Chap3: Attention Wh0re

Fixing My Broken Mate

The pictures below are Mark's Office and Kitchen and Dining :)

       

 

 

Mark’s POV

 

I was about to go insane.

 

When I stepped into his room, the scent of strawberry and coffee invaded my senses again. God, it smelt so great! I forced myself to hold in a growl that threatened to escape me from just the scent of him.

 

When his hand touched mine, I felt like I was being electrocuted as sparks crawled throughout my body. I also felt him flinch and I was so glad that he could feel the bond too! I held his soft hand firm, wanting to hold it a little longer.

 

His voice was so smooth too. Damn, I was aroused just listening to him. And he only said two freaking short sentences and it affected me a lot already! I raked my eyes on his body; pale skin, beautiful eyes with long lashes, his plump lips. I tried to ignore the bandage on his wrist coz it made me want to grab his hand and kiss every wound and scar there was. I was sure he wouldn’t like that. Not yet.

 

He was hesitant and reserved. Judging from his short responses, I know my presence was making him a bit uncomfortable. But I wanted to make the conversation a bit longer to make him be more at ease with me and loosen up the tension between us. However, I was really disappointed when my little devil, Luke, came running, well more like waddling. It was funny to watch him walk coz he looked like a drunken midget in diapers.

 

Luke seemed attracted to my mate too. I couldn’t agree more when he said that Jinyoung was pretty. Damn my kid has perfect eyes. Jinyoung looked scared though when Luke asked to be carried. Before both of us made Jinyoung more uncomfortable and as much as I want to stay and chat with my mate I’m sure Luke would start wailing to be fed soon so I took my leave.

 

I dragged my feet out of Haejin hyung’s clinic, bidding goodbye to him and his family, and made my way out to where Jaebum was waiting for me.

 

“Jaebum, you ! Why did you let this little devil go! I told you to look after him till I get back,” I complained. He was standing in front of the pack clinic with Youngjae.

 

“! !” Luke happily chanted and bounced in my arm.

 

“Don’t cuss in front of your son, idiot!” Jaebum chastised but my baby boy just repeated what he heard, again.

 

“Idiot!” Luke shouted. I glared at Jaebum.

 

Youngjae smacked us both. “Stop that you two! You’re being a bad example to Luke!” Youngjae said, he walked to me and tickled the kid. “Aren’t they Luke? Daddy and Uncle Jaebum are being bad,” he cooed. Luke erupted with a fit of giggles as he tried to squirm away from Youngjae’s fingers.

 

“C’mon, let’s get back to the pack house. Are you coming Youngjae-ah?” I asked.

 

“Nope. I’m staying here at the clinic, Alpha. Haejin hyung might need me,” he replied. Jaebum kissed his boyfriend goodbye before we head back to the pack house.

 

“So, how did it go?” Jaebum asked while we walk.

 

A smile graced my lips. “He’s definitely my mate Jae. God he’s so beautiful!” I mindlessly replied, still unable to get over the feeling of being near my mate and touching him.

 

“I’m happy for you! So what do you plan to do now? You clearly can’t march up in there and tell him you’re a werewolf and he’s your mate,” Jaebum beamed.

 

“Well, Haejin hyung advised me to visit the clinic and let him feel my presence often. That way he’ll get used to seeing me. So for now, I have no choice but to wait and take things slow.”

 

He patted me on the shoulder. “It’s okay Alpha, I know you can wait. After all, you’ve waited years for him. A few more months the least wouldn’t hurt right? At least you know who your mate is now,” he commented and I have to agree with him.

 

I know everything will be worth it. Well, I just wished I know more about him. I have thought of hiring someone to dig information about Jinyoung but I had a feeling he wouldn’t like that so I pushed the idea aside. I just have to wait till he’s comfortable to tell me more about him.

 

When I opened the pack house I was surprised when two more little devils tackled my leg shouting Dada. I crouched down with Luke still in my arm. “Sweetcakes what are you doing here? Who came with you?” I asked my two nieces Kylie and Leila.

 

“Granny and gramps! They’re at the kitchen,” Kylie, the oldest of the two answered. I stalked towards the kitchen while Jaebum took the three kids towards the living room to watch some cartoons.

 

“Mama? Papa?” I called, then I saw them on the breakfast counter having a cup of coffee each. “Why are you here?” I asked, giving them both a hug.

 

My papa used to be the Alpha of our pack. When I turned 21, he handed down the position to me. When my papa stepped down as Alpha, they decided to stay with my sister, Tammy, the mom of the two young ladies. They lived three towns away in another pack’s territory. Tammy’s mate was the Alpha there and my two other siblings, Grace, and Joey stayed with them too since their town was nearer to the city where they work and study.

 

At first, I was really upset when they decided to leave. I was like, ‘I just became Alpha and yet my family’s moving out of the pack house.’ I admit I felt really lonely when they left but as the days go by I just got used to it. Also, I have my friends too who always made sure that my day was never quiet. And the pack house was open to all members so I often have visitors coming by.

 

I turned to my mama and saw that she was glaring at me. “Young man you literally shooed us away last night without telling us anything about your mate! Where is he? I want to meet him!” my mama demanded. I admit I did literally shove them away yesterday night when they dropped Luke from their weekend sleepover. I was just really upset that I couldn’t get near my mate and I really wasn’t in the mood to talk so they left without hearing anything from me.

 

I sighed and sat beside her. “I wish I can introduce you to him now Ma, but I could hardly get near him.” My mama knew I was upset immediately. She took my hand and squeezed it to comfort me.

 

“What’s wrong son? Did he reject you? He’s human right? Maybe you just didn’t explain well to him about how things go in our kind,” Papa said.

 

“It’s not that Papa. He… he’s troubled. Haejin hyung told me he has been through a lot and that he shuts himself from everybody. He even tried to kill himself by cutting his wrist,” I told them sadly. Honestly, the more I thought of my mate hurting the more I wanted to embrace him and assure him that everything’s fine. My wolf has been wailing too coz he could feel the sadness our mate was going through.

 

“I’m sorry to hear that hun,” Mama said. I smiled sadly at her. “Everything will be fine. At least now you know who your mate is,” she stated.

 

“But I got to see him and talk to him a while ago! He’s so beautiful Ma. His hands are so soft, I want to keep holding them,” I admiringly told them and I went on telling them about my first conversation with my mate. When I was finished I saw that they were both looking at me with loving eyes and amused smiles.

 

“I’m happy for you son. You’ve waited so long. I’m glad you finally found him,” Mama said.

 

“Just be patient Mark, you’ll have him eventually. Just don’t let your emotions get the best of you and do things that might make him reject you,” Papa added.

 

“I know Pa,” I replied. Just then Luke cried from the living room, definitely hungry and I facepalmed myself coz I forgot to give him his milk. I excused myself from my parents before hurrying to my son.

 

“I think he’s hungry,” Jaebum said as he handed me the crying Luke. I was on my way back to the kitchen with Luke snuggled in my arms when there was a knock on the door.

 

“Go, I’ll get the door,” Jaebum said, untangling himself from my nieces to open the door.

 

I walked back to the kitchen and placed the sobbing Luke on the table where Mama held him so he won’t fall. I was almost done with Luke’s milk when Jaebum popped his head to the kitchen.

 

“Umm, Alpha? Someone wants to see you,” he said with a bit of hesitation as if not wanting to upset me. I gave Luke his bottle and carried him back to the living room with my parents following behind. A growl ripped through my throat when I saw who my visitors were.

 

“Mark!” Yura called. She rushed to me and tried hugging me but I shoved her away, gently of course. Her dad, Alpha Leon glared at me for doing that but I didn’t care.

 

“Good morning Alpha Leon, I didn’t expect to see you today. Did we, perhaps, have an appointment that I forgot about?,” I greeted them, still being polite despite wanting to drag her daughter out of my house. Yura pouted and stomped towards her father’s side.

 

“Oh no Alpha Mark, I am sorry to come unannounced. I am here because I need to talk to you. I have a proposition for you,” Leon answered.

 

I didn’t want to be rude to them so I told Jaebum to show them to my office upstairs while I bring Luke and his cousins to his room.

 

Yura was actually a schoolmate of mine back in college and her dad was the Alpha of their pack living about an hour away from ours. Alpha Leon was a member of our alliance along with 8 other neighboring packs. My pack was the biggest in terms of population and territory so naturally all Alphas from the alliance wanted to be on my good side. Alpha Leon though was starting to annoy me. Especially his daughter.

 

“So what was it that you want to talk about Alpha?” I asked the soonest I sat on my chair. Jaebum was standing beside my office table and my parents sat on the couch with my guests.

 

“I won’t beat around the bush Alpha Mark, my daughter Yura is in love with you. And since you both haven’t found your mates yet, I want to propose that you claim each other as mates and we can merge our packs. That would make us stronger among the rest in the alliance and even with other packs across the region,” Alpha Leon confidently laid out his proposal. Tsk, the nerve of this idiot.

 

*Please tell me I just misheard that. That was the greatest joke I have ever heard!* Jaebum laughed over the pack link. I glanced at him and saw that he was struggling to hold his laughter. So were my parents.

 

Now, let me tell you that Yura was not ugly at all. She’s pretty, I could give her that. But she’s a . She’s been wanting to be with me since college, claiming that I was her mate even though I didn’t feel anything towards her aside from annoyance. She wanted to bed since then but all her attempts failed and only made me disgust her more.

 

“I’m so sorry Alpha Leon, with all due respect your daughter is, well… unique,” it was a struggle trying to find the right words to describe her aside from a . “However I can’t agree to your proposal. You see, I have met my mate recently,” I honestly told him. I saw his face dropped and his smile turned to a frown. Yura too was surprised and turned to whine to his dad.

 

Alpha Leon looked around the room. “Really? But I don’t see your mate around. Can we meet the lucky girl?” he intrigued.

 

Jaebum burst into another fit of laughter in the pack link. *Oh my god, lucky girl! He said girl! Hahahaha! But I bet Jinyoung’s more beautiful than that over there* Jaebum mused. He’s way enjoying this conversation.

 

“My mate’s not here as of the moment,” I simply replied earning a raised brow from the two of them.

 

Yura stood up and stalked towards me, swaying her hips in an attempt to seduce me. I ignored her. “But Markie you haven’t claimed her yet, right?” she asked, closing the gap between us. She trailed her fingers in my cheek and tipped my chin up to look at her. “Can’t you just forget her and have me instead? I’m sure I’m way better... especially in bed,” she seductively whispered as she leaned closer to my ear.

 

My anger shot up. How dare she disrespect my mate!

 

“I think it’s time for you to leave,” I told them, pushing her away gently. As much as I want to drag her out, I didn’t want to hurt her especially in front of her father.

 

But the stupid girl was just asking for it. She grabbed my arms and tried to kiss me!

 

“Remove your hands away from me!” I growled, totally angry now. Yura took a step back, surprised. My parents, Jaebum and Leon were now standing.

 

“How dare you disrespect my daughter!” Alpha Leon growled back. Too bad I’m not afraid of him.

 

“Then she shouldn’t have disrespected my mate!” I spat at him. “If you want me to respect her then you should have taught her better! So far none of her actions pleased me! All she does is piss me and be an attention that she is! Now I’m only telling you this once. I will never mate with your daughter! She’s not even worth my time. Now leave before I call my warriors to you out of my territory,” I told him, angrily.

 

Yura ran out of my office crying and Alpha Leon tried to stop her but failed.

 

“You will regret this Mark,” Alpha Leon threatened.

 

“Really? Coz I believe I just made the best decision in my whole life,” I sarcastically replied. With that, he stormed out of my office too.

 

I tried to calm myself when they left. The nerve of that !

 

“Mark, I don’t think it was the best idea to piss one of the Alphas from the alliance. Leon might cut himself out of the group!” My papa brought out.

 

“I don’t care about them leaving the alliance. I can take all her advances and just ignore them but I will never tolerate anyone who disrespects my mate! She went overboard and it’s not my fault if her dad is a blind not to see his daughter’s mistake!” I spat out, still pissed like hell.

 

“We understand son. Let’s just hope Alpha Leon won’t do anything stupid to get even with you,” Mama comforted.

 

 

“He can ing do whatever he wants. He will never win against me anyway.”