The Dead Don't Talk

Ablaze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"There's someone outside the door." Taehyung had said. Yoongi replied something but Taehyung spoke again, his chest pounding in the unknown. Fear? Excitement? "Not Jimin. Someone else."

 

Yoongi went out to see. Just as the he had gone, the floor creaked and someone was already inside. All Taehyung's hair stood on its end at the scent. Someone very Yoongi-ish had joined him in the room. 

 

He turned and a girl was standing not so far away. She smiled. He had no idea where she had come from. 

 

"Who are you?" He asked the obvious. 

 

She brushed her hair off her face and looked around the room. She reminded him so much of Jimin, if Jimin had black hair.

 

No.

 

Something clicked inside his mind. She reminded him of Yoongi too—with that ebony hair and pale skin and the red pendent around her neck. 

 

Taehyung had this underlying doubt. This girl is someone significant in both Jimin's and Yoongi's life. 

 

"I should have never let you leave that village alive." She said. Taehyung's body went stiff. He regarded her with more focus. She did not look mad, but she sounded like one. 

 

Had I ever met her before? He tried to recall. How come he had this feeling of familiarity?

 

"Have we met?" He asked her. She looked back at him, for a moment, and then she nodded. 

 

"You were going to be next. Have you forgotten?"

 

Taehyung felt his face hot, his palm sweat. That was impossible since he wasn't even alive anymore. But he felt like he was—at that instant. He looked at the girl one more time, with all his focus and tried to think. 

 

And then her smile sank in. He gasped.

 

She was the witch.

 

"You died." He murmured in disbelief. "Yoongi killed you. I saw it. You were washed away with the water."

 

"How do you kill a water dragon with water?"

 

Taehyung could not wrap his mind around her words just yet. He was still in shocked. This girl looked nothing like the scary old witch from his village. She looked way too young and healthy and—

 

Of course. 

 

She had a necklace. Jimin had one and he stayed young forever. 

 

Of course. Taehyung nodded to himself. They are the epitome of the unbelievable. 

 

"Why are you here?" He asked her, feeling silly and helpless. "Are you here to take revenge on Yoongi? Please don't hurt him."

 

The girl just smiled. "I want you to stay dead," she said. "Can you do that?"

 

"Why?"

 

"Because the dead don't talk." was all she said as her green eyes glowed in the dark. 

 

Her green eyes glowed into Taehyung's soul. 

 

-

 

Jimin and Yoongi are waiting in the front garden for Chaeyong and Hoseok to come out. Yoongi isn't able to sleep all night after the poisonous encounter with the venomous snake outside of Jimin's room. At this point, he believes this half-sister is nothing but another headache. 

 

Just what can she do? How powerful is she?

 

Wait, can she turn??

 

Yoongi's jaw unknowingly hangs low, causing Jimin to stare. 

 

"You okay?"

 

"Oh, I just had a horrible thought." Yoongi shakes his head. "You don't wanna know."

 

"Maybe if you say it, it'll be less horrible for you, as I help share the horribleness."

 

"You can't share my horrible thoughts forever, peach-head."

 

Jimin blushes to himself. It's been such a long while to hear Yoongi call him that. Everything feels just right at that moment—the moment before Chae arrives. 

 

"I love the mood," she says. Yoongi's face fall back to flat in a matter of millisecond whereas Jimin has a bigger smile on his face. 

 

Oh, poor Jimin. Yoongi pities. You have no idea. 

 

"Hi, brothers." Chae greets with a warm—but Yoongi knows it's a fake—smile. "What's so great? Can I know too? I'd love to start my mornings with happiness."

 

Yoongi gags.

 

Jimin giggles, and says, "My Yoongi is back. I'm just happy."

 

Yoongi can swear Chaeyong's momentary glare cuts his skin. He gulps. 

 

"Shut up," he growls. "What's taking Hope so long?"

 

"Oh, he does not go with us." Chae says.

 

"Why not?"

 

Chae doesn't say it, but both Jimin and Yoongi realizes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter