Moral Support

Reality vs Illusion

"Would you stop yelling, Shori?" Chicken Basket's manager frowned to his future brother-in-law. As soon as Shori had come into work on Monday, he was yelling at their manager about convincing him to go on the date. "Besides, I told you to go on the date, I never once said to fall in love with him. That was all you!"

"He's right, you know?" Amu agrees. Shori glares at him.

"Shut up, you're not even part of this." Shori retorts, sending Amu off to go get ready before turning to their manager again. "What do I do about this? He wants an answer."

"Give him an answer." The reply was simple that it made Shori angrier.

"How am I supposed to? I don't know what to answer him with."

"Maybe this will help. The customer service was only for one date, nothing more. So, you don't have to worry about that part anymore, just give him an honest answer."

"I can't! I've fallen for him..." Shori frowns. "Who started this whole thing anyway?"

"Yasui did." The other boys and their manager answers all together.

"He's the one I should be blaming then..." Shori looks around for the boy, spotting him entering through the back door of the restaurant. "There you are! You know you got me into some trouble?"

"Not now, Shori, I'm not in the mood." Kentaro replies to him and for the first time that day, Shori realizes his friend isn't bright or cheerful like usual. He was indeed in a bad mood.

"What happened?" Shori asks, deciding to hold off his anger towards the older boy for now.

"I broke things off with Keigo." Kentaro answered him only to be greeted by a confused look from the younger boy. "I mean our friendship."

"Why though? You two have been friends since you were children, why would you suddenly break a friendship like that?"

"Because I couldn't take it anymore, Shori. I hate how cold he is to me now and I thought I could win him over again, but I've been trying for so long and still achieved nothing. I was really happy on Friday when he called me, saying that he misses me and asking for help on his homework, but..."

"But?" Shori and the others ask. Kentaro looks up at them, realizing that not only Shori was listening anymore, but all of Chicken Basket and their manager.

"But, he only said he missed me to get me to come over there and after I had helped him, he became all cold to me again... I really couldn't take it, so I just broke off our friendship." As Kentaro finished, his phone rang. Taking it out of his pocket, he frowned at the caller, tossing the phone on the cushioned seat and going to get his outfit to change into. Shori takes a look at the caller to find that it's Keigo. When the phone stops ringing, he sees that it wasn't the first time that his classmate had called. He had called about ten other times, this was the eleventh time. Thinking back to the school day, Shori did notice him on his phone in between classes and during their lunch break. Now he knew why, he was most likely trying to get a hold of Kentaro.

"You know he has been calling you all day, right?" Shori asks Kentaro once he returns. The older boy nods, stowing his phone into his bag again.

"He left texts too."

"Did you read them?"

"I did when i went to go turn on my phone and saw the lock screen, but he doesn't know that since it doesn't give the warning that the message has been read if you do it like that."

"If he's calling and texting so much, clearly he wants your attention, isn't that right?"

"He's just going to be cold again once he knows that everything is fine between us, Shori. I'd rather not answer just to have that happen again." Shori frowns at Kentaro's words, thinking there's more to this than meets the eye.

"Shori." Myuto calls him over and Shori blinks at him but goes to where he is. "That was Keigo who called him, wasn't it?" Shori nods, about to ask how he knew. "Just a hunch." Myuto answers like he can read Shori's mind. "Anyway... You may not have noticed this in class, but... He was upset. I didn't know why at the time and he refused to talk about it. But, after hearing what happened on Friday between the two of them, I'm guessing he's upset because of Kentaro ignoring him."

"Maybe..." Shori nods in agreement. "There's something wrong here..."

"What do you mean?"

"Something that Kentaro isn't seeing. Or something that Hagiya isn't seeing... Or both." Shori explains.

"Like... There's a reason to why Keigo's so cold to Kentaro?" Myuto asks and Shori nods.

"And his reasoning is something that Kentaro doesn't see. And because he doesn't see it, he doesn't feel that he's doing anything wrong even if he's unintentionally hurting Hagiya." Shori finishes. 

"So... a circuit affect?"

"Exactly! It just keeps going because neither one of them stops it."

"Then... Shall we help them stop it?"

"Of course we should." Shori nods in agreement as they're called on to the stage to perform. After the performance, they go help Amu with the food. And once again to Shori's bad luck, he gets the table with his friends. Faking a smile, he goes up to the table and serves the food.

"Dani, have you thought over what I said?" Fuma asks, making Marius look at Shori questioningly. 

"Sorry... I was busy and a little stressed to think it over properly, I'll get back to you when I can though, I promise. And since you guys are always here, you'll know soon." Shori hadn't noticed it before, but this time, Kento wasn't with the group. "Aren't there usually four of you though?"

"Oh, you noticed?" Sou asks as Shori nods. "He had something to do, so we came without him." Shori nods, understandingly but frowning and thinking that his boyfriend is always busy these days. Not as busy as him, but still.

"Anyway..." Fuma starts, bringing Shori out of his thoughts again. "It's alright, you can take as long as you need. Just... Not like a month or two long."

"Don't worry, I won't take that long." Shori assures him, going back to the kitchen to get more orders.

After their jobs were done with, the members of Chicken Basket were hanging around the restaurant, too tired to do anything else. It wasn't like the manager minded anyway, since they were the reason that the restaurant was still running. Looking around, Shori notices that most of his friends weren't in the best mood. Not that he was in a better position. But, he was their leader, so it was his responsibility to make sure the guys were all doing well. And that meant emotionally too. "Guys, what's wrong?" He questions them.

"You already know about me." Kentaro points out, looking to the other boys, silently telling them to share their problems.

"Yes, and you should talk to him and try to work out a solution." Shori retorts, looking to the other boys. "Anyone want to share?"

"Okay, I guess I'll go." Jinguji volunteers. "It's Genki. He's upset because of Sera and... I just don't know what to do. I hate seeing him all upset. And the worst part is, it's my fault since I'm Sera."

"You should tell him the truth." Shori advises. "Not about Sera, but that you like him."

"Yeah, like that's ever going to happen!" Jinguji retorts harshly.

"Calm down, dude. He's just worried about you, same with me." Amu frowns at Jinguji.

"I know... I'm sorry, Shori."

"It's fine, anyone else want to go?" Shori looks around, setting his gaze on to Aran and Fu.

"We're just a bit salty about Kishi and Kaito, that's all." Fu answers for both of them. "Especially this one." He motions to Aran.

"You didn't see them kiss, that's why!" Aran shoots back at him. "It's annoying to see."

"You two seriously have to move on..." Shori sighs as the others nod in agreement.

"What about you, Shori?" Takuto asks. Shori blinks at him.

"What about me?"

"How did the date with Fuma go?" The older boy clarifies, making the other boys look at him curiously. Shori feels the blood rushing to his cheeks as he thinks about the date. For a second, he wants to punch Takuto for mentioning it and making him feel this way. But, he can't do that without seeming suspicious, so he sighs.

"It was great." 

"Just great? Wow, you really didn't plan on enjoying it, did you?" Takuto laughs.

"I did enjoy it." Shori nods. "A little too much that when he kissed me, I fell for him."

"What?" Both Kentaro and Takuto ask, blinking at him with surprise. They knew Shori was going on the date with Fuma, but they thought knew he wouldn't do anything to cheat on Kento, so they weren't that worried about his side of the date even when knowing that Fuma would try something. So this was definitely shocking to them.

"Oh, now who's the worst?" Aran asks as Shori glares at him.

"I didn't mean to fall for him, I was intending not to!"

"And do you think I wanted to fall for Kishi who already has Kaito? And what about Aran? Do you think he wanted to fall for Kaito when knowing that he has Kishi?" Fu questions. Shori notes that the youngest boy did have a point. It wasn't their fault who they fell for.

"Anyway... Clearly all of you need help. And only Ryuya, Myuto, Amu, and I can provide that help!" Takuto smiled. 

"What are you going to do?" Shori asks.

"I'll talk to Kento. Convince him to take you on more dates and such so he can win you back without knowing that he lost you." Takuto smiles at Shori.

"And I'll talk to Genki." Amu smiles at Jinguji. "If you won't tell him yourself that you like him, I'll drop hints for him to figure out himself."

"Thanks, then I'll do the same with Reia."

"Huh?"

"If you keep helping us like this, you'll never get Reia, so I'll help you with him since you're helping me with Genki." Jinguji explains to Amu.

"I guess that leaves the couple and Keigo to us, right?" Myuto asks.

"Why Keigo?" Kentaro blinks. "I've already dealt with that..."

"No, you're avoiding that." Myuto corrects him. "Don't worry about it though, I'll make him come to you if you won't go to him."

"Don't you dare!" Kentaro growls in vain because Myuto is ignoring him.

"Alright, then I've got the couple." Ryuya nods, taking the last of the members' problems into his own hands.

"Not for the first time, I'm actually glad that we formed Chicken Basket." Shori smiles. "I do have great friends other than you guys, but still. This moral support is great." The others agree as the door of the restaurant is knocked on. 

"Who could that be? We're already closed, can't they read the sign?" Amu huffs, going to the door and opening it to find two boys he didn't know but guessed would know them. "Can I help you two?" He asks them sweetly.

"We know you're closed, but... I need to talk to Dani." The boy who looked younger explained, looking behind Amu in Shori's direction. Shori knew this talk would come sooner or later and sighed, walking to where Amu was.

"It's okay, I don't mind." He told Amu before taking the boy out of the restaurant with him.

"Okay..." Amu could only roll his eyes and Shori before looking to the other boy. "And what about you?"

"I need to talk to Kelly." The other boy replies.

"Kelly." Amu calls. "There's someone looking for you." Soon, Kentaro is beside Amu, frowning at the boy that was in front of them.

"What would you like to talk about so late, Keigo?" Kentaro asks as Amu chokes on air at the mention of the other boy's name. And suddenly, he feels really bad for actually having called Kentaro over, knowing that he will probably get some kind of revenge later for it.

"I just... Needed someone to talk to." Keigo answers. "About something really important. And I thought maybe I could talk to you. Is that okay?"

"Sorry, I'm... Really not in the mood today for extra work..." Kentaro frowns at him, making Amu frown at him too. "Talk to one of the other girls though, I'm sure they're willing to help."

"I'm sure they are, but... I got to spend time with you and I know you better than them, so I feel like I can trust you more."

"Sorry then..." Kentaro shakes his head, walking away. Amu glances over at the older boy as he walks away before looking to Keigo, seeing him frown before trying to call someone. Most likely Kentaro. After a while, there was no answer and Keigo's frown got deeper.

"I'll be going then. Thank you though." He bowed to Amu and left as Amu closed the door behind him after calling to Shori that he would leave it unlocked so he could get in when he was done with his friend.

"What happened with Fuma?" Marius asks Shori when they're far enough from the restaurant but not too far that they couldn't hear Amu calling to them. 

"He kissed me and..." Shori started but Marius interrupted him.

"You liked it, didn't you?" Shori nods as the younger boy sighs, saying something in German. Shori guesses it's a curse by the look on his face, but he can't actually tell. "What about Kento?"

"He doesn't know yet and lets hope it stays like that. Please don't tell him, Marius! And don't tell Fuma I'm Dani either." Shori pleaded with the younger, half-Japanese boy.

"I won't tell them anything because one, I'm your friend and I don't want our whole group to fall apart because of this. And two, because I want to see how this will play out." Marius answers. "Sou knows though. About you being Dani, not about the kiss you shared with Fuma."

"How does he..." Shori starts but gets interrupted again.

"He's my best friend and boyfriend, you think I can keep that kind of secret from him?"

 


 

A/N: Okay, triple update, I lied earlier! Anyway, next chapter is going to mainly be about our supporting characters with the main characters helping them out. So, they're basically going to switch roles for one chapter. I hope you guys enjoy that!