Shori's Choice

Reality vs Illusion

In the meantime, Fuma kept an eye on Shori, hoping his friend would get over his depression. After a week or two, Shori seemed fine. But, the older boy wanted to wait a little more to be sure. In the end, that was the right thing to do. He soon found out that Shori wasn't as fine as he made himself out to be. The younger boy never showed it at school anymore, but since Kento and Fuma had decided to let Shori decide, the oldest boy invited the other four to hang out with him. That's when Fuma noticed. It wasn't Kento's first time inviting the others out. And just like every other time before this one, Shori refused, saying that he had something to do. Knowing the boy for years, Fuma could easily tell that he was trying to avoid the oldest boy. For what reason though, he didn't know.

After giving Shori the few weeks that he promised Kento he would, Fuma finally asked. It was a rainy Monday morning and he was waiting at school for the younger boy to show up. When the younger boy came into the classroom a minute before the bell, Fuma felt that his friend's mood was as bad as the weather outside. If it was because of Kento or the fact that it was a Monday, he didn't know. But, he knew he couldn't find out now, let alone talk to the boy since he had come so late and class was going to start soon.

So, Fuma took their lunch break as his opportunity. "Shori." He called out to the younger boy, getting his attention. Shori looked up at him, his brown eyes silently asking the other what he wanted. "Can I talk to you? On the roof, perhaps?" The younger boy only nods, letting his friend lead him to the roof of the school. As they walked, Fuma thought about how he would ask Shori on the date, let alone get him to agree on the date.

"So?" The younger boy asks his friend once the two have made it to the rooftop. The other only sighed, knowing it was now or never. And if he never did it, Kento would be on his case too. Or even worse, he could take Shori back. "What did you want to talk to me about?" Shori continues, seeing that Fuma wasn't listening to him.

"Lets hang out. You haven't hung out with us for a while." The older boy smiles.

"By us, do you mean everyone? Sou, Marius, and you... And..." The boy couldn't finish his sentence and Fuma saw that.

"Kento? Yeah, I mean all of us." Fuma nods. But, when he saw the sadness in Shori's eyes, he knew that the other would reject the offer. "Don't worry, it's just going to be the two of us. I promise."

"Hanging out or... A date?" The younger asks, being a little suspicious of his friend. He had every right to be.

"A date. Please, give me a chance? Maybe this will also help you. You know, forgetting Kento." Fuma hoped that he didn't just screw everything up by saying that line, since he didn't even know if that's what Shori wanted. To his relief though, Shori nodded in agreement.

"Maybe... Alright, I'll give you a chance." Fuma was more than excited, expressing his appreciation towards the younger boy with a kiss on the cheek, which the other just smiled at. "I'll try to get off work early so that we're not limited with our options, okay?" With that said, the younger walks back to their class, leaving his friend more thrilled than he's been in a long time.

"You seem happier today." Jinguji points out to Shori as he's fixing his wig in the mirror. The older boy only blinks at him innocently as a reply. He hadn't noticed it, but maybe, just mabye, he did feel a twinge of happiness about the date with Fuma. "Is it because you get to leave early today?"

"You know about that?" Shori asks.

"Everyone knows about it." Fu comments. "Why are you going so early though? I'm kind of curious."

"Just a date. To try and get over Kento. And, I want to give him a real chance, so I can't go after work, since most places are closed by that time." Shori explains to the youngest boy in the room.

"Him meaning Fuma?" Takuto asks as Shori nods. The older boy frowns at him, looking over to Kentaro with a worried look. The oldest only waves it off, motioning for the other to check his phone. When Takuto does, he sees that there's a message from the older boy.

"It's okay. Kento and Fuma agreed to let Shori choose, that's why Fuma is taking him out now."

Takuto looks over to his friend after reading the message, nodding to let him know that he finally understood. "Anyway, guys... I have something important to tell everyone." Shori announces suddenly. All of the boys looked over to Shori, wondering what he had to say. "I want to disband Chicken Basket."

"What?" Everyone asks him, the shock on their faces was as plain as day.

"I gave it a lot of thought, I really did." Shori starts, not wanting any one of the other Chicken Basket members to get the wrong idea of why he had suggested such a thing. "And, you guys were right. We should have stopped a long time ago. We've heard a lot of people, right? So, instead of hurting more people or waiting for that to actually happen, lets just stop all of this."

"Wouldn't that mean that our friendship would end then? I mean... Even at school, we don't hang out. Kentaro and Takuto also go to university." Aran points out.

"No, our friendship won't end." Shori shakes his head. "We'll still work here, but... Not as Chicken Basket. We'll just be regular waiters. How does that sound?" The other boys just look at each other questioningly. Truth be told, Amu included, the crossdressing didn't bother them as much as it once did. And, they should've been happy that their leader finally agreed to disband Chicken Basket. But, for some unknown reason, they weren't happy about it.

"Yeah, lets end it." Amu agrees, much to the others' surprise. Amu just motions to Shori and the other boys turn to the older boy. Shori blinks at them with confusion, but they see where Amu is coming from now. Not only did Chicken Basket hurt their other friends, it hurt Shori as well.

"We agree too. Let's quit." Jinguji nods, following Amu's lead. The rest follow their lead with a nod. "We have to tell our many fans though."

"We'll do it now. Treat this as our last performance and give it everything we have. Serve them with the biggest smiles we have, and then, be done with Chicken Basket forever." Shori explains to everyone. "Sound good?"

"Yeah." Everyone agrees.

Once everyone was ready, they went out and Shori took a mic. "Hello everyone." He greets the customers and they all greet him back excitedly. "I'm sorry to say that this is Chicken Basket's last show." Shori notices Kaito's stunned face as the customers all start their protests. "Trust me, we love you guys, but... We've decided this because of personal reasons. Please don't stop supporting this place though, okay?" With that said, Shori motions to Amu who plays the music for Watashi no Okite for the last time. Just as Shori had instructed, the boys danced the best they ever had before.

After the performance they quickly went into the kitchen, gathering up plates of orders. They followed Shori's instructions again, giving the customers the brightest smiles they could, silently thanking them for all their support as they served the food out. "Sera, what's going on?" Kaito asks Jinguji as he's picking up another order from the kitchen.

"What do you mean?" Jinguji asks his friend. "And, you don't need to call me that when we're inside the kitchen."

"You know what I mean, Jin! Why are you guys disbanding Chicken Basket all of a sudden?"

"Because it hurt some of the most important people in our lives." It wasn't Jinguji, but Aran who had answered Kaito. Jinguji nods, taking the order and leaving the two in the kitchen.

"What about your fans?" Aran said nothing else though. He didn't even look in Kaito's direction as he picked up another order, following Jinguji out into the restaurant again.

Shori got to leave way before the others did. Of course, he had already served plenty of customers, since it wouldn't be fair to leave them without serving them when it was their last day as Chicken Basket. Being excited for the date, he changed quickly and made his escape through the back door, making sure no one saw him. In all the excitement, he realized that he was twenty minutes earlier than the time that Fuma said he would pick up the younger boy. Sighing, he waited for the other to come. Once he did, Shori found himself getting into the car and asking Fuma where they were going. Of course, Fuma wouldn't say where, making Shori pout at him with frustration. "You did your homework though, right?"

"Some, why?" The younger boy asks.

"Because the date may take a while..."

"That's fine, don't worry."

"Alright." The older boy nods as he continues driving. The drive would have felt like forever if the two didn't talk and listen to the radio. But when Shori saw the sign saying they were leaving Tokyo, he turned to Fuma in question. 

"Where are we going?"

"A little out of Tokyo. Don't worry, I'm not kidnapping you or anything." Fuma promises with a little chuckle. Shori only shakes his head at his friend.

"I wasn't thinking that at all." 

"Sure." Fuma smiles. Within twenty more minutes, Fuma was driving away from the highway and into some lots of green space. It looked like one of the rare spots that wasn't touched by mankind, left to change by nature itself. In other words, it was a beautiful place. When Fuma parked the car, Shori got out, looking around at their surroundings. "Like it?" He hears the older boy ask and turns around to see him holding a basket.

"Yeah, it's really nice." Shori nods as Fuma takes his hand, leading him to a big tree and sitting under it. The basket was opened and Shori saw that the older boy had packed for a picnic. He helped getting the place set up. Once they were, the two ate the sandwiches that Fuma had packed. They talked normally as they ate, but the older boy kept giving his friend affectionate glances. He wasn't going to try anything yet, in case Shori decided to reject him. He wanted the date to be mostly over with before doing anything and letting Shori decide.

Unknown to him though, Shori had noticed the affectionate glances and was trying his best to give Fuma the chance that he had promised earlier. He was pushing back all thoughts of Kento just to have fun today. The sandwiches finished quickly and Fuma pulled out a container with sliced watermelon pieces inside. Shori took one piece, taking a bite out of it happily.

Once all of the food was gone, the older boy suggested to go on a walk as he looked at the time. It was almost sunset, so he lead the way to a small beach-like area that Shori hadn't noticed before. When he looked down, he noticed that the older boy had grabbed on to his hand, lacing their fingers together as they walked. Even if they were in silence, it wasn't uncomfortable at all. After a while, Fuma stopped, making Shori blink at him questioningly. The older boy only nudged his head to the side, silently telling Shori to look in the said direction.

He looked and saw a beautiful sunset. Sure, he has seen many sunsets before, but the water reflected the light beautifully, making the scene surreal. Surreal in a good way, of course. As he was admiring the sunset, Shori felt arms circle around his waist to pull him closer and a head gently resting on his shoulder. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" Fuma whispered into his ear and he can only nod as an answer. "Though, I have to admit, I've seen much more beauty."

"Hm? Where?"

"Within you. You're much more beautiful than the sunset." The older boy smiles, making Shori blush and look away with embarrassment. He should have expected something like that after dating Kento for a whole year. The fact that he didn't catch on sooner and was now flustered was frustrating. Fuma's satisfied chuckle didn't help Shori's case either. "I love you, Shori." He hears Fuma whisper into his ear before the older boy cups his chin, making Shori face him. He could only search Fuma's eyes for what the older boy wanted to do, though he already had a pretty good idea. And his hunch was proven when Fuma leaned in, pressing an affectionately gentle kiss upon his lips.

 


 

A/N: DONE! Okay, so... Leave comments about who you want Shori to choose, Kento or Fuma. Oh, also Kishi~ Kaito or Fu? If there are no comments, I'll write it the way I want it to end. Anyway, I'm going to edit some chapters and am going to study for upcoming tests, so I won't update for a while, giving you guys lots of time to comment.