It Begins

Reality vs Illusion

Shori sat in class, not really listening to what the teacher had to say. Sure, science was one of his favourite subjects in school, but today he just wasn't interested. He was waiting for school to end and this was his last class before that would happen. The reason for his excitement was his boyfriend, Nakajima Kento. Kento had promised him last night that they would go on a date after Shori's classes had ended for the day, since the next day was Saturday. And of course, Shori was excited for this date of theirs. His classmate, Kikuchi Fuma took notice of Shori zoning out and wrote on a piece of paper before slipping it on to Shori's desk. Blinking at the piece of paper, Shori reads the note.

"Why are you so zoned out?"

He glances in Fuma's direction and smiles before scribbling down the reply and making sure the teacher isn't watching before handing the piece of paper back.

"Because I have a date with Kento after this."

Fuma reads the note and frowns to himself. Sure, Kento was his friend too. In fact, Kento, Shori, and him along with two others have been friends since they were young children. But, that didn't mean that Fuma supported Kento and Shori dating. He loves both of them, but he personally thinks that Shori can do a lot better than Kento. But in reality, it's because he secretly loves Shori and is jealous of Kento having him.

"Are you jealous?" 

Another note was passed over to Fuma as he was zoning out and he blinked at it, looking up at Shori who was smiling at him teasingly. As a response, Fuma rolled his eyes and fixed his attention back on to their science teacher.

After class had ended, Shori quickly packed his stuff and rushed out, much to his friends' disappointment. Even though Fuma wasn't that close with Shori's friends in school, he noticed this and explained to them that he had somewhere to be and didn't mean to ignore them. Once the explanation was done, he took his leave as well, wanting to find Shori before the younger boy's date started.

Finding him standing at the front gate, Fuma walks up to him. Shori turns to him and blinks in question, silently asking the older boy what he's doing here.

"You know you ditched your friends, right?" Fuma asks.

"I'll make it up to them later." Shori waves it off as a car pulls up in front of them before Kento gets out, smiling at the two of them and walking over to where they are.

"Hey, you two." The oldest boy greets his two friends as Shori and Fuma greet him in turn. "Ready for our date?" He asks Shori, getting an excited nod from the youngest boy.

"Take care of him." Fuma mumbles, making sure that Kento hears him.

"Of course I will." Kento smiles, taking Shori's hand in his. He looks up at his friend and blinks with confusion as he notices that Fuma is staring off at someone. And of course, being Nakajima Kento, he just has to mock him for it. "What is it? Someone you like?" Fuma just shook his head, not being phased by his friend's mockery due to being exposed to it for years.

"A family friend." Fuma answers, calling the boy over to them. "Guys, this is my family friend, Yasui Kentaro." He then looks over at Kento. "He's 3 years older than you, so you two probably see each other around the halls. You go to the same university."

"Oh, yeah. Actually, we're in the same class, but... We're not friends." Kento explains, blinking at the older boy questioningly. "But... What are you doing here?"

"I came to pick someone up. His parents requested it." Kentaro answers, looking around for the said person that he was supposed to pick up. After spotting him among all the other boys leaving school grounds, he waves him over. Much to his disappointment though, the said boy isn't happy to see him.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, folding his arms over his chest.

"Don't be like that, Hagi-chan. Your parents asked me to pick you up." Kentaro reasons as Kento blinks at the unknown boy who has joined them. Shori informed him that the boy was Hagiya Keigo and was in the same class as Fuma and himself. "And I know him because he's a childhood friend of mine." Kentaro explained once hearing Shori's explanation of who Keigo was.

"Childhood friend or not, it doesn't mean you have the right to pick me up. I'm not the little kid that you have to protect anymore." Keigo frowns at Kentaro, walking away from the group.

"If he hadn't told us, I would have never even suspected that they were childhood friends..." Kento mutters, watching the two leave before looking at Fuma. "We should be going too, see you, Fuma." With that said, he pulls Shori to his car. Once inside, Shori asks where they were going, but Kento's only reply is that it's a surprise for him. On the way there though, Shori falls asleep. Kento looks over at his sleeping boyfriend and assumes that he's tired from school, so he keeps on driving to their destination.

When they arrive, Kento wakes Shori up. The younger opens his eyes slowly and looks at him sleepily before looking outside, realizing that they were at the beach. "Kento... I don't have my..." Before Shori could finish, Kento got out of the car and opened the trunk which revealed everything they needed for a beach date. A grill for barbeque, lawn chairs, umbrellas, and food. Pulling a bag out of the trunk, Kento gave it to Shori, who had by this time come out of the car too.

"I stopped by your house beforehand to get your trunks, don't worry." He smiles sweetly at the surprised look his boyfriend was now giving him. "Go change, I'll get everything prepared." Still shocked, Shori could only nod as he walks to the change rooms to change from his school uniform to his swim trunks. When he came back out, he saw that Kento was halfway done with setting everything up.

"Want some help?" He asks his boyfriend, getting a shake of the head as a reply.

"No, you relax. I'll get the grill set up." Kento insisted, motioning to the lawn chairs and umbrellas that he had already set up. "After that, we can go swimming." Shori nods in agreement, going to the lawn chair and sitting down, closing his eyes. After what feels like forever because he's too busy blissfully relaxing after a hard day of school, he feels Kento shaking his shoulder. Opening his eyes, Shori sees that his boyfriend is already changed. "Want to swim or were you enjoying relaxing?"

"No, lets go." Shori smiles, getting up and following Kento into the ocean.

They swam until the wind picked up and it became too cold to swim anymore. Getting out of the water, the couple wrapped themselves in towels and went back to the change room with their clothes. Once they came out, they got to work, cooking the food together on the grill. "Won't your dad kill you for taking the grill?" Shori asks as they finish up the cooking and start setting everything on the plates.

"Not if he doesn't find out." Kento winks at Shori as he turns off the grill and sits down on the lawn chair beside the one Shori's on. The younger boy can only shake his head at his risk-taking boyfriend. But then again, the risk was for him, so he can't feel anything other than happiness.

As they ate, they talked about what was going on in their lives, in school, really about anything and everything they could talk about. And once they finished, Shori pulled Kento to sit with him in the sand, cuddling up to the older boy just as the sun was starting to set.

And then, it was time to go. Shori wasn't too happy about their date ending, but Kento encouraged him that since summer was around the corner they could have dates like this a lot. That did the trick. It got Shori happy again and he helped Kento get everything back into the car before getting in himself, getting comfortable in his seat for the long drive back.

When they arrived at Shori's house, Kento walked him to the door. "You didn't have to walk me to the door, you know? You never do, so... Why today?" Shori asks him with curiosity.

"Today I have something for you, that's why." Kento replies. "Close your eyes." It wasn't a demand, it was said in a soft and gentle voice. The younger boy nods and does as he's told. Within a few seconds, he feels Kento slip something into his hand. The shape feels familiar, like he has held the object before, but he can't quite pinpoint what it is. Before he can open his eyes and see what it is though, Kento is kissing him, giving him no choice but to kiss back after the initial shock of it.

"I would like this kind of gift for every date." Shori smiles as the two pull away. Kento only chuckles at his boyfriend's request and pecks his cheek affectionately.

"We'll see." He smiles. "I'll see you tomorrow." With that said, he waves to the younger and goes back to the car. Shori gets his keys out and unlocks the door happily, not being able to wait for their tutoring session tomorrow. Though, in reality, they'll be making out more than studying.

When he gets into the house, he hears sobbing. Wondering why that is, he follows the sound to the kitchen where his older sister is crying and his mother is comforting her. "What happened?" He asks, getting a cup from the cupboard and filling it with water to put the flowers in. Once Kento had left and before he had gone inside, Shori took the opportunity to look at what was in his hand and saw that it was a bouquet of five or six roses.

"Dad asked me to dump my boyfriend." His sister answered through sobs.

"He has never liked him." Shori points out, earning a glare from his mother. "What? We all know it's the truth." That's why Shori hasn't told his parents about Kento being more than just his friend and his tutor. He doesn't want his father to nag on him too.

"He at least agreed to let me be with him if he can get money to support me and our future family, but... He lost his job recently." His older sister continued, seeming like she didn't hear a word that Shori had said. "I bet dad had something to do with it! Because he has never liked him!"

"Now, now, don't blame your father. He didn't do anything, I'm sure of that." Their mother soothed her daughter.

"Stop protecting him, seriously!" With that said, his sister stormed out. A minute later, a door being slammed could be heard.

"Shori..." His mother turned to him.

"Fine, I'll go comfort her..." He sighs, going upstairs and knocking on his sister's door. "Come on, don't be like this..."

"Shut up, you don't know what it's like!" The reply came strong and Shori bit his lip with discomfort. He did know what it was like. He hated it. Hated having to hide and worry that his father wouldn't approve of his choice in a partner. And because of that, he had to help his sister with this.

"I'll help you." He answered. "Don't ask why, just tell me what I have to do."

 


 

A/N: And there's the first chapter, with almost 2000 words, woah. I'm impressed with myself. Anyway, I'll have the second chapter up soon because I'm actually pretty into this.