You Are Not My Responsibility

Ablaze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taehyung tries so hard to shout, to scream, to do anything just to get his voice heard even for a split second. He's done his hardest but everything always goes to waste. 

 

Like this time. 

 

He tries to hold on to Namjoon's arm as he's leaving but his touch falls through. He's watching the older male walking out the door, knowing all too well he's walking to his end. Although Taehyung still hates him very much, he can't just sit back and wait for Namjoon to get himself killed. 

 

He knows that girl isn't going to be very gentle about it either.  

 

"What are you doing? Namjoon, stop." He calls after him, but his words are empty—can't be heard nor felt by the older male. 

 

"Stop!!"

 

Taehyung slides down and rests on the floor. Tears brim his eyes. Soon, Namjoon will join him here—on this side. He's lonely, sure, but he also doesn't want any company. 

 

He doesn't want anyone else to end up like him.  

 

"Namjoon… Don't go!"

 

-

 

"Wha-" Jimin jerks awake, clenching at his chest. He looks around. He's in his bedroom, his roommate Jin is fast asleep. What was that? He feels like his heart was ripped out of his chest. Was it a dream? 

 

Jimin looks around again. 

 

Just… what was that?

 

It felt like…

 

No.

 

He shakes his head. 

 

It must be his head playing with him.

 

That can't be Taehyung's voice. 

 

He looks around one more time. The room feels different. He looks over to Jin again, and although Jin's on the other side of the room, Jimin feels like someone is right at his side trying to tell him something. 

 

He breathes, his words shaky. "Tae, is that you?"

 

Taehyung cups his mouth. Jimin still can't see him but that question. That question. 

 

Jimin has felt his words. 

 

-

 

Yoongi's been trying his best not to make eye contact with the little girl hanging from the ceiling. He knows—and is scared to his wits—the fact that this is another spirit like Taehyung. 

 

"Psst!" The little girl smiles at him. Yoongi pretends he doesn't hear her. "Hey, where's your friend? I don't see him around lately."

 

Yoongi looks to the window. Is she referring to Taehyung?

 

"Hey, big brother. Did your friend cross over?"

 

He perks up and looks at her. "Cross over? What do you mean?"

 

The little girl lets go of one hand and is now hanging with just her other hand. "I'm just saying. Who knows. You don't know where he is too?"

 

"Are you talking about Taehyung?"

 

"Yes, that friend."

 

"Ah," Yoongi shakes his head. "I don't know where he is either."

 

This is so weird, he tells himself. Why is he talking to a ghost? Jimin would think he's crazy. And maybe he'd be right. 

 

The little girl raises her eyebrows. "Really? Maybe it's something the princess said."

 

"The princess?"

 

"Tall, skinny, long hair. She was here. She scared me so I didn't stay to hear what they were discussing about."

 

"You're telling me Chae spoke to Taehyung? Here in this room?"

 

She nods. 

 

"When? How come I didn't know?"

 

"Oh, big brother. There are so many things you do not know. The princess has her ways."

 

"Whatever it was she did to Taehyung, I'm going to make her pay double."

 

"Be careful of that one." The little girl changes her tone. She places a finger to her lips, "Those whom she touches never recover, and those to whom she spoke never return. If you're smart, learn not to look into her eye-" the spirit pauses abruptly. "You two have the same eyes… Are you-" she gasps. "The dragon! Oh, no, no, no. I've said too much! She will banish me."

 

"Wha-" before Yoongi can say anything, the little girl disappears like thin air. What was that about?

 

Yoongi sighs and lies back down on his bed. He knows Chae has her ways, he knows all too well now. But he can't wrap his head around the fact that this girl dared to approach Taehyung for whatever reason that is. Once he finds out what she had said, he will not let her off. No one shall mess with Taehyung. 

 

Not again. 

 

The door creeps open and an uncertain Jimin pokes his head inside. He lets out a relief sigh when he sees that Yoongi is not sleeping. 

 

Yoongi murmurs, "You forgot to knock."

 

Jimin oh-s, and then goes back outside. A second later, Yoongi hears a knock. He smiles to himself. 

 

"Yes, come in."

 

Jimin enters. He doesn't say much he just goes straight to the bed and hops in beside Yoongi. His hand brushes Yoongi's and the other one feels the coldness. He turns,

 

"Your hand is cold,"

 

"I'm cold."

 

"Come closer. Let my mythical blood warm up your cold, dead heart."

 

Jimin rolls his eyes although he wants to chuckle. "I freaking hate you."

 

I hate you more. Yoongi smiles to himself. He wonders to himself sometimes, about why he can't seem to stop smiling whenever Jimin says something. There are times when his stomach goes all gooey too, and his chest heavy and hot. He doesn't understand the meaning behind those symptoms; he only knows who causes it. 

 

"Why are you in my room, Jimin? Again in the middle of the night."

 

"I want to tell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter