Silent Battles

Reality vs Illusion

"What about you, Amu? Same reason as the rest? That you were scared to tell me?" Reia asks as Amu nods. "To think I confessed to you too..."

"It's fine, Genki did too." Jinguji assures Reia. The said boy just glares a little.

"Stay out of it... Seriously, why do you guys doubt your own friends?"

"Well... To be fair. Keigo was cold to me for the longest time ever." Kentaro pointed out, getting a hard pinch on his cheek as a response from his boyfriend. 

"It was a misunderstanding, let it go." The younger boy frowns as Kentaro rubs his cheek to stop the pain from the pinch.

"Anyway..." Reia continues. "I wouldn't have really said much about it. It's your job, so I can't really say anything without sounding like a jerk, right?"

"Well..." Jinguji starts. "There is more..."

"Oh?" Reia asks him before looking back to Amu. "What more?"

"I... Kinda like you. More than a friend..." Amu admitted. He figured that since Reia had already fallen for him, even if it was while he was a girl and Reia didn't exactly know, that he could confess his feelings without having too much to lose.

"Well... You already know how I feel." Reia answered. "And, that wasn't even just for you as a member of Chicken Basket. That feeling towards you was there for a long time. I fell for you a long time ago." Amu was surprised to hear that. He knew Reia thought of him as a friend, but he never once imagined that the other boy thought of him as more than a friend.

"Now that we've got your love lives out of the way..." Marius starts. "Shori's in the staff room, right?" The other Chicken Basket members just nod as the youngest boy goes to the back.

"Hey!" Jinguji calls. "It's called the staff room for a reason, you know?"

"Well then, get Shori out here." Fuma crosses his arms over his chest expectantly.

"You can't be serious..." Jinguji frowns.

"He is." Genki nods. "Just get Shori out here."

"We'll go." Myuto voluteers, taking Ryuya by the arm and dragging him to the staff room. A few minutes later, the two boys come out with a struggling Shori in the middle of them.

"Shori." Fuma calls to his friend, trying to get his attention. When Shori stopped struggling and blinked at him, he continued. "You never told us the reason. Why did you not tell us that you were Dani?"

"I was thinking that you guys didn't need to know. And then, after you asked me out on a date, I really couldn't tell you. I couldn't hurt Kento, but..." Shori frowned, the sadness being obvious in his eyes. "In the end, I did."

"Did he..." Takuto starts, stopping himself quickly. He didn't want to hurt Shori even more than he already was. And bringing up the possibility that the two had broken up would definitely hurt Shori more.

"He didn't, but he didn't have to... It was obvious by his actions." Shori answers the older boy. 

The boys left it there. One, because Shori was in no mood to talk to anyone. And two, because they started to get customers, therefore not being able to talk with their friends any longer. After the group split up, Fuma called Kento. The older boy answered quickly, asking what Fuma wanted not in a very nice tone. Even so, the younger answered that he wanted to meet. Kento disagreed at first, but Fuma knew his weaknesses and convinced him. The two were now at a cafe that the five of them liked to hang out at. The group usually did their serious talks here, so the two agreed it would be a good place to meet. "So, what do you want?" Kento asked after ordering his drink.

"You still really like Shori, don't you?" Fuma asks.

"It doesn't even matter if I do. He was pretty clear about what he wanted and what he wanted wasn't me."

"You don't know that. Everyone makes mistakes... Besides, if you won't take him, I will."

"What are you saying?"

"It's true that you never said "we're over" but still... You're not doing anything to show that you're still together, right? So technically speaking... Shori's single now. I can take him, right?"

"Fuma, there are rules to these things. You can't just take my ex..."

"Oh, so you admit he's your ex?" Fuma interrupts, getting a glare from the older boy.

"Not the point! The points is, that's breaking the bro code! That, and I would never forgive you if you took him away from me. Do you want to ruin our friendship?"

"Fine, if you won't let me have him and we won't fight each other for him, how about this instead?" Fuma suggests. "I'll go on a date with him. If he rejects me, I'll back off and move on."

"So... We're letting Shori decide?"

"Basically." The younger boy nods. "It will be fair if Shori chooses for himself, right? He's known us both for a long time and he won't be biased either."

"How do you know that?"

"Because he wasn't last time, remember?"

"The secret dates you two went on, you mean?" Kento growls. "Yeah, how can I forget?"

"The point being..." Fuma starts, not wanting his friend to get angry just at the mention of his ex-boyfriend and his best friend cheating behind his back. "It will be fair if he chooses. And the one he doesn't pick can't cry, whine, or complain about the his decision. Deal?"

"Deal." Kento agrees. "When will this date of yours happen, exactly?"

"Maybe after a few weeks... Shori's kinda..." Fuma starts, but stops himself.

"Kinda?" The older boy asks, raising a brow at the younger boy.

"Kinda busy." The younger lies. He knows if he told Kento now, he wouldn't get a fair chance. No doubt that Kento will go see Shori if he knows that the younger boy is under depression because of him. And right now, Shori would undoubtedly be more biased towards Kento.

Kento and Fuma weren't the only ones going through a silent battle. Despite what Jinguji said, Fu couldn't elp his feelings. It took some time since Kishi was angry at Aran and Kaito as well as the rest of Chicken Basket, but he finally got close to the other boy again. A week after Kishi had found out about his ex-boyfriend cheating, though he was still angry at Aran and Kaito, he was at least talking to Fu. Which made the younger boy happy.

But of course, Fu wanted more than just his friendship. So, he thought that now would be a good time to confess. The older boy seemed distracted and not thinking about his ex anymore anyway. "Yuta..." Fu starts, getting the other's attention.

"Hm?" The older boy hums, silently telling the younger to continue. The two were on the roof of the school at the moment. It was lunch break. And normally, they wouldn't hang out together like this because at school, they had different friend groups. But, the older boy didn't hang out with his friends for a week, ever since that incident at the restaurant.

"I... Really like you. Way more than a friend." Before the older boy could even answer, he found himself being pulled into a gentle kiss. When the younger had pulled away, Kishi noticed he was blushing. "I had to do that... Even if it was just one time."

"I don't..." The older boy starts, but then stops. Fu blinks at him before looking over to where Kishi is looking. Kaito was there, frozen in place. Fu just looks between the two ex-lovers awkwardly. What he didn't expect was to be pulled into another kiss. Naturally, he kisses back though. Why wouldn't he? He's been in love with Kishi for so long now. When the older boy pulls away, he sighs with relief because Kaito is gone. "Sorry I had to do that..."

"No, it's fine." The younger was smiling but then frowned, looking to the place where Kaito had been before. "Do you not want him back though?"

"I honestly don't know... I mean... Of course I do, but if he doesn't feel the same way, then... There's really no point and I should move on, right?"

"You should talk to him about it..."

"I thought you liked me..." The older boy blinks in confusion. "Shouldn't you be telling me to move on anyway, so that you can hanve a chance with me?"

"Despite him cheating on you, you still obviously like him..." Fu starts. "So, you should at least hear his side of the story and know his feelings. And, if you don't want to get back together with him after that, then yes, I'll be waiting for you. And I do promise I'll treat you better than Kaito did if you do give me a chance."

"You're not like Aran, are you?" Kishi smiles.

"Why does everyone compare us? Just because we both fell for taken guys doesn't mean we're the same..." Fu frowns at the older boy, getting his hair ruffled by the said boy.

"Sorry. But, yeah, I'll talk to him... Not now, but, eventually."

And Kishi did. Within a few weeks, he went to the restaurant, waiting for one of them to come to him. Kaito was the first to notice him, but he quickly went to the Chicken Basket member who wasn't already taking someone's order. Which just-so-happened to be Aran. "Take Yuta's order, will you, Yuri?" Aran looks over to where Kaito is pointing. Seeing Kishi just makes him shake his head, telling Kaito he won't do it.

"He hates me, remember?"

"Well, everyone else is busy and I'm not going to take it!" Kaito retorts.

"But..."

"Guys, quit arguing. Somone take his damn order." Shori, who had heard their argument since he was the closest to where they were, scolded them.

"Yuri, go." Kaito pushes Aran towards the table, going the opposite way as another table calls over a waiter/waitress. Aran sighs, having no choice but to go take Kishi's order. As he approaches the table, the older boy glares at him with pure hatred.

"I know you don't like me, but... Just give me your order... The others are busy." Aran explains.

"First, I wouldn't give you my order even if you were the only one remaining here. That's how much I dislike you."

"I know... And, you have every right to dislike me... What I did was wrong. But... Kaito is also partially to blame."

"Speaking of Kaito... That's number two. I need to talk to Kaito. Can you call him out?"

"He actually asked me to serve you... So, no."

"That's smart of him... Get the person I hate the most to serve me." The older boy snickers a little but gets up. Walking past Aran, Kishi finds his ex taking the order of a table full of girls whowere obviously flirting with him. With a growl, the older boy takes Kaito by the arm roughly and drags him out of the restaurant.

"Yuta, what are you doing?" Kaito asks but doesn't get an answer. "I'm taking my break! Yuri, take my place at that table." He calls before the other can completely drag him away. When the older boy finally lets go of him, Kaito asks again. "Seriously, what was that?"

"Those girls were flirting with you." 

"And? It's not like I can feel guilty about flirting back since I'm single." The younger boy points out before frowning and mumbling to himself. "Besides... You have Fu now anyway..."

"What are you talking about? We aren't a thing."

"You kissed him! The first time, I don't know what happened since I came as you two were pulling apart, but the second time, you were the one who kissed him."

"I only did that so you would go away. I was still angry at you back then."

"And what about now? Aren't you still angry?"

"I am." Kishi nods. "But, I'll give you a chance to explain now. I did before, but when you said you didn't know, I kinda was rash and left without giving you more of a chance. So, talk."

"I seriously don't know... I wish I did. I really wish I had a proper answer for you as to why I cheated, but I don't." The older boy sighs at his ex's answer.

"I don't get it.... I'm not saying I was the world's best boyfriend, I mean... There are better boyfriends, but... I wasn't the worst one ever, right? I did give you everything a lover is supposed to give..."

"Well..." Kaito starts, thinking about what the difference between Kishi and Aran was. But, it still didn't come to him. "Sorry... I still can't quite explain."

"It's fine. You can tell me when you do know how to explain." With that, the older boy started to walk away. Unknown to him, Kaito was following him. The two passed a couple sitting on a bench, just as the girl was going to open the present her boyfriend gave her. The two boys stopped to cover their ears at the high-pitched squeal of the girl. Looking over at the couple, they saw her kissing her boyfriend's cheek and reapeating "I love you" to him with pure excitement.

"That's it." Kaito says, the emotion of happiness playing into his eyes too.

"What's it?" Kishi asks him with confusion.

"The reason I cheated on you." The younger boy clarifies. "It was because of that... You never once said you loved me... Aran... He said it all the time and I could tell that he meant it too." The older boy just blinks at his ex before sighing sadly.

"Is that really necessary? Couldn't you tell that I loved you by my actions? The kisses we shared, the hugs, the time I spent preparing our dates, and there were a lot of other things too, you know?"

"I'm sorry..." The younger of the two pouts, realizing his mistake.

"You should go back to work..." That's all the older boy said before walking away, leaving his ex standing there with regret.

 


 

A/N: So, I'm letting you guys decide after the date. Please do comment your opinons and I will write it according to what majority wants.