The Presents

Reality vs Illusion

Bringing Reia to the back, Amu tried to explain. But, Reia just wouldn't listen. "I see why Genki's so angry with Jinguji now... He's one of Chicken Basket too, isn't he?"

"Sera..." Amu answers. 

"Of course." Reia just rolls his eyes and goes towards the back doors. Amu stops him though.

"Are you mad?"

"I don't know what to feel, Amu." That was the answer before Reia pulls his arm away from the other and leaves. Amu just sighs, mentally adding Reia to the list of people that they've made upset by being Chicken Basket. Before he goes back to the kitchen, he sees that there could potentially be more trouble. But, he doesn't have the time to deal with it because their manager is calling him into the kitchen again.

One of the potential problems that Amu had seen was Kentaro's lover. The boys had once hung out during their lunch break since all of them went to the same school other than Takuto and Kentaro, so they took the opportunity to see who everyone was crushing on. Since Keigo was the only one Amu, Aran, Jinguji, and Fu didn't know, the boys spent the break looking for the other, to show them what he looked like. That was the same for Aran, Myuto, Ryuya, and Shori, who didn't know Reia. Kentaro had noticed his lover too and was happy to see him. "I'm sorry about the last time you came... I was in a bad mood, but I'm glad you came back." Kentaro smiles warmly when he reaches the table.

"I just wanted to get one more meal here, I'm not going to be coming anymore after this." Keigo answers him, making Kentaro frown at him.

"Why not? I thought you liked me." 

"Don't pout, I didn't lie about that. But... I liked you as a celebrity-crush thing, you know? I have a boyfriend now and... I reallly love him. I don't want him to get the wrong idea if he were to one day come in here and see us together, you know?" Kentaro had to hold back the laugh that was threatening to escape at the younger boy's explanation.

"Alright, I understand." He nods. "So, what would you like?" The younger boy smiles at him and orders before Kentaro goes to retrieve the order. Unknown to him though, the bracelet had fallen out of his pocket and Keigo noticed. Picking it up, he stares at Kelly's retreating form before pocketting the accessory, deciding to question about it when she comes back. "Here you go." Kelly is smiling at him after ten minutes, serving the food.

"Thank you." Keigo smiles. "But... By chance... Did you drop a bracelet?"

"A bracelet?" Kentaro blinks and suddenly realizes something, checking in his pockets and frowning.

"What is it?"

"I lost it..." The older boy frowns, making the other raise a brow at him questioningly. "My boyfriend's gift to me... I put it in my pocket but... It's not there anymore... I have to find it, it's important." He explains before starting to look. Keigo just shakes his head, not being able to help laughing at his boyfriend. "Don't laugh... I'm being serious here! It's really important to me."

"Then you shouldn't keep it in your pocket."  The younger boy shrugs, pulling out the bracelet and putting it back on to the other's wrist. "Yassu."

"You saw it... Didn't you? You saw it fall out of my pocket."Keigo nods at the question.

"How could you not tell me? You know, I may have been cold to you, but... Never once in our friendship have I lied to you."

"It's not like I lied... I just kept it from you. There's things you haven't told me either."

"Alright, alright... But I'm still annoyed at you. What if someone had asked you out? I know you can't refuse..."

"That's true..." Kentaro frowns at him before being pulled on to the younger's lap.

"Make it up to me then." Blinking innocently at his younger boyfriend, Kentaro found himself being pulled into a kiss, only to be released from the kiss a second later as Keigo looks at him oddly. "What did you..."

"I took a sip of your drink beforehand." He answers, looking over to the drink. "I wanted to kiss you and just thought to go with my instinct, then explain later."

"It tastes different though."

"I didn't give you what you ordered, that's why." The older boy smiles, making his boyfriend give him a questioning look. "Remember how I said I wouldn't have treated you like that if your parents hadn't asked me to?" Finally, the younger boy caught up to what his older boyfriend was saying.

"You gave me..." Before he could finish, he was pulled into another kiss.

"Don't say it out loud, idiot. I'll get into trouble for giving a minor alcohol." Kentaro whispers against the other's lips. If someone hadn't called him, he would have gone in for another kiss. But, he stood back up with a pout before smiling sweetly to his boyfriend. "I would have treated you like an adult if I had the choice." He winked, looking at the drink again before looking back to the younger boy. "So don't get my true actions mixed up with my forced actions, okay?" With that said, he kisses the younger on the forehead and was about to leave when the other catches his wrist.

"So... If you consider me an adult..." Keigo starts. "Does that mean we can do other things?"

"Other things?" Kentaro questions, biting his lip so he doesn't laugh at his boyfriend's blush. "Maybe." He kisses the other's cheek. "I'll think about it." The younger nods as he watches his boyfriend walk away to attend to the customer who had called him.

The other potential problem that Amu had seen was Shori's friends. He knew Kento and Sou, so he hoped that they wouldn't notice him. The customers never noticed even if the boys did know them, but Sou's boyfriend in particular was smart. Amu knew that. And if Sou's boyfriend knew, more than likely that he would know too. MHe could find out by himself too, it's not that hard once you get past the makeup that the boys used. "Hello boys." Shori smiled to his friends once he got to their table. He then looked over to Fuma apologetically. "I am so sorry for not getting back to you, Fuma. I was contemplating whether to accept you or not."

"If you have someone, it's okay." Fuma assured. Shori was going to say that he did have someone, someone that he loves very much, but Fuma pulled something out of his pocket. "But, I do have a present for you before you give me your answer."

"Oh?" Shori blinks at him. Fuma pulls out a wristwatch and Shori gasps.

"You remember? It's the one you wanted, but couldn't get because the place was closed." Since their dates are usually when everything is closed, for one of the dates, they went to the movies that were attached to a mall. The mall was still open, but the stores inside were closed, so after the movie, they looked around the mall. "So, I went back the next day and got it for you. But, we haven't been here in a while, so I never got the chance to give it to you."

"Thank you." Shori beams at Fuma, once again comparing his friend to his boyfriend. Kento never paid him that much attention that he knew what he wanted. Even if he did, he never got it for Shori. Sighing to himself, he smiled at the other boys. "What would all of you like? I'll go get the order." He wasn't planning to before, but now, even if it was wrong, he wanted to say yes to Fuma. Of course, in his mind he thought that only the Chicken Basket members as well as Sou and Marius would know, so he would be able to get away with two-timing without his two boyfriends actually finding out.

"Have you decided though, Dani?" Marius blinks at Shori questioningly, but the older boy can see more than just questioning in his eyes. There was also a tiny bit of hatred. Of course, Shori couldn't blame the boy for that. Marius knew that he was playing their friends, of course he hated him for that.

"I have." Shori nods, hoping the youngest boy can see the apologetic look in his eyes before he turns to look at Fuma. "I will go out with you." Sou and Marius just blink at him, astonishment evident on their faces. Kento smiles warmly to his friend, congratulating him for the new relationship while Fuma himself was left speechless.

"That's something I never expected..." Sou mutters, making sure Shori hears him. The older boy can only smile nervously at his friend as an answer, hoping that he would understand the explanation later.

"Lets celebrate this." Kento suggests, giving Shori an order for drinks.

"Don't you have to be at Shori's house though?" Fuma asks. Sou and Marius look over to their friend, who the other two think is Dani.

"I do, but he's not home yet, I checked. So, lets celebrate and then I can go." The oldest explained, shooing the leader of Chicken Basekt off to get the orders.

"Just don't tell your parents." Shori winks to Sou and Marius who blink at him before looking over to their oldest friend. Kento just grins at them.

"Just this once, since we might never witness Fuma getting a guy again."

"Hey!" The said boy hits the older on the shoulder.

"Well then... You guys enjoy yourselves, I have work to do." With that said, Shori walks back to the kitchen. When he comes out with the new orders and walks past his friends' table though, he collapsed, spilling the order all over the floor. Groaning with annoyance at the pain from last night's activities, Shori wonders why he didn't just take the day off as he gets up. But by this time, his friends are already staring at him. He blinks at them oddly with the silent question evident in his eyes.

"Shori..." Kento and Fuma say at the same time. Shori blinks at them before touching his head. The wig had slightly fallen off, revealing his real bangs, which of course made his face more obvious. Especially to his childhood friends.

"I... I can explain..." Shori smiles nervously as the two oldest get up, not looking too happy anymore.

"Oh, you're going to explain alright." Kento grabs his wrist, pulling him up rather harshly before pulling him out of the restaurant and into a nearby alleyway, Fuma following right behind the couple.

"Kento, let me go... It hurts..." Shori complains before being thrown against one of the buildings and slapped across the face. Fuma cringes as he watches the couple silently. Wordlessly, the youngest boy brings his hand up to the cheek that Kento had just slapped, most likely not with everything he had, but enough of it to get his feelings through. He was angry. Shori didn't expect anything but anger if the two ever found out about his secret.

"You know what hurts me, Shori?" The oldest of the three questioned his boyfriend. Of course, it was a rhetorical question, both Fuma and Shori knew that. "That you would go behind my back and have dates with one our good friends and then... Like that wasn't enough, you accept him as Dani." Shori couldn't say anything. What was he supposed to say in this kind of situation? That he was sorry? That would just make Kento even more angry. "Do I really mean that little to you?" That wasn't a rhetorical question, but Shori didn't know how to answer it without hurting his boyfriend even more.

"That's not it... You mean a lot to me." He started because he had to start somewhere.

"Then why?"

"At least let him explain..." Fuma finally interrupted them. "And don't tell me to stay out of it, Kento. I'm as much a part of this as you two are. Since Dani accepted me even when he has a boyfriend." Shori just looks away, wishing they wouldn't bring that up. "So? Why? Did you think you could get away with it since you have Kento as Shori but have me as Dani?"

"I didn't think that at first... I didn't even want to go on that date with you at first." Shori sighs. "The first date I had no choice... Our manager didn't give me an option."

"What about the other dates with Fuma then?" Kento asks. "He told us there were others."

"There were..." The youngest nods.

"Why? Wasn't I enough for you?"

"Don't give me that!" Shori finally snaps at his boyfriend, making the two older boys a little surprised. "You slowly lost the time to be with me and moreover, Fuma actually paid attention to me. He paid attention when I said I liked the watch and even was kind enough to get it for me. When was the last time you did that for me?" Kento and Fuma just look at each other knowingly.

"I think it's time, Kento." Shori blinks at Fuma's words as Kento rolls his eyes and starts walking away from the two. "He'll be back." Fuma assures when Shori is about to go after him. True to Fuma's words, Kento came back a couple minutes later. He came back with a box. When he was close enough to Shori, the youngest boy noticed that there were holes on the lid of the box.

"You know, you really don't deserve this after what you did." Kento starts. "But, because I'm a nice person and because I worked hard... Here." He presents the box to Shori, expecting him to take it. Shori does, taking off the lid to reveal a sleeping puppy inside.

"When did you..." Shori starts, but gets interrupted by Kento.

"When I "lost the time to be with you" is when I got her." Kento explains. "You may think I haven't been paying attention, but I have. I paid attention when you said you wished you could have a pet and that it was lonely when you're home alone." Shori was surprised. He had thought that his boyfriend was only paying attention to the road at the time. "So, I took some extra shifts at work, to get paid more. That's why I've been so busy... A pet isn't cheap and I didn't have enough to get you one with the salary I was getting." Shori frowned at the explanation. He had cheated, thinking that Kento's feelings for him were vanishing. But in reality, he was busy because of him. He felt guilty. "I was busy because of you. Because I wanted to surprised you on our one year anniversary with the dog."

"Our one year..." Shori starts, realizing what day it was. "That's..."

"Today, yeah." His boyfriend nods. "You forgot, didn't you?" Shori nods shamefully as Kento sighs, frowning at him. Fuma just shakes his head with disapproval. "And you say I'm the bad boyfriend..." With that said, the oldest boy is about to walk away, but Shori grabs on to his wrist desperately.

"Please, Kento. I'm sorry... Please forgive me..."

 


 

A/N: I'll leave it there cuz cliffhanger~ Anyway, someone please comment? I want some comments at least.