Playing with The Heart 2

Reality vs Illusion

"Are you sure you guys don't need me?" Kentaro asks Shori who picks up two orders and shakes his head at the older boy.

"Keigo is expecting you soon, you can't let him down!"

"But..."

"We'll be fine, go!" With that said, Shori leaves to serve the orders in his hands. Kentaro sighs, going to the staff bathroom to change and leaving out the back door so no one notices him and figures out he's Kelly. Getting into his car, he puts his bag on to the passenger seat and starts the engine before driving to Keigo's house. When he got there, he rang the doorbell, waiting patiently for someone from inside to answer. It wasn't as if this was his first time here, but usually, he would come to surprise Keigo or with his family. This time, Keigo had invited him over, so he was feeling a bit uneasy about it. When the door finally opened, Keigo's little brother smiled at him warmly.

"Aniki, Kentaro's here." He called up the stairs to his older brother as Kentaro took off his shoes. "Go on up." The younger of the two smiled and Kentaro couldn't help but ruffle his hair before going up to Keigo's room where he found the younger already attempting to work on his homework.

"Hey." The older boy knocks on the door to get his friend's attention before going into the room and taking a seat on the bed. The clock read 8:00pm and Keigo frowned at him.

"You're late, I thought you were going to ditch me."

"Like I could." Kentaro mumbles with a frown, thinking about how persistent Shori was about him going.

"What?"

"Nothing. Anyway, what do you need help with?" Kentaro asks, looking over the younger's shoulder to see the homework.

The study session went on for about two hours, Kentaro trying his best to explain to the younger boy so he would understand, which thankfully he did. And after he understood it, he would do the questions, going to the back of the book to see if he got the answer right. When he didn't, he turned to Kentaro, asking him to check over his work and point out where he had made the first mistake so that he could try again to get the right answer. "Thank you so much, Kentaro." Keigo sighs, packing up his homework after he had finished and gotten all the right answers.

"No problem." The older boy smiles, laying back on to the bed in relief that his friend was finally done. Finishing packing everything, Keigo looks over to his bed, smiling at the older boy's exhausted yet relieved features. He gets up from his desk and joins the other on the bed, falling back to lay down beside him, which surprises Kentaro. "What are you doing?"

"Relaxing. What does it look like?"

"That's not what i meant..."

"Then what?"

"Nothing, nevermind." Keigo frowns at that and gets up as Kentaro blinks.

"Shouldn't you go now?"

"Huh? Wait... Can't we hang out? I mean, you said yourself that you missed me..."

"Well, I was wrong. I didn't. I just needed your help because I had no one else, that's all." The younger boy interrupts him. "Now that you've helped, you can go."

"What's with you?" Kentaro snaps at him, getting up too. Keigo blinks at him with shock. Never has Kentaro snapped at him within all those years that they've known each other. "What did I ever do to you, Keigo? Why have you become so cold towards me?" The younger boy just bites his bottom lip and looks away, not answering the question. "And then you call me and tell me you miss me. Do you know how happy I was to hear that?" Hearing that the older boy's voice has changed, Keigo decides to look up at him, but instantly regrets it. Kentaro's eyes are brimmed with tears. "But now you say that you were wrong and that you only needed me to help you because you didn't have anyone else... Does our friendship mean nothing to you now?"

"I never..." Keigo started but Kentaro interrupts him.

"Don't. Just don't. Especially if you're going to say that my friendship means a lot to you because clearly it doesn't with how you're acting." With that said, the older boy stands up, heading for the door. He's stopped by a pair of arms hugging him from behind though.

"Don't go, Kentaro. I'm sorry about what I just said, but... I did mean what I said over the phone." Kentaro just sighs, pulling Keigo's arms off of him and turning to face the younger boy.

"Stop, please. Stop playing with my heart... After years of you being cold, you finally admit you miss me and I'm really happy but then... It's all broken and you're cold again. Why do you do this to me?"

"I can't... I can't tell you that."

"You don't need to because I won't be around anymore, don't worry."

"Huh?" Keigo asks with confusion.

"Clearly you don't want me around and I've been trying for years to get you to be nice to me again, but I'm tired, Keigo. I'm tired of this. So before I back out of this decision, lets just end this."

"End..." The younger boy was dumbstruck, unable to process what the other was saying.

"Goodbye, Keigo." Kentaro smiles at him before turning back around and walking out, from not only the younger's bedroom, but from his life too.

After Kentaro had left the restaurant, thanks to Shori's persistence, the other boys started to clean up and get ready to close the restaurant for the day. Once everything is cleaned and closed up, Shori leaves through the front doors while the rest leave through the back. He was going on a date with Fuma now. He wasn't excited, but the thought didn't exactly disgust him either. He was perfectly content with the situation. And determined to make the date friendly rather than intimate or memorable. Shori felt a pair of arms hug him from behind and had to use all his will power not to jump with surprise. Turning around to face the owner of the arms, he came face-to-face with a smiling Fuma. "Ready to go?" The older boy asks. Shori nods.

"Where are we going?" He asks curiously.

"Where ever the wind takes us?" Fuma replies. Shori chuckles a bit, shaking his head at his friend's pun with his own name. "Lets go." Fuma motions to his car, smiling at the fact that he could make Dani chuckle with a lame pun like that. Shori is about to get into the car when Fuma stops him, making the younger blink at him questioningly. "A gentleman should get the door for the lady, isn't that right?" With that said, the older boy opens the door for Shori.

"Thank you." Shori smiles sweetly, getting inside the car before Fuma wanting to get to know Dani a bit, the car ride was quiet and it gave Shori a bit of time to think. His guilty conscience were yelling at him for cheating on Kento, telling him how disappointed Kento would be if he were to find out. But his heart was telling him something else. It had been a long time since Kento had done something sweet and simple like holding the door open for him. Sure, Kento did do sweet things for him, like their recent date to the beach, but... Fuma's sweet side was definitely different from Kento's sweet side.

"You know, you're different than I expected." Fuma's voice got Shori out of his thoughts and he bllinked at his friend questioningly.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean... I kinda expected you to be more feminine, but... You remind me a lot of one of my friends."

"Um... Is that a good thing?" Shori bit his bottom lip, hoping that Fuma wouldn't find out it was him and then tell Kento. Yes, unlike Kentaro, Shori didn't lie about his preferences.

"Well... I like that friend more than I should. He knows it and teases me, but our other friend, his boyfriend, he doesn't know."

"Ah, so it's technically a secret then?"

"Yeah." Fuma nods. "You remind me of him... The one I like, not his boyfriend. So, it's a good thing."

"I'm glad."

"Anyway, we're here." With that said, Fuma stops the car and cuts the engine. Shori looks out the window to see where they were, but he could barely make anything out in the dark. He could only make out that they were in a spacious area with some kind of body of water because it was colder than it was suposed to be that night.

"Where are we?"

"You'll see, come on." Fuma took Shori's hand, leading the way to their final destination. Shori looked down at their hands, wondering when the last time Kento held his hand was. It was a long time ago. About the time when they confessed to each other and then got together as a couple. They did hold hands before leaving for that beach trip, but they were interrupted and then Kento practically dragged him to the car which wasn't romantic at all. "You're zoning out again." Fuma's voice once again returns Shori back to reality. He looks over at Fuma and frowns apologetically.

"Sorry... I was just thinking of something."

"Clearly something important... Or painful."

"Happy, actually." Shori corrects him.

"Well, we're close, so don't ditch me for a more happy moment in your life, alright?"

"No promises." Fuma blinks at him with shock as Shori just smiles at him teasingly. But in reality, he really couldn't promise that to his friend. Since the date had started, he's been zoning out and comparing his friend with his boyfriend. He would have to yell at his future brother-in-law for this later, but right now, he had to at least try and focus on the date with Fuma.

The two were indeed close. After five more minutes of walking, Shori had to cover his eyes because of the lights that suddenly within their pitch black surroundings. When his eyes had adjusted to the light, he saw that he had been right about them being near a body of water. A river to be exact. There was a boat sitting in the water with what looked like a dining table on the deck. "I hope you don't get motion sickness." Fuma smiles shyly as Shori shakes his head, telling him that he doesn't.

Once they had gotten on to the boat, Fuma led him to the table where he also pulled out the chair for Shori, making the younger boy smile at him as he gave his thanks. Another thing that Kento didn't do anymore, Shori counted as the waiter came to them with the menus. Shori frowned at the menu as he looked through, not knowing what the dishes were. Fuma noticed and ordered for him, which Shori noted was another thing that Kento didn't do anymore. Actually, they never went out for dinner anymore, his boyfriend just didn't have the time with all the things he had to do. So, when Fuma had suggested to go to the restaurant to see Chicken Basekt, Shori was more than a little surprised that Kento didn't disagree. That or leave right after the performance.

Shori was startled out of his thoughts when the waiter came back with the food. Well-cooked and juicy steak with fresh looking lettuce and a variety of vegetables sprinkled on to it. There were even mashed potatoes on the other side of the steak. Looking up at Fuma, Shori saw a smile. "You've probably not eaten and sometimes it's better to get out of the same old Japanese food we're used to eating." The older boy explains. Him and Kento definitely don't try new things together anymore, Shori counts another thing that Fuma has over his boyfriend.

After the wonderful meal and some light conversations, Fuma pulls Shori to what was meant to be a dance floor instead of the boat's deck. Leaning his head on Fuma's shoulder, Shori notes again that Kento had never done this sort of thing for him. Despite being his boyfriend, Shori still felt like just one of Kento's other friends. But with Fuma, he felt as if he were a princess or a queen and Fuma was spoiling him with all the jewels in the world. Even after the dance too. Shori thought he couldn't be surprised any more that night, but he was wrong. As they pulled apart, Fuma gave him a beautiful, bright-red rose. "For the princess that stole my heart." Fuma smiles and much to Shori's hatred, he was blushing and giggling like a schoolgirl at the cheesy words.

The date ended and Fuma had dropped Shori off at the restaurant again, by his request and persistence that he could get home by bus. But before he let Shori go for the day, he pulled the younger boy into a kiss. Not a long or passionate one, but a short and sweet one. That still left Shori stunned though. And even if he told himself earlier not to make the date anything but friendly, he definitely felt his heart fluttering for Fuma at the moment. That was undeniable. "I... That was unexpected." Shori explained when he caught Fuma's curious glance.

"Sorry." The older boy apologizes but doesn't sound sorry at all. "But, you knew you were my favourite before this, right? Well, now I can honestly say that I really like you." Shori nods understandingly at his words but then notices Fuma frowning. "If you don't feel the same way though... Or if you have someone else, then please tell me. I wouldn't want to break the relationship you have with another person. That, and I don't want my heart played with just because you have to do this for customer service."

"I..." Shori was going to answer but then remembered what his future brother-in-law said about him having a boyfriend as Shori, but not as Dani. But he knew his boyfriend was sensitive and that this would hurt him if he ever found out Dani's true identity. It would hurt both Kento and Fuma as well as himself.

"Nevermind, you don't have to answer now, I just... Gave you a bomb shell basically. Tell me after thinking it over a bit if you don't have anyone, alright?" Fuma asks. Shori would have said that he already did have someone, but his voice was betraying him and refusing to come out, so he just nodded his agreement, watching Fuma drive off into the night before going inside and changing.

 


 

A/N: Double update done~ And here's the drama like I promised~ Sorry that this chapter was a bit longer than the others, I just had a little more to write when it was about the same amount, so that's why. Oh, and if any of you don't know, fuma means wind in Japanese~ I put that in and then realized. So I'm like "it would be a good pun" and just left it.