Chap9: Unexpected Truth

Fixing My Broken Mate

Pic below: Mark's majestic wolf! Again, the picture is not mine :)

250

 

Mark’s POV

 

Two weeks have passed since Haejin hyung came home and Jinyoung left my house. I was disappointed but then, I couldn’t keep him beside me for now. I was glad though that he let me visit him in their house and I did so every day. I made sure I drop by before or after my patrol on the boundaries or when I have finished my work for the day. Luke of course spent most of his time with Jinyoung. The kid hates to be away from him for too long and he even slept some nights with him. Damn, I envy my son.

 

I’m off to the city to visit my parents and for an alliance meeting in the afternoon. I was packing a bag for my baby boy since I’d be gone for the whole day and he’s gonna be staying with Jinyoung yet again.

 

Y’know, Luke used to stay with either Bam, Youngjae, or Yugyeom when I go out of town. Sometimes he’s even okay to be left with some omegas in the pack house but since Jinyoung came into our lives, my son basically clings on him. He would throw tantrums if I leave him with anyone else. I sometimes wonder if Luke could feel my mating bond with Jinyoung. If he is a werewolf then I might say that it could be possible, but he’s human. Maybe it’s his instincts that are kicking in?

 

“Alpha, your car is up front,” Jaebum spoke from my doorway just as I am zipping Luke’s bag.

 

“Where’s Luke?” I asked.

 

“Living room downstairs, he’s playing with Youngjae. Want me to drive you?” Jaebum asked, holding the car keys high.

 

“Nah, it’s okay man, I can do it. Besides, I need you and Jackson here. With the frequent rogue visits we’re having, I need you both to watch over the pack while I’m away,” I told him.

 

In the past few weeks, there had been many reports from my warriors on patrol that they have spotted rogues lurking around our territory and there were even some lone wolves or probably wolves from other packs that have taken the liking of sniffing around our boundaries late at night. I have told my members to always be alert in case there might be an attack and also I put it in my mind to ask the other packs from our alliance if they have been having the same problem. I also considered the thought that it’s probably Leon’s doing. He might still be mad at me for rejecting his daughter.

 

Jaebum and I descended to the living room and Youngjae handed me my son who happily waved goodbye to them. Luke kept blabbering as we walk towards the pack clinic, he even bounced on my arm making my white button-up shirt crumple.

 

“Good morning Alpha. Looking good, I see. Do you have somewhere to be?” Haejin hyung asked as I enter their house. I was actually wearing my usual attire when I go out to some meetings – a white button-up shirt and an overcoat paired with black tight jeans and dress shoes.

 

“Yeah, I have alliance meeting this afternoon,” I said. “Where’s Jinyoung? I need to deposit this blabbering kid, he refuses to stay with anyone else.”

 

“Of course you only want your daddy Jinyoung, don’t you sweetie?” Haejin hyung cooed while tickling Luke.

 

“Daddy! Daddy!” Luke shouted excitedly between his giggling as the doctor continued to tickle his sides.

 

“He’s in his room, as usual. And you don’t have to worry, Jinyoung loves Luke too I’m sure he wouldn’t mind looking after him.”

 

With one last smile and pinch on Luke’s cheek, Haejin hyung scurried to his clinic while I made my way to Jinyoung’s room. Knocking on his room I could hear some shuffling on the bed followed by a soft ‘come in.’ When I opened the door I saw Jinyoung sitting on his bed, hair messy and rubbing his eyes.

 

“Daddy!” Luke screamed and he started to bounce on my arm again.

 

“Good morning, sorry to wake you,” I greeted and apologized. I clearly woke him up.

 

“It’s *yawn* okay hyung,” he replied before his head snap up and his eyes made a thorough scan of my appearance. A blush graced his cute cheeks as he averted his eyes away, pretending that he wasn’t just ogling me seconds ago. “Are you going somewhere?” he asked.

 

I stepped closer to his bed and placed Luke down. My son immediately crawled to Jinyoung’s lap and nuzzled his face in his daddy’s torso. I on the other hand sat on the edge of his bed close enough to him so I can run my hand on his already messy bed hair. “I’ll be out of town for the whole day. Is it okay for this little one to spend his day with you again?” I asked him.

 

Jinyoung looked down at the boy snuggled to him and smiled. “Of course it’s fine hyung. You know I like him a lot so I don’t mind having him around,” he said. Luke then looked up and smiled at Jinyoung as if he understood what we are talking about.

 

Being envious as ever with my son, I move closer to them and engulf them both in a hug. “I need to get going. Thank you so much Jinyoungie. And you little dude, behave, okay? Don’t stress daddy Jinyoung,” I said. I kissed the top of his head. When I turned to Jinyoung his face was so red. “Bye baby, enjoy your day.” I kissed Jinyoung’s forehead and gave the both of them one last squeeze before reluctantly pulling away.

 

“Bye hyung,” Jinyoung shyly bid before I disappeared from his room.

 

The one hour drive was finally over and I was pulling in in front of my parents’ house here in Silver Moon Pack (A/N: common pack name in werewolf aus but I’m too lazy to think of ideas for pack names so let’s just settle for this, hehe). Stepping out of the driver’s seat, two hyperactive girls launched themselves at me.

 

“Dada!” they both screamed. I instantly crouched down and opened my arms wide to welcome them and soon both collided with my chest almost sending my to the ground.

 

“You sure missed me, huh?” I said, kissing their cheeks.

 

“Of course they do. You don’t even let us visit you anymore in the Majestic Moon,” my sister, Tammy sulked. I let go of the two princesses and approached my sister in the doorway. I kissed her cheek and she led me and the kids to the living room.

 

“I’m sorry sis, you know how things are in the pack right now. Don’t want to endanger you and the others,” I said to her. Just then two more ecstatic personas tackled me and this time I did fall on the carpeted floor.

 

“Markie! Oh my god I miss you!” Grace, my second eldest sister greeted me.

 

“Hyung I hate you! You never let me visit you anymore!” Joey, our youngest brother whined. I simply chuckled and hugged them back. I did miss them a whole lot too.

 

“Hey, stop piling over your brother! You brats, c’mon, get up,” I hear Mama said and I soon could see her pulling my two siblings away from me. She eventually helped me to my feet while tidying my clothes.

 

“Hi Ma, I miss you,” I said then I squeeze him tight. I feel a hand tapping on my shoulder, when I look back I saw my Papa smiling at me.

 

“Hi son, how are you?” Papa asked. I let go of Mama and hugged my father too.

 

“Been busy, but that’s nothing new,” I shrug. They ushered me towards the seats while my Grace and Joey offered to prepare the table for lunch.

 

“How’s the pack son? I heard you’re having frequent visits from rogues and other suspicious wolves,” Papa asked.

 

“Yeah, I don’t know what they want and we can’t seem to catch any for interrogation. Every time we corner one rogue it kills itself before we can capture it. I’m bringing the subject later in the meeting,” I stated, earning worried faces from my family, especially my Papa.

 

“Do you think it’s Leon? I mean, he has threatened you before and I heard that he withdrew his spot from the alliance just yesterday,” Papa related, I leaned back on the couch and shut my eyes.

 

“So he did cut himself off from the alliance, huh. Stupid. But I do consider that possibility Pa. If that’s the case then I’m more worried especially for my mate. Who knows what that lunatic Alpha is up to get even with me.”

 

“Omg! Speaking of mates, Mama told me about your mate, Jinyoung is it? How does he look? And how are things between you now? Does he already know about us being werewolves? Have you mated yet? Have you – umph!” Tammy’s chain of questions was cut off when a throw pillow hit her face. It came behind me and when I turned back I saw both Grace and Joey sharing a high five.

 

“Hey what was that for!” Tammy protested. She glared at the two.

 

“You’re getting over excited sis, you’re blabbering,” Joey points out making Tammy glare at him even more.

 

“How’s Jinyoung Mark?” Mama asked, cutting off the bickering of my siblings. I couldn’t help but smile with just the mere thought of him.

“He’s still clueless about us but I have made progress in the past weeks. He has agreed to give me a chance to be closer to him and I’m still waiting for him to be more comfortable with me before I tell him about our kind. Lucas loves him a lot though. He refuses to be away with him for long. They’re actually spending the day together,” I happily informed them and they beamed back at me.

 

“I’m happy for you Mark,” Papa said along with Mama clapping her hands together and smiling brightly at me.

 

“I wanna see him! Do have a picture of him?” Joey excitedly asked. I chuckled and pull my phone out of my pocket.

 

“Yeah, most of these pics though are with Luke. They’re inseparable.” I scanned through my gallery and show them pictures of Jinyoung. Eventually, Joey snatched my phone and they all huddle up together over him. They cooed and smiled as they go over the contents of my gallery.

 

“Oh my god, you guys sleep together!” Grace shrieked before grabbing the phone and turned the screen to me. My eyes went wide coz I never took a pic of us cuddling. How the hell can I take a pic of us sleeping together while I’m asleep as well.

 

 

The picture was taken on Jinyoung’s last day at my house. We were lying on our sides, me spooning him and letting him pillow my arm, my other arm was around his waist as we both snuggled comfortably.

 

A/N: the pic below!

 

That day I remembered taking a nap with Jinyoung because we were too sleepy as we stayed late the previous night doing our respective jobs. I also remembered waking up with both Jaebum and Jackson inside our room snickering like idiots and told me we have something to discuss. It must have been them who took the pic. Bless them.

 

I grabbed my phone back and mentally noted to make the pic my wallpaper later. It’s so cute. I was too flustered to breathe a word to my family.

 

“I’m happy for you,” was the only thing my Mama says. They all gave me bright smiles and I’m certain they will bug me to meet my mate soon.

 

-o0o-

 

After four hours, the meeting finally ended, and was driving back to my pack. My mind thought kept replaying the things we have talked about in the meeting.

 

During the meeting, I have confirmed that Leon indeed dropped from the alliance and the remaining members seemed to be happy about it. I know for a fact that they were only putting up with him due to the alliance. The previous Alpha in Leon’s pack was very kind and friendly and he was the one who swore the pack in the alliance but when he died and Leon took over the position everyone seemed to be reluctant about having him in the alliance coz he’s the exact opposite of the previous Alpha.

 

I have also found out that I was the only one having problems with rogues and breaches in the territory. I mentioned to them the possibility of Leon and I told them what had happened between us. They all congratulated me about finding my mate and promised me that they will help me with this issue. The Alpha who’s pack resides next to Leon promised to watch out for something suspicious and would tell me immediately if he finds some.

 

I was about a mile away from the pack when I suddenly have this unsettling feeling I usually have when something isn’t right. I instantly stepped into my gas and speeded up. It’s when I am near enough to open my pack link that I could sense the worry and the panic in my members’ links.

 

*Jaebum, what’s wrong? Why is everyone in panic?* I mind link Jaebum.

 

*Alpha? Oh my god, thank goodness you’re here! There was another breach and it came out of nowhere! Four rogues managed to get in town without being noticed!* he reported and my heart instantly jumped to my throat. Damn rogues! I should have known they were going to try something while I’m away.

 

*How’s the pack? Is anyone hurt? Where’s Jinyoung and Luke?*

 

Please say they’re fine, please.

 

*A few warriors were hurt Alpha. Haejin hyung and Youngjae are tending to them at the moment. However, we can’t find Jinyoung and Luke. Haejin hyung said Jinyoung mentioned going somewhere to unwind, we can’t find them in the woods though. Do you know where they are?* Jaebum nervously told me. My mind was racing on their whereabouts and worry was taking over me. Suddenly a thought crossed my mind and I instantly sped up my car.

 

*Jae they’re at the lake! Bring some of the warriors and meet me there!* I instructed. The mantra ‘please be safe’ kept repeating in my head. I swear if they hurt my mate and my son I will shred them to pieces and burn them down to ashes!

 

My car came to an abrupt stop on the dirt road that leads to the lake. I quickly got out of my car and ran full speed to the lake. I knew it would be easier if I shift into my wolf form but I didn’t want to scare Jinyoung. I could also hear Jaebum, Jackson, and a few more warriors running closely behind me.

 

The closer I got to the lake the more I could feel my mate’s emotions. I could feel the intensity of Jinyoung’s fear. I shouldn’t feel this much since I haven’t completed the mating process with him yet so sensing so much from him only heightened my panic and anger. A growl escaped my lips and I could feel my canines descend. I’m pretty sure my eyes were turning pitch black too.

 

By the time I reached the lake my eyes drifted everywhere until it settled on the northern part of the lake. Six rogues were surrounding and snarling at Jinyoung who sat at the edge of the lake, almost in the water already and he’s hugging a crying Luke tightly. I could smell blood in the air and I growl loudly when I saw Jinyoung’s bleeding legs. Before I knew it, my wolf instinct took over and I ran, shifting myself into my wolf form as I jumped between the rogues and my mate.

 

I growled so loud that the rogues took a step back but they are stubborn and determined enough to stay and growled back. When I sensed Jaebum and the others were already in the area I immediately attacked, sinking my canines in the rogues’ necks and snapping them hard till they died.

 

Behind me, I could hear Luke shouting Daddy whilst crying but my mind was too clouded with anger – I was ballistic as of the moment and determined to bring death to whoever threatened my mate and my son. I was too occupied with killing the rogues that I was still howling and growling even when they were all killed.

 

I only snapped back to my senses when Jaebum linked me. *Alpha! Jinyoung left!*

 

Indeed when I turned around Jinyoung is nowhere. Only Luke was left on the ground crying his heart out