Customer Service

Reality vs Illusion

"Um..." Kentaro didn't have an answer. Don't get him wrong, he would love to go on a date with his crush. But, as Kelly, he just didn't know if he could. One, because it would probably cause trouble for him later on. And two, because he wanted Keigo to like him being himself, not as Kelly. "I'll go ask my manager, alright?" The younger nods as Kentaro gets up and goes back to the kitchen where the restaurant manager, Chicken Basket's manager, and Amu were still busy cooking as the other Chicken Basket members came in/went out with trays of food and drinks to serve the customers.

"What are you doing, Yasui? Get some orders." Amu motions to the trays already made and ready to serve.

"I have to ask the manager something." Kentaro waves the younger boy off, looking at their manager. "Can the customer go on a date with us?"

"If they pay, they can." Their manager nods.

"Why if they pay? They don't have to pay for autographs or pictures, so why for a date?" Kentaro blinks in confusion, not understanding what was going through their manager's mind.

"First of all, because you boys aren't employees at a bar that just anyone can pick up, you're waitresses and performers. So if they want anything else other than a picture or an autograph when you serve them their food, they have to pay additional fees." Their manager explains to the boy, making him surprised that their manager thought so highly of them despite not even knowing all of them for a month. "And second, anything can happen on a date, especially if you go like that." The manager motions to how Kentaro looked at the moment. "So, if anything were to happen to you, the money is the pension."

"Are you saying that I can be replaced with two thousand or three thousand yen?" Kentaro was shocked at what he was hearing.

"Of course not! You have fans, they wouldn't want to see someone replace you." The manager says, understanding what Kentaro must be thinking. "I mean the pension for your work load. If you're not here, then of course we will have more work to do. So, they have to pay us for taking you away from us, get it?"

"Got it." Kentaro nods in agreement, taking a tray in each hand and leaving the kitchen. He serves the food to their respective tables and takes pictures with the customers who want pictures with him before he goes back to Keigo, who is waiting for him. 

"So?" The younger boy asks.

"If you can pay two thousand to three thousand more yen, you can take me out on a date." Kentaro replies.

"Only that much?" Keigo asks.

"Do you want to pay more?" Kentaro raises a brow at the younger boy. "I don't think the manager would mind if you did."

"That's not what i meant... But, here, take this." The younger boy gives Kentaro five thousand yen, shocking him at what he was willing to spend just for a date with Kelly. What fans do sometimes is really crazy.

"This is a lot more than I expected... Just for a date..." Kentaro blinks, taking the money, hoping to give some back to his friend. But, the younger refused it.

"Just keep it. I'll pick you up after your shif, unless you want to go home because you're tired?" Kentaro shakes his head. He definitely wasn't tried. Not when the guy he has liked for about five years has finally asked him. Well, not really him, but it was still him. Keigo just didn't know that part.

"I'll be fine. And, I get off at eight." Keigo nods, looking around to see if anyone is trying to get Kelly's attention. When he sees that no one is, he quickly kisses Kentaro's cheek and smiles before bidding goodbye to the older boy. Goodbye for now.

"You have to tell us about the date!" The boys all crowd around Kentaro after they change back to their own clothes, all except for Kentaro of course.

"I will, I promise." The oldest out of the group laughs at his friends' excitement. They might even be more excited than he is.

Kentaro watches as his friends leave, most likely to their homes. Sitting at one of the tables, he waits for Keigo to come. After about half an hour of waiting, he frowns, wondering if the other will even show up. He does. "Sorry I'm late, I had to finish up some things of my own." The younger boy smiles sheepishly.

"It's fine, I understand." Kentaro smiles. "At least I didn't get ditched."

"I highly doubt anyone would skip out on a date with a..." The younger stops, thinking about the wording since Chicken Basket aren't exactly idols. "Popular waitress of a popular group that could actually make it to stardom one day."

"Lets just go." The older of the two pretends to ignore the comment, but Keigo doesn't fail to notice the slight blush that Kelly is hiding from him.

Since it was late and pretty much everything was closed already, they decided to for dinner to get to know each other a bit. Well... For Keigo to get to know Kelly, since, technically, they already did know each other. To Keigo's surprise, Kelly was the total opposite of his childhood friend. This surprised him because normally, he wouldn't fall for someone like that. But here he was, on a date with Kelly, who oddly looked similar to his childhood friend, despite not being his type.

When they were finished, Keigo offered to drive Kelly back home. Of course, the other refused, knowing his friend would ask questions as to why she lived where Kentaro lives. That and his car was at the restaurant. So, he asked Keigo to drop him back at the restaurant, explaining why too. Not the part about where he lived, but about the car being there. The younger boy agreed, driving Kelly back to the restaurant where only one car now remained. Lucky for Kentaro that the license plate wasn't facing them or he would have a lot of questions to answer. 

Kentaro gets out of the car quietly, but is gently pulled back to sit down again. He's surprised for a second, but that feeling disappears when the younger is kissing his cheek affectionately. With a little blush, Kentaro gets out of the car, too embarrassed to even say goodbye to his friend.

The next day at school, Shori notices that Keigo seemed a little bit happier as he was talking to Myuto and Ryuya about his date last night. Making a mental note to ask the two about that when they go to work, he puts his stuff down at his desk, looking around for Fuma. The older boy was nowhere to be found and class wasn't going to start for half an hour, so Shori decides to go look for him.

"Should I ask out Sera?" He hears Genki's voice as he's looking for Fuma outside of the school building. Curious as to what his friend was talking about, he goes over to where Jinguji, Amu, Kishi, and two other boys he doesn't know are sitting under a tree. By the way Kishi rested his head on one of the unknown boys' shoulders, Shori guessed that his his boyfriend, Kaito. The last boy he still didn't know though.

"Why would you want to?" Amu asks, looking over at Jinguji.

"Because she's cute? Why else? Besides that, she thinks I'm cute." Genki smiles at Amu, missing the look that he gives to Jinguji.

"If you do get her, then Jinguji's the only one out of us that doesn't have a lover." Kishi points out, looking over at Amu and the unknown boy. "Since Amu and Reia don't hang out with us that much." Reia, that was the boy Shori didn't know. Not only that, but he was also the boy that Amu liked, if he was remembering their conversation correctly. Which, he was pretty sure he was remembering it correctly.

"Yeah, you should really hurry up and get someone, Jin." Kaito adds in, making Jinguji glare at him.

"What makes you think that Sera will agree to be his girlfriend? Even if he does ask her out, it doesn't guarantee that she will say yes!" With that said, Jinguji gets up, storming away from the group, Amu attempting to follow behind him since he knew the situation that Jinguji was in. Well, Shori didn't know if Kishi, Kaito, or Reia knew, but if they did, they sure didn't show it. Genki on the other hand was really confused as to why Jinguji was so angry. Jinguji stops momentarily, telling Amu something that Shori couldn't hear, but guessed it was to leave him alone since Amu came back to the group. Shori just sighs, shaking his head and deciding to leave the scene before it got worse. Unfortunately for him, it did get a lot worse before he could leave.

"Miyachika." A voice called out as Shori was going to leave. He couldn't leave now or else the owner of said voice would see and he would get questioned. So, he stayed and watched. The owner of the voice turned out to be Aran. Kaito looked up at his friend questioningly, silently asking what he wanted. "Our homeroom teacher is looking for you, she sent me to come and get you."

"Oh? And... Why is she looking for Miyachika, Aran?" Amu asks, raising a brow at the other boy. Since they had all admitted who they liked, both Shori and Amu knew that Aran had a thing for Kaito, so naturally they thought that it was a trick to get Kaito away from Kishi. The two sure didn't miss the glare that Aran sent in Amu's direction as he replied dangerously, telling Amu to mind his own business. Whether the other boys had picked it up or not, Shori didn't know. None-the-less, he watched as Kaito nods at Aran before pulling his boyfriend into a kiss. Shori and Amu couldn't help but cringe. Not because it was disgusting, but because they were so oblivious to Aran's jealous glare. Shori watches as the two pull away and Kaito bids farewell to Kishi as well as the others before following Aran away from the group.

Finally, he's able to escape. Not wasting any time this time around, he quickly leaves his hiding spot and resumes looking for his friend. He looks in all the places he could be but doesn't find him until he remembers the roof. Quickly checking his phone for the time, he sees that he has enough to go there and get back to class in time, so he goes. The door opens to reveal Fuma sitting against one of the fences that make up the perimeter of the roof. Looking up from his phone, Fuma smiles to Shori, patting the ground beside him to silently tell Shori to sit beside him. Shori obliges to the silent command and blinks. "Why weren't you in class earlier?"

"Class doesn't start for another five minutes and I had to think about some things." Fuma answers him.

"What kind of things? Can you tell me? Or, is it too much to ask for?"

"No, I can tell you." The older boy smiles, saying something that Shori wishes he never did. "I want to ask Dani out on a date."

"What?"

"Do you think she would go with me?"

"Maybe... As customer service, I mean, but that's about it. Who knows? She might have a boyfriend, you know?" Shori answers nervously. He knew his friend liked Dani, but he never thought he would like her this much. To be honest, he didn't even know that Fuma was gay. Everyone knew that Chicken Basket was a crossdressing group, so no way could Fuma think that Dani was really a girl. Other than that, it was his true self that was nervous. He already had Kento, so wasn't it basically cheating if he were to be with Fuma too? Even if they didn't know it, Shori, the rest of Chicken Basket, their manager, and the restaurant owner knew it. And that definitely did sound like a twisted version of cheating to Shori.

"Yeah, that's true." Fuma nods. "I guess I'll just have to ask her and then go on a date with her if she doesn't have a boyfriend... Or girlfriend..." Shori makes another mental note, this time to talk to their manager when he gets to work.

 


 

A/N: There we go, the drama has started! And it gets better, don't worry. By the way, two thousand yen is roughly 20 American dollars and three thousand is roughly 30 American dollars. So, Keigo payed roughly 50 American dollars to take Kelly out. Anyway, please comment.