Lion's Den

Ablaze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A/N: hey beautiful readers~  I have started working as a full-time teacher now and I don't get to have much free time anymore. I'm sorry to keep you waiting for update for so long. Please bear with me, for the future chapters might come slower than before. But don't worry I will not give up on this story because #Yoonminislife :D Enjoy this chapter ( ˘ ³˘)❤     "Hobi," she calls. Hoseok quickly looks up from his plate due to the heaviness of her tone.    "Yes, dear?"   "He's coming tomorrow."   Hoseok puts down his spoon, now, and stares straight ahead at the one sitting across him.    "Are you prepared?" He asks, his own heart skipping some beats.    "I'm scared." The person puts down her own spoon and returns the look.    "Don't be."   "I'm scared, brother. What if he wouldn't accept me?"   "He will, Chae." Hoseok finishes with a reassuring smile.    -   Yoongi takes Jimin with him on his journey to the Old Palace. He takes the bus that Hoseok had introduced him to yesterday. However, he and Jimin are sitting in silence, unlike how he and Hoseok were sitting yesterday. Yoongi tells himself not to glance at Jimin, but often time he fails. Whenever he turns to Jimin, he finds the other boy looking out the window with flat expression. He can't tell what is going on in that mind, but he's sure he has a part in it somewhere.    Yoongi still can't get Jimin's crying face out of his mind. He feels attacked, in a way, and he doesn't know what to do. He has never thought that a person so strong can look so vulnerable in a matter of seconds.    And it makes him feel guilty. He has made Jimin cry—twice in one night. And he never apologized.    "Hey," he calls lowly. Jimin cranes his head just enough.    "Yes?"   Great. Now that Jimin has answered, Yoongi doesn't know what to do next—what to say or how to act. He hasn't planned that far. He doesn't even think Jimin would respond.    "The bus," Yoongi breathes in.   "What's with the bus?"   Yeah, what's with the bus, Yoongi? Yoongi grits his teeth.    "It's making me dizzy." He lets his tongue run by itself. Jimin sits up straighter and his face lifts a little.    "You're getting carsick, maybe."   Yoongi nods. He's not even sure what carsick is.    "Should we walk?"   He nods again. Jimin then reaches up and presses the red button. A few seconds later, the bus slows to a stop. They both get off. They're already 3/4 way to the palace yet their walk never feels more prolonged and suffocating. Jimin goes back to not speaking unless spoken to, and Yoongi goes back to swimming in a sea of guilt and regret.   Today Yoongi notice that Jimin is wearing the exact shirt he wore when he first showed up at the castle. It feels like a distant memory already. And it also reminds him that he has never bought anything for Jimin, only the other way around.    "You run out of clothes?" Yoongi shoots out the question randomly. Jimin looks back at him.    "What do you mean?"   "Your shirt. You wore that the first time you came to me. You wear that again today."   Jimin looks down to see what he's wearing. Just one of his many other old shirts. He looks up back at Yoongi. "Looks like we've come full circle."   This time Yoongi frowns. The way Jimin says it—full circle, makes it sound like they are on their way to the ending. That's the only thing Yoongi gets.    "What are you talking about," Yoongi forces out a laugh. He doesn't like to think that the ending is near.    "Look at that palace," Jimin points upward. "Doesn't it remind you of your castle, in a way?"   He's right; it does. "No." Yoongi murmurs. "My castle's way cooler."  
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter