The Moon Belongs in the Sky

Ablaze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"He is being rather annoying, now." Chae says. Hoseok pauses his reading and turns to study his sister. She seems tense. It's rare to see her like that, and a part of him is amused to know that even in his death Taehyung still manages to be an obstacle to them.

"It doesn't matter. He's still dead." Hoseok says.

Chae bites her lower lip. Being dead is not good enough anymore. She wants him gone.

-

"Yoongi is rather acting distant, don't you think?" Jimin recalls what Chaeyong had said to him during their morning walk. She was quite saddened by Yoongi's attempt not to interact with her and that made Jimin feel bad. She is their sister after all, no matter the mixture.

"He just has a lot of thoughts," Jimin had tried to reassure her. "He'll open up soon."

"You don't think he hates me, do you?"

"What? No!"

"He's fine with Hoseok though, and that makes me think."

"No, he doesn't hate you." Jimin wonders, now, why he had said that. He doesn't know what Yoongi thinks of Chae. For all he knows, Yoongi isn't that fond of her in the first place. But he just didn't want to upset his sister even more, for it has been such a very long time since he has met a family member.

"Do you hate me?" Chae had asked him. He could feel his ears slightly emit heat upon hearing the question. He didn't make an effort to sneak a look at Hoseok, who was walking a step behind them, either. He was shy all of a sudden.

"Of course not."

Jimin sighs and turns to the other side of the bed. Hate is a strong word. He's certain he doesn't hate Chae.

And it's silly because that leads him to let his guard down around her.

He can't remember much what they had talked about after that—after Chae had smiled at his answer. What he recalls now is that she had promised to take him and Yoongi out to the city the next morning.

There's a light knock on the door. Jimin sits up and waits. He's about to go back to sleep when there seem to be no more knocking, but then a small voice calls.

"Are you awake?"

His heart swells with joy.

"Yes, come in."

It takes Yoongi a few seconds to finally open the door and come inside. He regards Jimin for another few seconds before he closes the door.

"Why aren't you asleep yet?"

Jimin subtly scoots over to make room for Yoongi on the bed. "Asked the one who is in my room in the middle of the night."

"I had a nightmare." Yoongi murmurs. "And I was thirsty I don't know where to get water."

"Am I a fountain?"

"Shut up, I didn't intend to come here." Yoongi plops down on the bed anyway despite his internal conflict. "I was trying to go outside but before I knew it I ended up in front of your room."

Jimin can't hide his smile. Suddenly their petty fight this noon is a distant memory. "You can say the truth, I won't judge."

Yoongi kicks him on his leg, under the cover. "When did you get so full of yourself?"

Jimin kicks back and giggles. The silence takes over them, and the room becomes tranquil. The moonlight from the window illuminates the steady up and down of Jimin's chest. What time is it now? They have a whole day ahead tomorrow yet here he is, bothering Jimin from having his rest.

"I'm here to apologize," Yoongi says after much contemplating.

Jimin replies quietly. "For what?"

"For overreacting."

"And?"

"…and doubting you."

"And?"

Yoongi looks over. "I think that's all? Was there something else I did?"

Jimin grins. "That's all, then."

"Yah~"

"That's all," Jimin repeats. "Apology accepted, Yoongi."

"Good. But next time don't do that again."

Jimin props himself up on one arm. "Excuse me? That's my line!"

"I said it first. I own it now."

"But you're the one apologizing."

"That's only because I value our relationship more than my own pride and I don't want it to be ruined by some new faces."

Relationship. How strange. It could mean anything, yet Jimin can't help but overanalyze.

"They're our siblings, Yoongi. It'd be nice if we can all get along."

"I'm trying but it's hard." Yoongi starts whining. "Do you know how hard it is to look at Chaeyong? She takes too much after mother!"

Jimin chuckles. It's good to hear Yoongi talk about his mother without the contempt in his tone. On other note, Chaeyong does look like Hwa. In fact, Jimin almost lost his breath the fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter