The Ending of One Thing Is Just The Beginning of Another

Ablaze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  When the door clicks open, Jimin scrambles to his feet. The boy exits the room and he's no longer crying. But he doesn't glance at Jimin nor does he acknowledge his presence. He just heads to the exit.    Jimin goes after him.    "I'm sorry," he says almost in a whisper. "About the punches."   The boy ignores him. Jimin then resorts to following him in silence until they reach the building. He follows the boy inside without any complaint, and when he realizes what the boy is doing he rushes to help. The boy is using the cloth and blanket he has to wrap the body up nicely so he can take her to the burial ground. Jimin feels his heart ache when he watches the boy trying to hold back his tears. Yoongi must have said something—a lot of things, even. The boy is calm now, and he seems to see the situation he has put himself in more clearly.    "I got it." Jimin says as he uses the rope to fasten the wrap. The boy then carries the body bridal style and leaves. He's heading somewhere Jimin doesn't know, but he doesn't ask either. His guilt comes gushing at him and he wants to do anything he can to make up for his jerk attitude.    The boy stops when they arrive at a dump. There, Yoongi and Taehyung are already waiting for them. Next to them is a coffin—poorly made, but still a coffin. It's only then that the emotions hit Jimin and he starts tearing up too. He looks over at the boy and he wants to console him so much. What has gotten into him early at the hotel? Why did he behave such a way? The boy has already faced enough heartbreak and Jimin only made it worse.    "I'm…"   The boy walks away before Jimin can speak.    "I'm so sorry." Jimin wipes away his eyes and goes to stand beside Yoongi.    "He told me he knew," Yoongi says quietly. "He knew his sister was beyond saving. But they only had each other, Jimin. Their parents abandoned them when he was 11. A brother did all a brother could. He was hoping he was wrong, that she could get better," Yoongi looks Jimin in the eyes, and that mournful movement Yoongi's eyes catch the sun and it turn white gold. Tears dance in his eyes and makes it look like he has a blazing fire in his gaze. Maybe he really has.    Jimin nods. Another poor soul left to experience the harsh world alone.    "It couldn't have been easy,"   "I know."   Yoongi sniffs. "He knows too."   "Are you going to say it?" Jimin waits for him to insist taking the boy along, to proclaim the boy as another one he's taking under his wing. But Yoongi only shakes his head. That's when Jimin knows for sure he wants Yoongi to nod, he wants Yoongi to be stubborn one more time. "Why not?"   But Yoongi doesn't answer. He remains silent as he watches the boy saying goodbye to his sister one last time. Taehyung is helping him get his sister's body into the coffin. They couldn't get him a land to bury her—Yoongi's gold can only get him the coffin and the incentive necessary—so they'll have to burn her corpse. The boy has said he would be fine with either way, as long as he can send her off properly. Yoongi doesn't know anything about funeral either, so Taehyung makes use of whatever knowledge he has about it. They all have contributed help, Jimin thinks, except me.     Jimin fishes his backpack for a lighter. He hands it to the boy when he finds one. The boy has accepted and starts lighting 3 candles and puts them on the lid of the coffin. Jimin doesn't know the culture of the funeral in this area either, so he can only stand back and watch. The candles are constantly put out due to the strong wind. The boy is frustrated as he lights them back on and the wind blows by harshly after. He tosses the lighter away and Yoongi picks it up. He walks to the boy, giving him a brief hug and proceeds lighting the candles. Maybe it's a coincidence, maybe it is not, but the minute Yoongi steps in, the wind stops acting up. Only soft breeze brushes them by and the trees stand obediently still. Yoongi stays near the boy the whole time until the candles burn out and the lid catches on fire. He pulls the boy back to a safe distance, and together they watch the fire rising to their height and swallowing the coffin along with the body lying inside.    ---   When everything's gone, Jimin helps the boy gathering the remain. When no one says anything, Jimin only feels worse.    "I'm sorry again," he murmurs carefully. The boy sighs.    "Stop saying stuffs that can't change a thing."   "I know. What's done is done, but-"   The boy looks him in the eyes. "But what? But you need to say sorry until it makes yourself feel better? It's all about you in the end."   "I didn't mean it like that,"   "I said quit it." The boy stands up. "Yoongi, thank you for everything. I hope you have a safe journey. You too, Taehyung."   "Where are you going?" Jimin asks but the boy ignores him. The former then stands up too and goes after the younger boy. "Wait, just a minute. Where are you going?"   "What else do you want from me? I said I didn't take your stupid necklace!"   "It's not stupid and I know." Jimin grabs the boy by his shoulders to keep him still. "I regret accusing you. I know you're a good person, so please let me repent for my mistake."   "Don't bother. You'll only make my life worse."   "Jungkook,"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter