Reparation

Reality vs Illusion

"You did what?" The rest of Chicken Basket as Ryuya the same question that Jinguji had earlier that day. The boys were all surprised, especially since they had agreed to keeping their identities as Chicken Basket a secret from the public. And if one of the people that most of them went to school with was going to work there, that secret just couldn't be kept. Ryuya rolls his eyes at the others and explains.

"Listen, you guys keep saying that Aran and Fu need to get over Kaito and Kishi, am I right?" The other boys nod at him, silently telling him to go on. "So, I thought that maybe if they saw each other all the time, Aran would get over Kaito. You know, like... Shori, you see Myuto and I all day on weekdays, right? Because we're in your class and we're in Chicken Basket together. Compared to the rest of the group, you're not really fond of us because you get tired of seeing us so often, isn't that right?"

"Well... Yeah, I guess you're right about that..." Shori nods hesitantly. "So, you think Aran will get tired of Kaito?" Ryuya nods as his answer. "What about Fu liking Kishi though?"

"We'll deal with that later... It would be bad if both of them worked here. That would just make Aran and Fu even more jealous." Ryuya explains and Shori nods, knowing that the other boy had a point.

"And what about our identities?" Aran asks. "Besides that, Kaito will undoubtably stay away from me if he knew I was Yuri."

"We'll send the extra hands off early then, so you boys can change and still keep your secret." Their manager adds after eavesdropping on the conversation. Ryuya nods in agreement as Aran sighs his agreement as well. "I see you boys have been helping each other out."

"Speaking of that..." Kentaro glares at Myuto. "You better not have said anything to him, Myuto! I don't really want to deal with it now."

"I don't know if he'll contact you now or tomorrow or the day after that, but he will contact you one day." Myuto answers nonchalantly. The oldest groans in protest as their manager sends them out to perform. This time was different though. Their manager hadn't told them, but when they got out on to the middle of the restaurant to perform, they noticed that one table had rich-looking customers.

"They're talent agents?" The boys all repeated, looking at the card in their manager's hands after their shifts were done and the restaurant had closed for the day. Their manager nods at them.

"They've seen you guys online. Apparently you're more popular than we intended for you to be." He looks up at the boys. "So, do you guys want to become famous or just continue like this?" They all look at Shori for an answer.

"I may be the leader of Chicken Basket, but... We don't all share the same dream." Shori answers them. "If you want to, you can. But, I really hope you don't leave the rest of us behind."

"You know, if you say that, it makes it sound like you don't want us to go even if you just said it doesn't matter." Fu points out as the others nod in agreement. Shori rolls his eyes.

"You know what I mean! Anyway, see you guys tomorrow." With that, Shori's the first one to leave. As he waits at the bus stop, a car stops in front of him. When the window is rolled down, he sees Kento.

"Need a ride?" The older boy smiles as Shori gets into the passenger seat.

"Thank you." Shori smiles sweetly at his boyfriend, pulling on his seatbelt before Kento pulls back on to the road. "What are you doing around here though? I thought you would be at home or at work or... Somewhere else."

"I had time." Kento answers. "A little birdie told me you miss me, so here I am." Shori knew it had to be Takuto or Kentaro who told him. Probably both. He appreciated it, but if it was taking Kento's time where he could be doing more important things, Shori would feel bad.

"I do, but if this is inconvenient for you, you didn't have to do it."

"I wanted to. I miss you too, you know?" Shori blinks at him, being caught off guard. And then, his heart starts to beat. Looking away, he wonders if Fuma was only to replace Kento in his heart, since his boyfriend was getting busier as the days passed. "How about a date this weekend?" Shori didn't answer, being too caught up in his thoughts about what he was really feeling. "Shori?"

"Oh, um..." Shori blinks at him with confusion as Kento just shakes his head and repeats himself. "Yeah, that sounds great." The smile on the younger boy's face was so bright that Kento swore he had to look away just to avoid crashing the car. But, it made him smile too, knowing his boyfriend was happy.

"Are we okay now? You don't have doubts that I love you?"

"Takuto told you that too?" Shori answers with embarrassment as Kento nods. "I was just doubting because you were so busy and had no time for me anymore, not even to tutor me. But... You did make time today, so I guess I was worried for nothing." He smiles to the other boy.

"Of course you were." Kento nods in agreement, pulling his boyfriend into a passionate kiss when the light is red. Shori melts into the kiss, finally having decided on the answer he's going to give Fuma the next time he sees the older boy as Dani.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow." Kentaro is the next to leave the restaurant. Getting into his car and preparing to go, he's about to pull out of the parking lot when someone taps on the window. Seeing Myuto, he rolls down the window and blinks questioningly at the younger boy. "What is it, Myuto?"

"You forgot something." Myuto replies, handing the older boy's cell phone over. Looking back to his bag, he realizes that the pocket where his phone usually is was ped. "I guess it fell out of that open pocket." The younger continues, noticing the open pocket of the bag too. Kentaro nods in agreement, taking the phone from the other.

"Thank you." Before Myuto leaves though, he watches as the other goes through his notifications, frowning at them as he does.

"Keigo?" Myuto asks.

"Keigo." Kentaro confirms.

"Just answer him. Geez, you're acting like a girl." 

"Shut up! You know I can back up and run you over right this second, right?"

"Yeah, but you won't." Myuto counters, shrugging and leaving an annoyed Kentaro. Making a mental note to get Myuto back for this, Kentaro drives off into the night, heading towards home. Walking into the house, he called out to his parents that he was home. As soon as he did, their chatter stopped, making him wonder if he had announced his arrival at the wrong time. Curious, he goes into the living room where he heard his parents' voice earlier.

"You're finallly home, our guest has been waiting for you." His mother frowned disapprovingly at him. Kentaro can only raise a brow at her questioningly before he notices that they did indeed have a guest. Keigo. The younger boy wasn't looking at him and it was the first time in almost a week that Kentaro is seeing him. Compared to the last time though, the younger boy looked completely dejected. That was the biggest difference, but there were other small things that Kentaro made mental notes about too. Kentaro could easily tell the boy came straight from school since he was still in his uniform. By his face, he could also tell that he didn't want to be there at the moment. "What are you doing, Kentaro?" His mother's words snapped him out of his thoughts and he blinked at her. "Keigo wanted to talk to you and clearly he won't say what he wants to if we're here. Take him to your room or something." She explains to her oblivious son.

"Oh." Kentaro nods, telling Keigo to go up to his room first since his mother insisted on giving the boys some food to eat as they chatted. When the older of the two finally gets into his room and closes the door behind him, he sees Keigo looking in his direction. The dejected aura he got from the boy earlier was evident now. Keigo's eyes said it all. He was hurting, a lot. Putting down the plate of food on the bed so both of them could reach it, Kentaro sits in the chair at his desk, looking expectantly at the younger boy. When he didn't say anything, Kentaro sighed. "Well? Why are you here to see me all of a sudden?"

"It's not sudden at all." Keigo answers. "I've been trying to call you, but you never pick up. I've even sent texts, but you never read them."

"I'm busy..." The older of the two lied. As expected though, Keigo didn't believe him and glared.

"You're not that busy. You're avoiding me."

"And so what if I am? Why do you care so much?" Kentaro couldn't help but snap at the younger boy. When Keigo's glare turned back to depression though, Kentaro mumbled the last part of what he wanted to say under his breath. "You're the one who went all cold on me anyway."

"I know." The younger boy answers, nodding. "I'm sorry. I never..." He stopped, knowing that if he went further, he would have to explain everything. Myuto's words came back to him though. He may have taken the older boy for granted before, but the lack of attention he was getting now made him realize how much the other means to him. Of course he would never admit it to Kentaro. There was one thing he could admit to though. "I never wanted to be cold to you."

"Then, why? Why were you cold to me all those years?" Keigo knew that question was coming. He also knew that if he answered it, there would be a chance of Kentaro knowing about his true feelings towards him. But, if he didn't answer it, their friendship would permanently end. And he didn't want that. He didn't want to lose Kentaro again. 

"Because I hated the way you treated me..."

"What?"

"Once you got into university, everything you did seemed different! I felt like you were treating me as some kid your parents told you to take care of rather than a friend." It was finally out. Keigo breathed out a sigh of relief. Even if Kentaro did know about his feelings, at least he would still be able to stay with him. That's all that mattered.

"What are you talking about? I never treated you differently." Kentaro points out.

"You did." Keigo insists. "You started dropping me off and picking me up everyday. You even went to the teacher meetings when my parents couldn't. And should I keep going?" Kentaro blinks innocently at the younger boy before he continues. "You know, everyone thought you were my guardian or at least my older brother and I really hated it. I said you were my friend but they pointed out that you don't treat me like an equal and treat me like I'm your junior. Which, I know I am, but still! I was your friend way before that."

"You got it all wrong." Kentaro chuckles as the younger boy blinks with confusion at him. "Your parents asked me to do all of that for them. You know how busy they can get, right? Well, they trusted me and of course I didn't want to break their trust. Or their approval of me to be your friend. So, I did everything without question." Keigo could only blink, being dumbfounded by the explanation. "I'm sorry though. I never realized that you saw it for something that it wasn't."

"I'm sorry too... I should have talked to you instead of pushing you away like I did." The younger frowns.

"So... Does this mean you'll be nice to me again?" Kentaro can't help but ask. He's been trying for years to get on Keigo's good side again. That time, he didn't know what he had done to upset his friend. Now he knows and they've talked it out, concluding that it was a misunderstanding on both parts. And he wants nothing more than to have his kind best friend back.

"Yeah, I'll be nice to you again." Keigo smiles. "By the way... Can I borrow some clothes? It looks like I'll be staying the night."

"I could drive you back."

"No, you just got home. It would be too much of a burden."

"Idiot, my clothes won't fit you! You may be younger than me, but you're taller." Kentaro points out, going to his closet to look for some clean clothes that Keigo could use for the night. "Why did you come without extra clothes?"

"Because I didn't plan on coming! And if you had picked up your damn phone, I wouldn't be here now."

"If you hadn't been so harsh that day, we wouldn't be in this mess."

"Fine, that's fair." Keigo grumbles as Kentaro hands him a pair of pants that look oversize for him, but would most likely fit Keigo well. "Thank you." The younger boy takes the clothes, going to the bathroom to change. Kentaro takes this time to change himself and get everything ready to go to bed. When Keigo comes out of the bathroom, he goes in to brush his teeth. Once everything is done, he finds the younger boy already curled up under the thin blanket, waiting for him. Smiling fondly, Kentaro walks over to the bed, getting under the blanket before pulling the other into a hug.

"When was the last time we did this?" Kentaro asks.

"What? Sleep in the same bed?" Keigo asks. "Before school started? Our families went on trip together and they figured since we're best friends, we could share a room, but we got a single bed with that too."

"Not that. I mean the cuddling."

"Oh. Yeah, that hasn't happened in years."

"Can it happen more?"

"You want to cuddle me more?" Keigo asks, not being able to help the laugh that escapes from his mouth.

"Don't laugh..." Kentaro reaches up and hits the younger's shoulder lightly. Because he's shorter than Keigo, his head is laying on Keigo's chest as the younger boy is hugging him close with Keigo's head rested against Kentaro's head. Feeling really comfortable like this, Kentaro can't stop himself from what he says next. "I like you, you know?" Now that it was out, there was no going back. And he decided to just admit his feelings.

"Hm?" Keigo looks down at him and before he can say anything, he finds himself being pulled into a sweet kiss by the older boy. More than a little surprised, Keigo pushes Kentaro away, a little harder than he intended to since the other fell off the bed with a thud.

 


 

A/N: Double update again! I'll end it there cuz... I love cliffhangers~ Anyway, please~ Can I please get some comments guys?