Popularity

Reality vs Illusion

Chicken Basekt gained popularity really quickly. It was two weeks after their first performance and they were already on social media, making a big hit with the youth of Japan. The boys saw girls doing the dance for Watashi no Okite, which was the track they produced and used at the restaurant for their performances. Even some boys did it. "You guys are really famous, huh?" Amu asks as they walk home from work one day.

"You could be too if you agreed to do it with us." Jinguji points out, the others nodding in agreement with his statement. Amu just shakes his head.

"No... With all the popularity you guys have gotten, the manager of the store, our manager, and I can barely cook the orders. It would be troublesome to leave just those two to do it." The boys consider what Amu says and understand. They have gotten really popular over the past two weeks. Now, the restaurant was almost always packed to the brim with customers who were there to see them and get served by their favourite members. The boys even had to do fanservice now, for the people who enjoyed it. Which, most of them did.

"Yeah... They should really hire more employees to help you guys." Kentaro points out.

"Right? Finally, someone who understands." Amu smiles, making the boys laugh.

"Well, they do have the money to hire more employees now. They have enough to give us a proper payment too." Aran adds in. "Shori, do you know when we're getting paid?"

"I don't but..." Shori stops and looks at Aran as well as the other boys. "Even if we do get paid, you guys aren't going to leave, right?"

"Of course not." They all answer.

"It's way too much fun to perform with you guys." Myuto smiles at the eight other boys. Ryuya nods.

"That, and we've all become such great friends. I wouldn't want to not see those two again." He motions to Kentaro and Takuto. "Or not be able to hang out with you four." He looks over to Jinguji, Aran, Fu, and Amu.

"Even if I don't perform with you guys, it is a great experience and I also got new friends with it too. You guys are great friends, so I wouldn't want to quit either." Amu adds in.

"Alright, everyone. We're guys, lets just not have this talk." Fu breaks the moment, doing the notion of puking because his friends were too sentimental.

"It's funny how the youngest one of us is reminding us that we're guys." Takuto smiles, ruffling Fu's hair, much to the youngest's annoyance. Fu slaps the older boy's hand away gently as they approach the intersection where they have to split up. "I'll see you guys tomorrow at work. Well..." He looks at Kentaro. "Except you, I'll see you all day."

"Yeah, I'll get tired of seeing your face too." Kentaro jokes, earning a light punch in the shoulder from Takuto. "See you guys tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow." The seven high school boys wave to their two older friends before turning to each other to bid each other goodbye too before they split up. Shori got home and found Kento, Fuma, Marius, and Matsushima Sou in the living room, most likely waiting for him.

"Finally." Sou crosses his arms over his chest. "What do you do that requires you to be out this late?"

"Like you should be talking?" Shori asks. "You're not home yet and your parents will worry."

"No, they know I'm here and they know that Kento will drive us all home." Sou replies smartly. Shori just rolls his eyes at the younger boy.

"Why are you all here anyway?"

"You haven't been hanging out with us lately and you question why we're here?" Fuma asks. "You've been so busy at work."

"Sorry..." Shori apologizes. Sure, he could hang out with Fuma whenever since they're in the same class. But, for Kento, Sou, and Marius, that was a different story. Kento was in university, so even before the job, he couldn't see him that much. Only when Kento had time to go on a date or tutor him, Shori would get to see him. Sou was in the same school as Fuma and Shori, but in a grade lower than theirs, so they could only see him during their lunch break. That or before/after school. For Marius though, it was the same situation as Kento. Marius was in the junior high part of the school that Fuma, Shori, and Sou went to. And despite not having that much homework, his older friends and boyfriend still had their work load. So, hanging out with them all the time just wasn't possible anymore.

"Anyway, how about we go to that restaurant tomorrow?" Fuma suggests. "I heard they have a great crossdressing group." Shori froze at the mention of that. He hoped that Fuma wasn't talking about Chicken Basket. "You guys know them, right?"

"Chicken Basket, you mean?" Kento asks. "Who in Japan doesn't know them? They're so huge."

"Right, so lets go. On Friday?" Fuma smiles at the group. Shori shakes his head, making the other four boys turn to him.

"I can't, you guys. I have work that day." The other four frown at him, but decide to go with him next time while they go on Friday. Shori on the other hand, just sits there, hoping that they won't come and notice him.

He wasn't the only one having Chicken Basket trouble either. The next day at lunch, Jinguji is with Genki, Kaito, and Kishi like always. And then... "Hey, have you guys heard about that crossdressing group that performs at this new restaurant?" Genki questions them.

"Wasn't that restaurant always there?" Kishi questions him. "It went bankrupt, but I heard it's very popular these days."

"I heard that too." Kaito nods. "It's because of that group, isn't it?" Genki nods and pulls up a video of the group on his phone for the couple to see. Jinguji just prayed that they wouldn't recognize him in the video.

"Jinguji, you don't want to see?" Genki asks him.

"I've seen them, don't worry." Jinguji smiles at the older boy. Of course he's seen them, he knows them, he's one of them.

"We should go see them." Genki suggests. Jinguji coughs out the juice that he's drinking, making the other three look at him weirdly. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, you guys just sound like a bunch of erts, being into that..." Jinguji sighs. "But, when are you going?"

"I was thinking Friday, but..." Genki stops, looking a bit upset. "You're not coming with us?"

"I have work after school everyday... I'm sorry, Genki." Jinguji apologizes. He was technically going with them since he was going to be there. But, there was no way that he would tell his friends that he's one of the members of Chicken Basket. He didn't even want to know what they would think, let alone say if they knew.

"It's fine, we'll just go without you then." Genki smiles softly. "Maybe you can come with us next time?" Jinguji nods in agreement even though he knows it most likely won't happen.

It was the same with Amu. Reia was asking if he wanted to go with him to see Chicken Basket. Amu of course refused, which made Reia sad, but he just mumbled that he would bring someone else instead rather than showing Amu his true feelings. Kentaro and Takuto were were questioned by Kento if they wanted to come see Chicken Basket with him and his other friends, but they kindly refused his offer, telling them that they would hang out with him next time since they also had to work with Shori that day.

"We seriously need to get more help." Shori tells their manager as he's fixing his wig in the mirror. The boys were getting ready to perform again, but Shori just needed to point out the obvious to their oblivious manager. "I mean, we're getting so popular and we can't serve all these people by ourselves. Why don't you hire more waiters?"

"I will, don't worry." Their manager waves him off.

"Dani, come on." Kentaro calls to him and he notices that the others are already on stage. He would have said for Kentaro not to call him that, but that would blow their cover, so he kept his mouth shut, replying to him with his own alias.

"I'm coming, Kelly." With that said, Shori hurries on to the stage. Well, the middle of the room. When there, he realizes that Kento, Fuma, Sou, and Marius are there. As well as Genki, Kaito, and Kishi. He even sees another boy from their school that he didn't know. And Keigo, which was weird to him. But, apparently their whole school was there, just for them. And he hoped more than ever that no one would recognize them. He was also thankful that none of his friends knew how his sister's boyfriend looked. If they did, they would know everything. Amu played the track as usual before going back to the kitchen, leaving the rest of the boys to perform the song. Once they were done, they headed back into the kitchen to help Amu.

"Everyone that we know is here." Jinguji points out. Everyone nods, already having noticed it.

"We have to be careful then." Shori says, taking an oder. "Where do these go?" He asks Amu.

"Table five." Amu answers, Shori nods and goes over to table five, which with his dumb luck, turns out to be the table that his friends are at.

"Woah, we get Dani." Fuma smiles. "I've always wanted to meet you." Shori smiles sweetly at his friend.

"Thank you, that means a lot."

"You sound like a ert, Fuma." Kento jabs at the younger boy's side while saying it. Fuma shrugs, handing Kento his phone.

"Can I get a picture with you?" Shori nods, going over to stand beside Fuma and pose with him as Kento takes their picture.

"I hope you boys will enjoy your meal. I'll be around, so if you need anything, don't be afraid to holler." With that said, Shori left the table, letting out a relieved breath that no one noticed it was him.

With Jinguji and Amu, they were bringing food and drinks to their friends as well. When Genki had seen Reia all by himself, he invited the younger boy to sit with them since they had a spare seat because Jinguji wasn't able to come. When they served the food, the four boys looked over at Amu.

"There's a ninth member of Chicken Basket?" Genki asks. Jinguji and Amu nod.

"She just doesn't sing with us, she's more of the waitress while we're the performers and the waitresses." Jinguji explains.

"What's your name then?" Reia asks Amu. The boy in quesiton just puts his index finger up to his lips.

"It's a secret." With that said, he leaves to get more orders. Genki, Kaito, Kishi, and Reia are just chatting about how weird that was before Genki turns to Jinguji.

"Sera, may I have a picture? You're my favourite." That gets Jinguji's heart to pound faster. Even if Genki doesn't know it's him, it still means a lot that he likes Sera the best. So, Jinguji nods and goes beside Genki as the older boy gives his phone to Kaito to take a picture. Jinguji feels a little braver as Sera and just as Kaito snapps the picture, he turns his head, kissing Genki's cheek gently. To say that the boy was surprised is an understatement. He was blushing probably more than fifty shades of red as the other three boys laughed at his flustered face.

"You're cute." Jinguji winked before going in the direction that Amu had gone just a while ago. "If you need anything, don't hesitate to call me over." Jinguji calls back to the table. He couldn't believe he actually did that. Neither could the other boys who saw that transaction unfold.

"Hey, Yasui, why don't you go hang out with your crush?" Ryuya asks Kentaro, motioning to where Keigo is. "We can handle the customers, don't worry." He takes the orders that Kentaro's carrying and walks away as the older boy sighs and goes to Keigo.

"Hello." Kentaro smiles sweetly at his childhood friend. "You seem lonely, do you want company?" Keigo smiles at him warmly, something Kentaro hasn't seen from the younger boy in a long time. It made his heart skip a beat. It also made him feel jealous towards himself because Keigo smiled warmly at Kelly, but was cold to Kentaro.

"I would actually love some company, Kelly. Thank you." Kentaro sat down across from Keigo and blinked curiously at him.

"You know me?" The younger only scoffed at the question.

"Who doesn't know you? Chicken Basket is pretty famous in Japan right now." He answer and looks anywhere else but at Kentaro. "And... You may or may not be my favourite member."

"Am I really your favourite?" To say Kentaro was thrilled would be an understatement, but... He was thrilled. He watches as Keigo nods and the smile on Kentaro's face became bigger, if that was even possible. "Thank you, I really appreciate it."

"Speaking of... Do you do customer service?"

"Depends. What do you want? A picture? An autograph? Fanservice with another one of the girls?"

"Actually..." Keigo starts, motioning for Kentaro to lean closer. The older boy only blinks before complying. "A date, with you." The younger of the two whispers into the other's ear.

 


 

A/N: Drama time~ In the next chapter. Finally~ It was all fluff and though that's sweet and all, a story really needs drama. Look foreward to it~ And, please leave comments.