Epilogue: One Year Without You

Ablaze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yoongi's Lamb Skewer business has been going well.

Jungkook is very good at putting together the ingredients that he now makes their sauce the hottest and most popular sauce among the competitions. 

Today they close the restaurant at 1, two hours later than they normally do. There was a drunk customer who wouldn't leave until she passed out. Yoongi has contemplated leaving her on the street but Jimin is the saint and has called the most recent contact on her phone. 

"You are banned from coming back," was all Yoongi told her, although he knew she couldn't hear him. 

Jungkook plops down on the nearest table and lets out a deep but satisfying sigh. He stretches and groans. The every day's hard work has made him more buff than other boys his age. He has also grown very tall—taller than everyone except Jin, a turn out which Yoongi calls a 'betrayal'. (He remains so small; it makes him furious about anything looming above him. Sometimes he even wants to fight the sky.)

"Do we have anything left? I'm starving!" Jungkook questions lazily. 

Yoongi purses his lips. "I'm getting poor just by feeding you."

"That does not answer my question."

Jimin giggles from the kitchen. He comes out with a tray full of the meat he has specifically reserved for their own stomach. He motions Jungkook to the table. 

"I'll go get Jin," he says, and then turns to Yoongi. "Can you prepare the plates?"

Yoongi nods. After Jimin climbs upstairs, the former heads into the kitchen. He grabs the plates, forks and spoons for everyone. When he places them on the table, he pauses in confusion. Why did he prepare 5 sets of plates when there are only 4 of them?

He tells himself he was probably thinking of Namjoon again. But it doesn't feel like it. 

The thought of Namjoon never aches his heart this bad. 

Jimin and Jin arrive just in time to catch the confused Yoongi taking the extra set back into the kitchen. The two look at each other, neither say anything. 

Through time, they have learned that Yoongi has forgotten everything about Taehyung. They thought Chae might have done something, but Jimin believes otherwise. He figures Hwa must have done something, probably with Yoongi consenting to it too. Jimin has informed Jin and Jungkook about it and together, they learn to be careful not to mention the deceased boy. 

"What's for dinner?" Jin uses his usual tactic to distract Yoongi. Yoongi snaps out of his thoughts and looks to the former male. 

"This di-"

"Jungkook," Jin glares. "If you say that inappropriate joke one more time, I'm going to stop considering you a minor and start-"

"Hey!" Yoongi frowns. "That's not nice of you to treat Jungkook like that."

"Wow…" Jungkook has a light smirk on the corner of his lips. "Didn't you just say I make you poor?"

Yoongi tilts his head, his cheeks flush red at the mention. "What poor? I don't know what you're saying. I can buy you this whole neighborhood to live if you want. I have a castle filled with gold. Do you want it?"

"Okay, wow!" Now Jimin has his hands on his hip. "You can give Jungkook your gold but back then I can't even have a necklace?"

Yoongi sits down and starts to eat. Before he puts the meat in his mouth, his murmurs. "I never take you as a greedy person, Jimin. I might need to reevaluate everything about you now."

Jimin scoffs and sits down too. Soon, the four of them start their very, very late but full of love dinner. 

Jimin sneaks a glance at Yoongi. The former dragon still has a hidden frown on his face, and doubt and confusion are written all over. He feels aches too, seeing Yoongi like this. 

-

"Whose turn is it to do the dishes tonight?" 

Jin rolls his eyes as he starts gathering the dirty plates. "That's not fair, you guys. Normally we clean at 12. Now it's over 2 in the morning."

"Life's not fair, Jin." 

"Thanks for the great philosophy, Jungkook."

"Don't mention it." Jungkook winks and almost gets a plate to his face has he not ducked in time. Jimin has to drag Yoongi upstairs or else they'll get another earful of how his darling Jungkook should not be treated like that. 

With everyone's gone, Jin carefully places everything into the sink and sighs. He looks around the kitchen one more time, making sure he's alone. It's so quiet and he loves it that way. He flicks his finger and the plates start cleaning themselves. After a short a moment, everything's done. He flicks his finger again and a nearby candle lights up.

He stares into the fire, seeing Taehyung's face staring back. 

Jin smiles. 

-

Jimin grabs the blanket and pushes it aside enough to lie down on the bed. Once his back's on the soft surface, he lets out a groan. Man, what a tiring day. He turns over and his eyelids are so heavy he can barely keep them open. Not until he realizes Yoongi on the other side of the bed, staring at the ceiling with the same confusion as earlier. 

"Yoongi?" Jimin whispers his name softly. Yoongi does not reply and Jimin doubts he even hears it. "Baby, what's on your mind now?"

"I've talked to a ghost before," Yoongi speaks and Jimin curls up into a ball. Yoongi turns and smiles a little. "A friendly one…"

"Still, this isn't a suitable time, you idiot!"

"Chicken." Yoongi murmurs and turns back to the ceiling. "I wonder where she is now. I don't remember what we talked about, though."

"Seriously Yoongi, I'm going to sleep in the restaurant if you won't stop."

"Are you sure it's safe there?"

"Yoongi!"

"Jimin…" Yoongi lower his already soft tone. Suddenly, Jimin calms down. He scoots closer. Yoongi turns to face him, and now they're lying just a breath away from each other. Yoongi exhales, his voice fills with sadness.

"I'm missing something. I can't remember." 

His tears are clear under the moonlight from the window. Jimin leans in and kisses the them away. He cuddles Yoongi to sleep that night. This has become their thing now. Whenever Yoongi misses the erased Taehyung, Jimin tries to make the pain go away. He doesn't really get why the memories are gone but all the pain sticks like super glu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter