Chap15: We're Having A Pup

Fixing My Broken Mate

Jinyoung’s POV

 

I could hear hushed voices. Who were they, I wonder. I groaned as I opened my eyes. Not even a second later, Mark was on me. I could feel his warmth radiating beside me and I couldn’t help but to drawn and move closer to its source.

 

“Hi baby, are you okay? How are you feeling?” asked Mark, worriedly. He was sitting on my left side and his hand was gently caressing my face then my hair.

 

“I’m fine. What happened?” I asked, confused. Looking around the room, I saw my uncle and his parents standing beside the bed looking at me worriedly. “W-what’s going on?” I asked again. I looked up to Mark and he looked as if he’s pondering what to tell me. I stared at him as I tried to recall the earlier events. “I remember putting Luke to sleep and then…”

 

I felt dizzy…

 

Mark brought me to the clinic…

 

Uncle Haejin ran some tests…

 

 

I am…

 

….

 

“Oh my god, Mark! I-I’m… I’m…” I frantically stuttered as I looked at Mark with wide, uncertain eyes. I unconsciously fisted his shirt as I seek confirmation about the news relayed to us a while ago. Mark instantly took my trembling hands in his as he leaned down on my lying figure to soothe me.

 

“Sshh, I know. I know baby,” he calmly said, caressing my cheeks, my hair, or anywhere to calm me. “You passed out after Haejin hyung announced it. I carried you back here so you can comfortably rest,” he explained.

 

“B-but how? There must be a mistake. I’m a guy… I can’t… it can’t be,” I disbelievingly replied. Mark helped me to sit up. His mom then gave me a glass of water which I gladly took. She then sat on my other side while Uncle Haejin and Mark’s dad sat on the couch.

 

“We couldn’t believe it either Jinyoung-ah, so we took another blood sample from you and ran another test. It was still the same,” Uncle Haejin related. My hand moved to my stomach immediately. I still couldn’t believe that I can conceive a child.

 

“But still, h-how can that be possible?” I asked again while looking up at Mark. He placed his hand on top of mine and squeezed it gently.

 

“We’re not sure too baby, I’m just as surprised and as confused as you. That’s why I called Mama and Papa. They arrived a shortly before you woke up so we haven’t really talked about it yet,” Mark said. I glanced at his parents. They were smiling gently at me though I can see both worry and excitement in their faces. Mark on the other hand sat beside me and we both faced our visitors. He placed his arm behind me and pulled me to lean on his side.

 

“D-do you know why or how is this possible? I-is this really happening?” I nervously asked them. Mama, who was beside me, took my hand and began caressing it. She must have felt the tension in me. Her hands felt so comforting so I began to finally relax.

 

“We never thought about this too until now but when Mark called I instantly remembered a story that my parents used to tell us,” Papa began.

 

“What story?” By now my attention was fully focused on him and on the words he said.

 

“My father used to tell us that his grandparents were both males. It was true because we have seen pictures of them. We used to joke around asking how his dad was born if they were both males. He simply said that one of them got pregnant and gave birth to him. Naturally, we didn’t believe him thinking that he was joking. We thought that they probably had a surrogate to carry the pups for them. But now that Mark has called and told us about you being pregnant we thought that the said story might be true and we hoped it might provide some explanation to help us learn about your current situation Jinyoung-ah. So as soon as we got here, we went straight to your uncle and tried to dig more information about our great grandfathers.”

 

“That’s when Mark’s parents told me that there might be records filed with the same case as yours,” Uncle Haejin butted in. “They asked me to look for the family’s medical record and guess what I found. One of Mark’s great-great grandfathers indeed got pregnant and gave birth to the next generation of the family,” he confirmed, holding up an old folder and he handed it out to me. With shaky hands, I opened the almost withered piece of paper and found medical records of that said, great grandparent. It contains his pregnancy test results and records of his routine check-ups throughout his pregnancy.

 

“S-so you mean this is something that’s h-hereditary? Like men from your family can impregnate another guy?” I asked. Mark took the folder from my still shaky hand and handed it back to my uncle.

 

“Yes and no,” this time Mama answered. “There’s this story that has been passed down from generations to generations that when an Alpha is married to another male, the moon goddess grants his mate the gift to bear children to continue the lineage or the Alpha bloodline. We all thought it was some old story since until these days, there has been only rare cases of an Alpha being mated to another male. We weren’t even alive yet to witness the first occurrence of the said male pregnancy in our pack so all this time we believed it was only a bedtime story. And now that it’s happening again, we can say it’s somewhat runs in the family too coz for decades now, it only happens in our family. No cases have been recorded relating to it from nearby packs,” Mama further explained.

 

So this is really happening…

 

Oh my god! So it’s really happening to me! I’m pregnant… I’m really conceiving a child…

 

The thought scared the out of me and I went stiff. I stared blankly at nothing in particular as I tried to let the situation sink into my clouded brain. I don’t know what to say or how to react. I still couldn’t get a hold of the idea that I am to carry and give birth to a child.

 

“Jinyoungie, are you alright?” Mark called while he shook my shoulders softly. My eyes were teary when I stared back at him.

 

“I think we should leave. Jinyoung looks tired already and we can’t stress him further. We can talk again some other time,” Papa declared as he stood up. Mama did the same, so does my uncle.

 

“Make sure he eats well Alpha and gets enough rest. I’ll be studying these records of the previous male pregnancy case so we can help you both through it,” my uncle stated, smiling gently at me. However, I remained speechless and shocked by this revelation I am facing.

 

I spaced out for I don’t know how long. I didn’t even notice Mark leaving my side to lock the door. I was even unable to bid goodbye or thank his parents and my uncle before they left. The next thing I knew, my tears began falling as Mark joined me again, sitting in front of me.

 

“Baby, why are you crying?” Mark asked. He gently wiped the tears that ran down my face before pulling me in an embrace. “Aren’t you happy about this? Don’t you like to carry our pup?” he sadly asked.

 

“I-it’s not that. I just feel overwhelmed with the news a-and I’m scared. What if I’m not ready for this? What if I do something wrong and lost the baby? What if… what if-”

 

“Hey, hey, stop,” Mark softly said. He pulled me closer and I clutched on his shirt tightly as I cried. “Don’t think that way Jinyoung-ah. You’ll be fine – you and the baby will be fine. I’m here, I’ll make sure of it, okay? Don’t worry too much. We’ll get through this together,” he cooed as he continuously tried to calm me. My tears eventually died down but I refused to let go of him.

 

-oOo-

 

Mark’s POV

 

Later that night, after me, Jinyoung and Luke had dinner, the three of us cuddled in bed. It was still early to sleep and usually Jinyoung would be working on his novels at this time but he’s already drifting in and out of consciousness as he lied beside the still wide awake Luke. I’m sure he’s exhausted. All the revelations and events have tired him physically and emotionally.

 

“Sleep if you want to sleep Jinyoung-ah. Don’t fight your drowsiness,” I told Jinyoung. We were lying on our sides and I was behind him as we both face Luke. The kid was still up gleefully playing with his plushies.

 

“I’m not yet sleepy,” replied Jinyoung, his eyes were already heavy.

 

“Are you sure ‘bout that?” I teased, he looked so cute trying to stay awake. “Sleep baby, you need rest. It has been a long tiring day for you,” I said as I ran my hand on his hair repeatedly.

 

It didn’t take long for him to finally drift into a peaceful sleep. Carefully, I lifted Luke along with his bunch of plushies. I made sure Jinyoung was comfortable and warm before I brought my still energetic kid to my office. I’ll have to watch over him whilst doing some paperwork so he won’t disturb Jinyoungie. I set Luke down on the couch to play while I go over some documents. About half an hour later, I felt my friends’ presence getting near and in a short time, they were knocking on my office door.

 

“Come in,” I said. The door opened and all five of them came in, looking both worried and excited. Jackson found Luke playing and instantly pulled the kid on his lap. He, Bam, and Yugyeom began playing with Luke as the remaining couple sat around the small receiving area.

 

“How’s Jinyoung hyung?” was the first thing they asked.

 

“He’s fine. Just tired, I guess. He fell asleep a while ago,” I told them, smiling softly. Youngjae must have told them the news already and I know for a fact that they are here for more details.

 

“Wow, hyung, I can’t believe he’s pregnant! You guys are having your own pup soon!” Yugyeom excitedly stated. “You must be really happy now!”

 

“Of course I am! But I can’t help but to get worried too,” I told them. As a matter of fact, I can’t still get over the fact that Jinyoung’s is carrying our child and that we are both having a pup without getting a surrogate to carry them for us. But the current situation of our pack is a bit alarming and not really safe for someone, especially an Alpha’s mate, to bear a child.

 

“I think you will both are going to excellent dads, there’s nothing to worry about that hyung,” Bambam commented.

 

“I know that already Bam. I already have gained experience from Luke and Jinyoung is just equally good with kids but that is not what’s bothering me,” I sighed. I have already stopped reading the document in front of me and instead, I anxiously played with the pen in my hand.

 

“It’s Leon, isn’t it?” Jaebum asked. Both he and Jackson knew how desperate I am to get rid of Leon especially after he threatened to harm my mate and my son.

 

“Yeah,” I confirmed, “That bastard won’t stop until he got his revenge. He and that sick he calls daughter will do anything to bring harm to my family and to the pack. And now Jinyoung’s pregnant, it is not just him that I have to protect. I have to protect the future Alpha he’s carrying too,” I confided worryingly.

 

“Ei, stop worrying too much hyung!” Jackson exclaimed from his seat, his boisterousness always brighten up our dull conversations. “But how sure are you that it’s an Alpha he’s carrying? It might be baby girl you know. But anyways, we’re here! We will help you kick that ’s !” he blabbered, nonstop.

 

“! Go, go kickie !!” Luke repeated while bouncing excitedly on Jackson’s lap. Jackson paled and I face-palmed myself before sending Jackson a glare.

 

“Watch young mouth Wang! Stop saying stupid things in front of my son!” I scolded. I moved out of my chair and was about to pick my son from Jackson but then,

 

“Wang stupid!” Luke repeated. I froze. At his age, Luke was learning fast especially from the things he heard and observed so Jinyoung and I made sure not to mention profanities or inappropriate words in front of him. I was surprised with how fast he picked up new words, and not very good words at that, from our conversation. Youngjae took Luke instead and carried him.

 

“You both are seriously not good examples for Luke,” Youngjae chastised, sending both me and Jackson a glare. “When will you learn to put filter in your mouths when there are kids around?”

 

I watched as Youngjae and Jackson bickered while the rest of them played with Luke. He was now on Jaebum’s lap and the said guy would sometimes cover the kid’s ear when Jackson became too loud. It felt nice and peaceful despite the endless arguments Jackson and Youngjae kept throwing at each other. I too can’t help but imagine having Jinyoung here with us, with our baby Alpha in his arms, laughing at stupid jokes and enjoying our friends’ company. It would be a beautiful sight to see. I just hope we’d be able to overcome the threats imposed by Leon and the rogues so I can finally have my happy ever after with Jinyoung and my kids.