Father's Son

Ablaze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaeyong is standing there, directly blocking the exit. 

 

Jimin has dragged Yoongi out of bed without much word this dawn, and Yoongi has no choice but to stumble along while being so sleepy. Jin and Jungkook have followed and know not to ask questions after seeing Jimin's grim expression. They also have not questioned why Namjoon is nowhere to be seen. Judging by Jin's hollow eyes, he figures. 

 

"Wait, are we leaving?" Yoongi asks when he realizes they are heading toward the main gate. "I thought you wanted to-"

 

"Change of plan." Jimin's answer is short. He glares at Chaeyong, who is returning an innocent smile. She is still shamelessly donning the mask of good. 

 

"What is she doing there?"

 

Jimin reaches for Yoongi and pulls him behind. 

 

"Ji-"

 

"Almost missed you, brothers." Chae speaks, her voice ripples through the air and manages to send chills down everyone's spine. "Good thing I didn't sleep last night. Had a fun time." 

 

Behind her, Jimin spots Hoseok. What's bizarre about him is the way he stands; his arms are up to his neck and his side respectively, his hands curl in a pose as if he's holding something. He doesn't budge but occasionally his hands shake and he hisses to the air. He looks sort of pissed. 

 

"Let us go, Chae." Jimin speaks up. He has no idea what this girl is planning and he doesn't want to stay and find out anymore. Understanding? Forgiveness? Screw that. What she's done to Namjoon has erased all the forgiveness and understanding Jimin was ready to give her. It's the final nail in his coffin. 

 

"It saddens me that you plan to leave without a word. I spent such a long time waiting for you." The haunting of her voice makes Yoongi look at her. He doesn't think it's possible, but earlier he is sure he saw Hoseok holding Taehyung by his throat. But he looks again and Hoseok is just standing there, alone. Is his mind playing trick with him again? Or is it Chaeyong?

 

"If I didn't know better, I would think my own brothers hated me." She continues. "That's impossible, right brothers? You can't hate me."

 

Jimin scoffs. This is the first time Yoongi sees him with such sinister expression. The gentle and soft Jimin is now glaring at their half-sister with so much hatred and remorse that it even scares Yoongi himself. What does Jimin know that makes him like this?

 

But despite all the hate on his face, Jimin's grip is still gentle on Yoongi. 

 

"Drop it, Chae. I know what you've done. Taehyung and Namjoon have told me everything." 

 

Yoongi perks up from behind. Jimin talks to Taehyung too? But what about Namjoon? What happened? He didn't see him all morning. Did they forget him at the house?

 

"Namjoon's not here." Yoongi murmurs. Jimin just nods.

 

"How can they tell you? The dead don't talk, brother, I've made sure of that."

 

"Namjoon isn't dead," Yoongi responds almost too quickly. And then something sinks in and he can feel his heart drop. He pulls Jimin to face him and without a word, Jimin manages to answer all of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter