Playing with The Heart

Reality vs Illusion

"What do you mean I can't refuse if he asks me out?" Shori demanded an answer from their manager as the others were getting ready for their performance. "I have a boyfriend, you know!"

"You do, but Dani doesn't." Their manager explained calmly to his future brother-in-law. 

"What difference does that make? It's still me."

"Yeah, but no one knows that, Shori. Other than the people who work at this restaurant. And unless you want to blow your cover, I suggest you go on a date with him."

"Relax a little, will you? It's not like you have to kiss him or anything, just go on a date. You two go together, don't you?" Amu questions Shori and the older boy nods. "Problem solved."

"Speaking of kissing..." Shori starts, getting his wig on. "How was your date, Kentaro?"

"It was..." Before the other could answer, his phone rang. Rolling his eyes, he took it out of his bag, seeing that the caller was Keigo. Takuto who was looking over his shoulder grinned, deciding to tease his friend a bit.

"Your boyfriend is calling, you should really pick it up."

"Shut up, you. And, he's not my boyfriend, he's Kelly's."

"Same thing, just pick up the call." Takuto sighs, going back to the mirror to make sure he was ready.

"Hello?" Kentaro picks up the call, making sure that everything is okay with his costume as he does so.

"Hey, where have you been? You know it's been like a month since I've seen you?"

"Awe, do you miss me?" He hears a sigh from the other end.

"Honestly speaking, I do miss you." The younger boy admits. "You've been so busy with that new job of yours and it's weird to not see you around all the time. So... If you have time today, could you help me with some homework?"

"Can't your parents do that?"

"They're out of town for a business trip, Kentaro. My brother is younger so i can't ask him anyway, not to mention that my grandmother has most likely forgotten it all. And, I can't get a hold of my other friends." Kentaro looks over at Myuto and Ryuya after hearing that. They must have turned off their cell phones and so, they wouldn't know if someone had called them or not. "So?" He hears Keigo's voice again. "Are you free today?"

"Not right now, no..." Shori takes the phone from him. "Hey!"

"He'll be there by 7:30, don't worry, Keigo."

"Shori?"

"He gets off at seven, so he'll be there, don't worry." With that said, Shori hangs up, giving the phone back to Kentaro as the older boy blinks at him.

"What are you saying? You know that's not when we get off..."

"One time exception?" Shori asks their manager.

"Fine, since we have Amu to help. And since your dance will be done soon anyway."

"Thank you." Kentaro smiles, but frowns when he notices Jinguji glaring at him. "What's up, Jinguji?"

"It's a bit unfair, that you get the guy you like and you get off of work an hour early." Jinguji points out, combing the long hair of his wig to straighten and untangle it.

"Well, you could go out with Genki, you know?" Amu asks, knowing what Jinguji was talking about. Shori knew too, but he decided to stay silent.

"Well, I don't want Genki to like me for being Sera, unlike someone with the guy he likes." He glares at Kentaro again. "I want Genki to like me as Jinguji Yuta, his best friend since who knows how long."

"And why do you have to go hating on Kentaro for this, Jinguji?" Takuto asks, wanting to defend his friend. Sure, they were both his friends, but Kentaro was more close to him since they went to university together. "Kentaro his way to be with Keigo and you have your own way of how you would like to be with Genki."

"So now I'm the bad guy?"

"Actually, if we're talking about bad guys, I think it would be Aran." Amu interrupts the three of them. Aran comes up to them, blinking questioningly at Amu.

"What are you talking about? What did I do?"

"Your little stunt with Kaito earlier today." Amu reminds him. "What did you two do anyway?"

"Nothing! Kaito wouldn't cheat on Kishi. And I wasn't pulling anything, I was telling the truth!" The other three boys were confused and Amu explains to them what had happened, leading to an argument about the worst one out of the three of them. Shori, Ryuya, Myuto, and Fu just watched as their friends argued for a while before a blow horn was sounded, making the boys yelp and cover their ears.

"What's with you boys today? You're all so irritable! Shori included even if he wasn't in this." Their manager motions to the group of boys that had been arguing a few seconds ago. "Only Myuto, Ryuya, and Fu seem to be grounded today." They couldn't say anything, since he had been right. Those three really did seem grounded compared to rest who were just on edge. "Anyway, go perform. Amu, play the music." The boys all nod, taking their positions on stage, waiting for Amu to play the music. Amu played it and went back to the kitchen as the rest performed before following him into the kitchen, starting their waitress jobs now.

"That one goes to table five, Takuto. That one to table three, Jinguji. And the one in your right hand to table four while the other one to table nine, Ryuya." Amu gave out the orders as he cooked, the other boys following them precisely. Takuto this time got the table that Kento and his friends were at. Fuma looked a little disappointed to see one of the other girls.

"Do you want me to call Dani?" Takuto asks him, chuckling a bit.

"If you don't mind." Fuma nods. Looking around the restaurant, he sees Shori taking orders from table seven and goes over to him, taking the notepad out of his hands.

"Hey!" Shori complains at him.

"Your friends want to see you." Takuto whispers into the younger boy's ear as he motions with his head to the table that they were at. "I'll take over for you." Shori nods, excusing himself politely before going over to the table.

"Hello again." Shori smiles at Kento, Fuma, Sou, and Marius. "Is this your hangout now?"

"I guess so, since Fuma wants to see you." Kento shrugs. Shori bites his lip and nods.

"Speaking of... Will you go out with me?" Fuma asks him. "I heard a boy from my class went out with Kelly for a date, so... May I take you out?" He pays Shori four thousand yen. A little bit less than what Keigo payed to take Kentaro out, but still, it was a little too much.

"Yeah, but... I can't promise you anything except for the date, is that alright?" Shori asks, taking the money and giving the access amount back. Fuma nods in agreement. Shori tells him when he'll be off and is off to go serve more orders.

Jinguji on the other hand also gets called over to his friends' table. Not by Takuto, but by Ryuya who was originally serving them. "You guys didn't like your waitress?" Jinguji asks, eyeing his friends.

"That's not it." Kaito smiles at him reassuringly before looking over to Genki. "Genki here wants to ask you something."

"Oh? What is it?" He looks over at Genki, pulling off the best innocent face he could to hide the fact that he already knew what Genki wanted to ask Sera. And he knew what he was going to answer with too.

"Will you go out with me? As customer service, of course. I know you probably wouldn't want to for real anyway." Jinguji wanted so badly to refuse the last part, but if he did, he would be causing more trouble to himself than anyone else.

"No, I'm sorry." With that said, Jinguji was going to leave, but Myuto stopped him.

"What are you talking about?" He asked Jinguji in a warning voice, turning to Genki. "Sera would love to go out with you."

"No, I wouldn't, Julia. Don't make decisions for me." Jinguji frowns at his older friend.

"You have to, he's a customer."

"No, Sera doesn't have to... I wanted to know her true feelings rather than what she has to do for a customer. I got what I wanted, so it's fine." Even if Genki said that, he seemed sad and Jinguji couldn't stand it. He did love him after all. But then again, he couldn't really do anything now without Genki thinking that it was an act of pity. So, he just watches as Genki leaves.

"Great job." Myuto comments before being called over by a group of girls and taking his leave. Jinguji sighs as he looks over at Kishi and Kaito.

"Well, I hope you two enjoy the rest of your meal." Jinguji follows Myuto away from the table after saying that.

"Well, that was..." Kishi starts after Jinguji leaves.

"Odd?" Kaito asks, getting a nod from his boyfriend. "Still though, I have to wonder if Genki's okay."

"Same..." Kishi nods as Aran comes to their table and smiles at them, more specifically, at Kaito.

"Are you liking your meal?" Aran asks.

"Yes, thank you for asking, Yuri." Kishi smiles at Aran. The younger boy just glares at him.

"I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to your hot boyfriend." Aran answered Kishi, making the older boy blink at him questioningly before he left to serve more orders.

When their shifts were done, they hung around to help clean the place up, except for Kentaro who had left an hour ago to get to Keigo's house at the time that Shori had given him. As the boys cleaned, Marius came back. Fu blinked at him. "Is something wrong?"

"No, I just forgot something... To tell Dani something that I couldn't while my friends were here. Can you call her for me, Samantha?" Fu nods, calling Shori over and leaving to finish the job that Shori had to stop in order to talk to Marius. "Can we go outside?" Shori nods and Marius leads him outside before turning to him. "You know you're playing a dangerous game, right?"

"Huh?" Shori blinks at him in confusion. Marius just crossed his arms over his chest.

"Shori, please stop the act..." The older boy blinks at him and takes off the wig. "Keep it on... It's weird to see you dressed as a girl when you don't have the wig." Putting the wig back on, Shori asks.

"How did you know? And... When did you find out?"

"It really wasn't hard, you know? You get an offering for a job, Chicken Basket comes out two weeks later, we hardly ever see you anymore while Chicken Basket is always somewhere on social media. I figured that you were one of the members. Plus, Chicken Basket is a crossdressing group, so if you add that, all the pieces fit together!" Marius explains.

"Smart kid..." Shori mutters, making sure Marius hears him. "How did you figure out I was Dani, though?"

"Figuring out which member you were was the hard part to be honest. With that wig and all that makeup, I could hardly recognize your face. But then I saw one of our recent pictures together. When Kento, Fuma, Sou, you, and I went to the amusement park before school started back up. I compared it to a picture of Chicken Basket and... Your eyes stood out! Even with all that makeup and the wig, your eyes didn't change and I knew that you were Dani."

"I see..." 

"Anyway, don't go on that date with Fuma. Even if you say it's just for customer service, Fuma really likes you. As both Shori and Dani. You probably already know that."

"Yeah, I do." Shori nods.

"Exactly, so you would just be playing with his heart."

"I'm not, I'm just going on a date with him, nothing else! We go out together without you guys from time to time and this is no different."

"Do you really believe that, Shori?"

"I do and this will make him happy."

"What about Kento? Isn't this basically cheating on him?"

"That's what I thought too, but as long as I treat it like us just hanging out and not like a date, it shouldn't be counted as cheating, right? Besides, I couldn't get out of this. Our manager wouldn't allow it."

"Suit yourself, you're digging your own grave in the end, Shori." Marius shrugs, starting to walk away from his older friend.

"Marius." Shori calls out to him, making the younger boy turn back to face him questioningly. "No mater what you think, I'm not playing with Fuma's heart or cheating on Kento. Don't worry." The younger boy nods, hoping his friend was true to his word.

 


 

A/N: That's the end of that. I hope you all enjoyed it so far. I'm getting no comments so I'm a bit worried, but that doesn't mean I'll be stopping the story.