If Fate Had A Name

Ablaze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yoongi!!" Jungkook jumps on Yoongi so hard the older boy almost falls backward. "I miss you!"

 

Yoongi has one of the brightest smile and his arms quickly wrap around the younger boy, returning the affection. 

 

"I miss you more."

 

"What about me?" Jin pops out from behind. Yoongi makes a face and Jin retreats. He goes to Jimin, who accepts him with a big hug. 

 

Yoongi releases Jungkook and feels his face burn seeing Jimin and Jin hugging so intimately, with Jimin burying his face in Jin's neck because of his shorter height. Yoongi glances at Namjoon and for a moment he doesn't smile nor react. 

 

"Hi?" Namjoon carefully greets. Even till now, Yoongi can't forgive Namjoon for what he's done, but he's also isn't mad about it anymore. Namjoon gotta do what he has to, Yoongi knows that very well. If it had been Jimin or Jungkook, Yoongi would push anyone into danger's path too. 

 

Yoongi stares for another while before he breaks into a soft smile. "Hey, you."

 

Namjoon smiles too and the tension eases. "How was the palace? Who did you meet?"

 

"Does the Queen still live there?" Jungkook chimes in. "Did you get to meet her?"

 

"No," a voice replies. Yoongi glances sideway to find Chaeyong and Hoseok finally arriving. When he said he wanted to come home, Chae said she would catch up later. He now wonders what kind of things she had gone off to do.

 

"The Queen does not live there anymore. She has long passed." Chaeyong replies with her signature dragon-like smile. 

 

Namjoon in a shaky breath, his head starts to spin. He knows Chaeyong. 

 

"Hello, everybody." She greets. "It is my pleasure to finally get to meet my brothers' friends. My name is Chae Yong."

 

"Brothers?" Jin mirrors. He frowns at Jimin. "She's your- Really?"

 

"Yoongi's and mine, yes."

 

Jin frowns even harder. "What? How?"

 

"I believe we have a lot to discuss," Chae gestures at the door. "May I enter? Hoseok and I would like a glass of water, please. It has been warm day."

 

"Is Hoseok also your-"

 

Jimin pushes Jin through the door, murmuring something along the way. The rest follow closely after.

 

-

 

With 2 glass of water placed on the coffee table and the boys all seated, Chae gets a better view of each of them. Jin still looks and acts the same. Maybe that's the type of person he is—no matter what situation, he's always remaining true to himself. And he still looks as pure as ever, as if the past dreadful years in Eden had never happened. 

 

Chae moves on to Jungkook, who doesn't seem older than 15. She can almost smell baby powder from him. She remembers him as well, as he was also at Eden on that faithful day. It could have been him instead of the other one, since it doesn't really matter to Chae who shall die—as long as she can sever one of the attached bonds.

 

Jungkook seems like a smart kid and that's what Chae hates. She hated it when Taehyung was smart and could be a potential threat to her. Now she hates that Jungkook is alive. But Yoongi and Jimin seem equally so smitten with him that she doesn't want to take that away just yet.

 

And then there's Namjoon. Oh, how can she ever forget Namjoon, her dear sweet child who has always done as told. Namjoon only saw her once, when he was barely a teen. She remembers his face when the bullet made a hole in his mother's throat, for the woman begged too much and it irritated Chae. 

 

And when the first bullet grazed by and the second went through his father's temple, oh how Namjoon had looked was something Chae can never forget. The distraught, the despair, the pain in his eyes as they replaced hope, the first teardrop he shed. Chae wishes she had that moment captured for later view. It was inhuman somehow, but who cares when she isn't even human to begin with. 

 

And then there's Jimin and Yoongi. 

 

Yoongi must be proud he had stabbed someone that day—back at the village. Sometimes when the weather gets cold Chae can still feel the wound aching. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter