Cloud before rain

Cool Hot Sweet L.O.V.E.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joy was still feeling the aftermath of their second kiss. Without looking at any mirror, she knew her lips would appear pink and almost bruised, she could still feel the throbbing on her lips, thanks to Sungjae's enthusiastic attack. She tried to maintain her neutral face, promising to treat herself if she gets through the ride without any raised suspicion. 

She groaned to herself when ten minutes later, they had arrived at their hotel and went to their respective rooms. True enough, her lips were red and swollen. She looked like she had been thoroughly kissed, which by the way was exactly what had happened. It was a miracle none of their friends had said anything in the van, aside from a raised eyebrow from Wendy.

She sighed loudly while getting ready for the party. She regretted bringing the wine coloured dress as opposed to her original choice of silver dress. Somehow with her current state, she did not think that wearing a red shade dress would help her blend in the crowd. And there was nothing more that she wanted other than to disappear into the background. 

***

Sungjae was fiddling with his cufflinks while waiting for Wendy and Joy to come down to the hotel lobby before they leave for the castle. Watching his friends in their tux and their partners in dresses reminded him of some kind of dance nights or prom scenes in the movies,  which he realized he had missed out on while he moped about by himself in the military. 

A loud whistle from Eunkwang brought him back to the present. Following his friend's gaze, his eyes found both Joy and Wendy gliding towards them. While he was sure Wendy looked beautiful in her evening gown, he was not able to reaffirm it with his own eyes because he could not drag his sight away from the lovely vision in red coming towards him (them). She was magnificent in red, as he had always known. He kept his eyes on her even when they had settled in their rented limousine for the night, his earlier resolve about being subtle with his interactions with her in front of his friends went out of the window.

Joy could not bring herself to look at him. She was too aware of him, the tension she felt from him almost palpable, she was surprised none of her friends suspected anything out of ordinary. When she stepped out to the lobby earlier that evening, her breath caught at the sight of him in his black tux assemble. He was really good looking, there is no other word to describe him. And when he turned to see her, she saw his eyes darken, smoldering if she dared to say so, and she immediately dropped her gaze at the heat she saw in those eyes. She could not deny it any longer. There was an electrical attraction between them, one that was becoming too strong and too much for her to bear. 

"Is anything wrong?" Wendy asked suddenly. She was seating with her back leaned on her fiance - Minhyuk. Joy quickly turned to her, putting on her best poker face.

"No, nothing's wrong. Why do you say that?" She said brightly.

"Hmm.. just.. something seems off." Wendy commented quietly, her eyes speculative. Joy tried to suppress the panic she felt at Wendy's words.

"It's the dress. I'm a bit uncomfortable." Joy figured a little white lie could not hurt.

"Hmmppphhh.." Luckily, Wendy did not press further. Joy decided firmly that instant that she was going to stick close to Wendy no matter what happens. She needed a breather from Sungjae and his fiery eyes, and she was sure he would not attempt anything in front of Wendy. What she did not anticipate was how crafty he was by sending everyone with their respective partners to the dance floor so that they were left alone on their table. She gulped down her wine at the sight of his (now familiar) intense eyes directed at her.

"Are you avoiding me?" He asked straightforwardly. She almost sprayed him with wine at the blunt question.

"N..no.. why would I?" She feigned ignorance. He raised an eyebrow at her.

"If it is about this afternoon, I apologize." He smiled slightly when he saw her tensed up for a moment and relaxed soon after. 

She sighed. Now that they were finally talking like normal people, she could breathe more easily. She eyed him over her wine glass. "Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter