Paradise

Cool Hot Sweet L.O.V.E.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: Intimate scene ahead. Anyone underage please cover your eyes!! :-P

------------

One week had gone by. Joy stood and looked around her apartment. One week since that night. That night they went on their separate ways. He left for the hotel almost immediately without waiting for the party to end, and come following morning, she found out that he was gone. And whatever it was that was budding between them seems to be over before it even started.

She started to feel the ache in her heart which was a regular occurance these days, whenever the memories of him flashed inside her mind. She shook her head and gathered herself. Not today. Today, she was going to enjoy herself. She was going out with the guys to check out a new local bar called 'Paradise'. She was in need of drinks badly - partly because she was feeling extremely lonely. Irene and Changsub were still not back from their honeymoon. She needed Irene. She needed to talk to Irene and be comforted by her warmth and soothing presence. She sighed. So much had changed with just a short phrase of 'I do'.

Hyunsik and Eunkwang picked her up from her place, a few other guys already in the backseat - their mutual friends involved in the music industry. She recognised one of them - Peniel - who had countlessly hinted that he was somewhat interested in her. Usually she would give Eunkwang a sharp glare and a piece of her mind when the night is over for his not so subtle effort in matchmaking, but tonight, she was too determined to enjoy herself to care. She figured, a little harmless flirting would do her some good.

The drinks kept coming as the night went. She was almost happy (with some help from the martini, her favourite drink) and carefree, barely thinking about Sungjae, about how he would look slightly whoozy, his shirt would be ed at the top, he would lean back on his chair and look at her with deep, dark gaze... She gave herself a mental slap. This was not the time to think about Sungjae. This was the time to give her undivided attention to the guy in front of her, who was smiling at her widely, showing his perfect teeth. She downed the rest of her drink. Peniel, the dear guy, offered to refill her glass and went off, leaving her alone, absentmindedly looking at her freshly manicured fingernails. And then, she felt it. She felt him. She turned around but saw no familiar face amongst the crowd. She scoffed at herself, maybe it was time for her to stop drinking tonight, she must be too drunk now that she was beginning to imagine things.

"Sungjae!" She froze at Hyunsik's voice. "Hey, nice to see you dude. How did you know we were here?" 

"I went to look for you, and Seulgi told me you were here." She immediately sobered at the sound of his voice. She did not turn towards him despite hearing him, feeling him behind her, talking to Hyunsik. She felt him move next to her then, taking the empty seat - Peniel's. She felt his eyes burning a hole at the side of her face. "We need to talk."

She turned around to find them alone; she did not realize that Hyunsik was gone. "There's nothing to talk about." She answered. She was determined not to have any unnecessary audience with him, and especially not alone. She was on the path of recovering her senses from him and she was not going to let him trample over whatever little progress that she made.

"Please." She cursed herself when she felt her resolve melting at the desperation she saw in his eyes. They didnt talk again when Hyunsik and Eunkwang joined them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter