you babe, you deserve it,” Bambam countered with a laugh but still kissed his mate's oo.

 

“Oh gosh, you guys are so sappy!” Yugyeom complained throwing a pillow at them. This time Jackson caught it.

 

“You’re just jealous,” he replied.

 

“You’re being gross.”

 

And that’s how I spent my whole afternoon, bickering with my friends and report completely forgotten.

 

It was already late at night and I was still up, doing the report I should have done earlier but didn’t coz I got distracted by my mate. Luke’s already sound asleep and so was Jinyoung. The house was filled with silence as I sat there in my office.

 

It was past midnight when I first felt that unsettling feeling again. It’s something I feel when my loved ones are troubled or in danger though this time I couldn’t fathom who among them was having difficulty. I ignored the feeling, hoping it will die down eventually. But not even ten minutes after I heard a whimper. I stopped writing and focused on trying to figure out where it’s coming from.

 

“D-don’t…” a soft voice said, almost inaudible but given my werewolf senses it was still clearly ringing in my ear.

 

“Lily… n-no…”

 

Hearing the name Lily, I bolted from my chair and went straight to Jinyoung’s room. I turned the lamp on and was greeted by Jinyoung’s figure, he was curled in a ball, the sheets and sweating hard as he pants broken words and names in his sleep.

 

“No… s-stop… don’t leave me,” he sobbed. It pained me to see him this way, so broken and hurting.

 

I sat beside him on the bed and run my hand on his sweaty hair trying to soothe him but it was no use, he kept on whimpering and clutching the blankets.

 

“Jinyoung,” I called as I gently shook him. “Jinyoung, baby wake up.” Instead of waking up, Jinyoung started to thrash around and cry. I was starting to panic and I was getting desperate to wake him up. I was about to shook him once more but he suddenly sat up, chest heaving and sobbing.

 

For a moment he tried to even out his breathing. He buried his sweat-soaked locks in his hands and cried bitterly. I wanted so bad to gather him in my arms and comfort him but I stopped myself. He might react negatively if I do so. A few seconds later he froze and at that moment I knew he had realized he wasn’t alone in the room. I was about to speak something when he cursed and covered his mouth with his hand and made a dash on the adjoining bathroom.

 

“Jinyoung wait!” I thought he was going to lock himself away from me and be mad at me for intruding his room but sooner I found out that he was just gonna throw up, I guess his nightmares did that to him.

 

I followed him in the bathroom where he immediately got on the sink and released the contents of his stomach. I tentatively stood behind him and rub his back. Thankfully he didn’t push me away. When he was done his knees shook badly I had no choice but to wrap my arm on his waist to keep him up and oh god he’s so warm and I could feel the muscles on his stomach flex as he moved. This time he protested and tried to pry my hands away.

 

“Shhh, it’s okay, I’m just keeping you from falling. Calm down Jinyoung, that’s it, relax for me,” I cooed and I felt relieved when he did as I told him. “Wash up and rinse your mouth so we get you back to bed.”

 

All the while he washed up I was supporting his body by the sink. I ignored the warmth radiating from his back that was pressed closely in my front. I willed myself to push the thought of pinning him down and mark him that instant despite the undeniable urge to claim him. He wasn’t ready for that and I didn’t want to scare him.

 

When he was done I walked us out of the bathroom, one of his arms was over my shoulder so I could help support his weight. Instead of bringing him back to his bed, I continued to walk till we were out of his room.

 

“W-wait! Stop! W-where are you taking me?” he panicked and tried to turn around only to bump my chest. He almost lost his balance but I held his waist to steady him. He, of course, tried to squirm away.

 

“Jinyoung, stop squirming. Relax, okay? I’m putting you on my bed so I can make sure you’ll be fine for the rest of the night. I won’t be sleeping as I need to finish some report and I’d be in my office. And don’t think of arguing Jinyoung-ah, I would feel more at ease when you’re within my sight,” I told him, my voice was thick with concern and I was still trying to hold him still.

 

“Why would you do that?” he asked, looking at my eyes with his tired and confused ones.

 

You’re my mate that’s why. I wanted to say that but decided it’s not the right time to say it yet. 

 

“I’m worried and I care about you more than you know it. So please, just let me take care of you,” I said instead.

 

“Why?” he asked again.

 

“Why what?”

 

“Why do you care for me? You hardly know me, I keep pushing you away and I ignore you most of the time. So why do you still care so much?” he asked, more clearly now. I could sense the hesitation and confusion in his voice. I wanted to spill the truth but he wasn’t ready for it so instead of answering him I simply turned him around and resumed walking us towards my room.

 

“For now, let’s just get you to sleep, okay? We’ll talk tomorrow,” I told him. Yes, we definitely need to talk.

 

I flicked the lights on my room and proceeded to help him under my covers. He was hesitant and I could say he was being shy as he obediently lied down and get comfortable on my pillows. , the view of him snuggling on my pillows in my bed got me hardening down south again. Maybe Jackson was right. I might die due to the constant boners.

 

I sighed deeply then took a seat beside him on the bed. “My room is adjacent to my office, just over there,” I said, pointing out to the open door left side of the bed. “I’ll keep the door to my office open so I can come help you when you’re having a nightmare again, okay? Now close your eyes and rest.” I gently tucked him under the blankets before finally standing up. I wanted to flee so bad before he could notice the bulge in my crotch. However, it only took me two steps before his sweet voice called out my name.

 

“Mark…” he said, voice so soft it was almost a whisper. “C-can you please stay? I don’t want to be alone.”

 

.

 

I should be rejoicing right? He wanted to be with me, I should be ing happy coz I’m dying to hold him. But this was definitely not a good idea because first, he might notice me hardening, and second I might not be able to control my wolf and jump at him.

 

But damn he looked so vulnerable and I wanted to make him feel safe with me. After weighing my options and after seeing the look of disappointment in his eyes when it took me longer to answer, I began to unbuckle my belt and slip my jeans off. Thankfully my shirt was big enough to hide my bulge. I wanted to take my shirt off too as I usually sleep or with only my boxers on but I think he won’t be comfortable with that.

 

“Scoot over,” I told him as I lift the blanket so I could get under them. He obliged but he moved too far he could have fallen off. After I settled myself comfortably I took a deep breath before deciding to push my luck. I turned to my side, facing him, and reached for him. His eyes went wide as I lift his head and place it on my arm for him to sleep on then I pulled him closer to me.

 

“Relax Jinyoungie, just let me hold you.” I told him when I felt him tense up and froze. It took him a few minutes before finally melt into my warmth and cuddled my chest. God, I felt like in heaven. “Close your eyes and sleep. I promise I won’t leave you.”

 

I fell asleep moments after he did.