Chap1: My Wolf Screams Mate!

Fixing My Broken Mate

Helloo again my beautiful readers! Welcome to my new story! :)  promise I’ll try to update as much as I can and to make fewer mistakes as possible, hehe. I won’t ask for your votes but I would appreciate it if you’ll leave a comment. It’ll boost up my inspiration ;)

 

The picture above is Mark’s baby, Luke (pic not mine, I just got it from google, hehe)

 

-oOo-

 

Mark's POV

 

I used to ask the Moon Goddess, why was I alone? Where are you? Was I meant to be on my own?

 

Years have gone by so fast and I was still alone. I was losing hope of finding you.

 

They say, what's meant for you will always arrive on time. And like those from fairytale books, you suddenly appeared. My world slowed down, my heart was beating fast.

 

You came to me like a bright light at the end of the tunnel. You gave me hope that I'd finally feel complete and have my happy ever after. You were in my reach, and I was expecting paradise waiting beyond the endless darkness.

 

Finally!

 

But like those stories, nothing came easy, because at the end of the tunnel I was welcomed by a storm.

 

You were inside your own bubble, so broken and devastated. Your anger to yourself, the raging memories of your past that surrounds you blows everyone else away that wanted to get near you.

 

But not me.

 

-oOo-

 

It was another morning, another day of being alone. But despite the lacking feeling inside, I was grateful that my friends were always there to cheer me up.

 

"Dude you look dreadful!" Jackson welcomed me. I scoffed and took a seat on the only chair available among the lovebirds.

 

"Thanks for reminding me Jacks. How nice of you." Jackson chuckled, dramatically raised his hands in the air in mock surrender.

 

"Having trouble sleeping again, Alpha?" Jaebum, my Beta, asked. He was with his mate, Youngjae.

 

At that same moment, Bambam emerged from the front door, holding a tray of food that he carefully set on the table.

 

I took the coffee Bambam offered. "Sleep is no problem. Looking for time to sleep is. Those reports from the company as well as from the pack are keeping me up late," I told them.

 

My friends and I often hang out and have some relaxing time eating and chatting at Bambam's house. Bambam is mated with my Delta, Jackson. We always stay on the front deck of their house since it was near the pack house and directly in front of the pack clinic so we could still see what was going on around. It was a convenient place since Youngjae also happens to be the assistant of our pack doctor too.

 

Being with my friends made me happy but I couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy. I was Jealous of Jackson and Jaebum coz they have found their mates. They were younger than me and I am their Alpha but here I am, lonely as hell.

 

I've been looking for my mate since I turned eighteen with no such luck. I have traveled to other places and meet other packs but I always went home with a long face and a broken heart. When my dad stepped down as Alpha and passed the duties to me I also gave up looking.

 

So here I am, hoping that one day my mate would eventually appear in front of me.

 

"I thought Yugyeom's helping you with the business?" Jaebum asked. Yugyeom is Bambam's best friend and both of them are my secretaries in the construction and supplies company that the pack owns. "And this skinny young man too." Jaebum pointed at Bambam.

 

Bambam protested. "Hey! I do my job well! And I'm not skinny!"

 

"They're a big help actually, but end of the year reports needs to be reviewed and signed by me. It ," I complained. They all laughed at me. "Some friends you are!" I feigned anger and playfully threw a table napkin to the two couples.

 

I am indeed the Alpha of the pack, people often expect Alphas to be ruthless, strict, and brutal. Well, not all, especially not me. I was pretty much a neighbor and a friend to them but I could be strict and brutal when I need to be.

 

"How about your daddy duties? And where is that little cutie of yours? I haven't seen him around," Jackson asked. He was referring to my son.

 

Yes, you heard it right, my son. Not biological though. I rescued Lucas or Luke, as everyone called him, from hungry rogues when he was about a few months old. I found him in a box, wrapped in a blanket and surrounded by snarling rogues near our borders.

 

For months we tried to locate his parents but we failed so I decided to adopt him. Now he's a blabbering, hyperactive one-and-a-half-year-old.

 

"Mom and Dad took him last Friday to spend the first weekend of the year with Tammy's kids. They'll be home later," I replied. The thought of him made me miss him more.

 

"By the way, I heard Dr. Park left the pack land early this morning. He got disconnected from the pack link as well. Do you have any idea why Youngjae-ah?" I asked the said guy as I remember hearing the news this morning.

 

Youngjae pondered as he sipped his coffee. "I'm not sure hyung but recently Haejin hyung has been worried about his nephew living two cities away from here. I don't know why they're worried but it seems like his nephew is having some trouble as of the moment," Youngjae explained.

 

I didn't know Haejin hyung still has a relative left. "I see. But still he should have told me first before they left. I think I need to talk to him when they get back," I said.

 

"Yeah I think you – oh I think they're here!" Youngjae squealed then he bolted up and ran towards the approaching car. The rest of us stood as well and wave to Haejin hyung's five-year-old son, Joshua, as he emerged from the backseat with his mom.

 

As Haejin hyung slipped out of the driver's seat, another black hair appeared on the passenger's seat.

 

Suddenly the air was filled with... strawberries and coffee? A weird combination but it smelled like heaven to me. Then a guy in a plaid shirt and ripped jeans stepped out of the car. My inner wolf growled in happiness.

 

"Mate!"

 

I muttered but of course, everyone else from the pack heard it through our pack link. All heads snapped at me except for my mate. It's like time stopped and everyone froze that moment, my friends' jaws were slack as they stare at me. I badly want to touch him so I took a step forward.

 

*Alpha, no!* Haejin hyung's panicked voice ringed on the pack link. I looked in his direction and he shook his head at me as his eyes were wide and pleading.

 

*He's my ing mate! Why are you stopping me!* I growled at him. By now Jackson and Jaebum's hands were on my shoulder, restraining me from taking another step. I could easily push them away and I was about to but Haejin hyung spoke again.

 

*Alpha if you want your mate then you should NOT come anywhere near him. Not for now, please. I'll explain later, let me help him settle in.* he said, his eyes never leaving mine. All this while, my mate was just standing there in front of the pack clinic that happens to be part of Haejin hyung's house. He's looking far away and dazed as he waited for his uncle.

 

I was confused and angry. Why would he stop me from approaching my mate!? I waited for long ing years and when he's within my reach I'll be reprimanded to come near him!? What the heck! I wanted to embrace him, he's mine!

 

But then, Haejin hyung's eyes are sad and pleading. Whatever the reason is, I will make sure to know.

 

I took a deep breath, still staring at my mate.

 

*Be in my office in fifteen minutes.* I told Haejin hyung. He smiled, looking relieved, and nodded at me before picking up my mate's luggage.

 

My eyes never left my mate. He's about as tall as me, his lips were so plump and his skin was pale. And he's human. I could tell from his scent. My gaze landed on his arms and I growled with what I saw. His wrist was bandaged. The thought of him hurting or somebody hurting him sent anger flaring in me. Before I could run and wrap him in my arms, he disappeared inside the house.

 

I dejectedly sat back on the chair, I ran my hands roughly on my hair in irritation. Haejin hyung better have an explanation for this.

 

My friends were all over me after that, of course. They were squealing and cheering.

 

"Oh my god hyung you found your mate!" Bambam exclaimed excitedly.

 

"Dude I'm so happy for you! He's finally here!"

 

"Yes he's ing here but I can't even get near him! I want to freaking hold him! I want... I want... argh!" I kicked the chair across from mine. So many voices were also talking to me on the pack link, my family included, so I have to shut it out for a minute as it adds to my frustration.

 

"Relax hyung, I'm sure Haejin hyung has a good reason for this. Let's just trust him," Youngjae soothed.

 

"He better be."

 

-oOo-

 

We were back in the pack house waiting for Haejin hyung to come to my office. After a few minutes he came inside and I asked Jaebum to lock the door. My friends were still with me coz they said I might do something stupid if they leave me on my own.

 

"Talk," I demanded after everyone has settled themselves comfortably.

 

"Alpha, first of all let me apologise for not letting you approach him earlier. As I said, if you wish to have your mate you need to distance yourself for a while. I'm afraid but it might take you time before you can claim him or at least make him comfortable with you," he said

 

I was confused. "Why? And who is he?"

 

Haejin hyung was hesitant, he said, "his name is Jinyoung, he is my nephew. I am sorry Alpha but I am in no place to tell you his story." He was in deep thought, trying to find out what to say, I guess. "All I can tell you is that he has been through a lot of tragic things, more than a guy his age should experience. He's hurt Alpha, and very broken. The events of his life made him build a wall around him and imprison himself in."

 

Jinyoung. What a beautiful name.

 

I tried to let his words sink in. I need to know more.

 

"He's human, why did you take him here without any permission?" I asked him. I am not against his presence here in our town but as the Alpha and with the fact that this was a werewolf's pack, bringing a human could be dangerous.

 

A worried and pained expression suddenly flashed on Haejin hyung's face.

 

"I didn't plan to Alpha. We only wanted to visit him today, to see how he's been. The scene that welcomed us in his house worried me so much. Seeing how unstable he is, I was scared to let him be alone. We are his only family left and so I have no choice but to force him to come with us."

 

I gritted my teeth, "You forced him? What did you saw? Why is his wrist in bandage?" I probed as I tried to not let my anger get the best of me. He freaking forced my mate to do something he doesn't want to! But then again if he didn't do it then I probably would have been clueless about my mate till now.

 

"He's depressed," he said with a sigh. "I believe he has been for a while and he has been good at hiding it from us. We rarely see him too so I wasn't able to keep an eye on him. This morning we found him unconscious in his bathroom, hands bloody and I found a razor near him. When I cleaned his wound I found more scars on his wrists. Apparently he has been cutting himself," he explained further. His eyes were filled with sadness. "Look Alpha, I'm happy that he's your mate. That means my nephew in good hands and I'm really happy for him. But for the past years Jinyoung has made sure not to get attached to anyone, even us. He never let anyone stay with him for just a day and you don't know how difficult it was to convince him to come live with us. I'll help you to get close to him but you should take it slow Alpha."

 

"Umm, excuse me for interrupting," said Youngjae, "he's clearly a human, does he know we are werewolves?"

 

Haejin hyung shook his head. "No, he doesn't. I know it is dangerous to bring him here but I just... I just can't leave him. I want to help him and I can't do that when he's so far from me. I hope you can understand that and you don't have to worry. I'm sure he wouldn't even step outside the house so the pack's daily routine would still be the same. Nothing should change," he explained.

 

"But he's your nephew, how come you're werewolf and he's human?" This time, it was Bambam that asked.

 

"I am adopted. Jinyoung's dad was already in his mid-twenties when his family adopted me. Thankfully when I first shifted they didn't kick me out. They took care of me like their own child and I am really thankful. And now that Jinyoung needs me, it's my time to return every love and affection his family showered me."

 

I listened intently to their conversation. What happened to my mate? Why is he so broken? My feet are itching to run and embrace him, assure him that he's safe with us, that I'd protect him from whatever's hurting him. I badly wanted to comfort him.

 

I looked out my window, to Haejin hyung's house. "I want to meet him," I said.

 

"Alpha, you can't! I just expl-"

 

"Just once. Let me see him once. I'll just introduce myself and I promise that's it. I won't do anything to make him uncomfortable," I assured him. I just really want to touch even just an inch of his skin.

 

Haejin hyung stared at me straight in the eyes as if filtering my intentions.

 

"Fine, tomorrow you can see him."