Epilogue

Cool Hot Sweet L.O.V.E.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

Irene could not believe her eyes at the sight that greeted her when she entered the living room. Clothes were scattered on the floor as if discarded in a hurry, wine glasses were half filled and the almost empty wine bottle stood tall on the coffee table, with a (very guilty) red-faced Joy trying to hide herself inside the white sheet covering her body. Irene bent down to gingerly pick a black undies from the floor, which Sungjae quickly grabbed from her hand to stuff into his pants pockets. Thankfully, he made an effort to button up his shirt, albeit messily to spare her from the eyesore of witnessing his bare chest again.

She sat down next to Joy who went further into the sheet. "So." It was a statement.

Sungjae sat on one of the chairs in Joy's living room, smirking. "So."

"When?"

"Five months ago, around your wedding time, maybe more on Joy's side." Sungjae answered as Joy whimpered into the sheet.

"How?"

"Just happen." He shrugged.

"But how??? You've known each other for years!"

"Who is to say you can't develop feelings for each other even if you know each other for years? What about you and Changsub?" That shut her up. 

"Hmmpphh.." She crossed her arms. "I have to call Wendy."

"No no no no! Don't call Wendy! I'll tell you everything!" Joy almost jumped on her, and all.

"You'd better! I want to hear all of it. Every tiny detail! Everything!" She looked at Sungjae up and down. He raised his hands in surrender.

"I'll leave you two girls alone. I'm going back to the hotel." He walked towards Joy. "I'll come back tomorrow, with all my things." He turned to look at Irene who eyed them speculatively. He shrugged and leaned down to kiss Joy full on the lips before getting his stuff and waved goodbye, shutting the door behind him, but not before hearing Irene's exclamation, "NOW YOU HAVE TO TELL ME EVERYTHING OR ELSE, WOMAN!!!"

***

"I know something was up with you two back then! You were acting too suspicious with each other! I almost wanted to call you out in the limo." Wendy exclaimed as soon as she sat down on the couch in Irene's place. The friends were all gathered in Irene's house to celebrate Seulgi's and Hyunsik's engagement. 

"Well, we wanted to tell everyone anyway but Irene walked in on us." Sungjae laughed.

"And what a view to walk in on, I'm telling you guys." Joy slapped Irene's arm lightly.

"Yeah well, you're just lucky we had never found you and Changsub in compromising positions." Joy retorted.

"That is another story." Changsub added from the side.

"Well, that is a story I want to hear later. Right now, let's focus on Hyunsik and Seulgi." The inner mama bear in Wendy had spoken. The ladies started planning the wedding - Wendy and Irene mostly did the talking while Joy and Seulgi nodded at the right times. The guys wisely and quietly disappeared to another room to better spend their time (playing games) while waiting for their partners to finish their discussion. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter