The Job

Reality vs Illusion

His sister opened the door a crack to look at him after that was said. "Will you really help me?" She asks, the hope in her voice seeping out. Shori nods, wondering why she even had to question that. He's her brother, of course he would help her. Shori then realized that a lot of siblings wouldn't help each other. That being thought though, he wasn't like that. He would help his siblings if they really needed it, which his sister did at this point. He just wasn't prepared for one thing, the request itself.

"He needs entertainment for the store." His sister explains. "Can you and a few friends do it?"

"Store? I thought you said he lost his job." Shori points out, confused of the situation now. His sister nods and continues.

"He lost his job, yes. But, a friend asked him for help with his store. A restaurant, actually. He's in charge of sales, but the thing is, the restaurant isn't so popular..."

"So, his friend gave him an impossible job?" Shori interrupts her and she nods.

"He thought that maybe he could get some entertainment, but... All his ideas are failing. Can you help him out? You're young and know what's cool these days."

"I'll try..." Shori nods, but then blinks at his sister in question. "How am I supposed to get friends to agree to this?"

"I don't know, ask around if any of them need jobs or something." His sister shrugs, going back into her room and closing the door behind her as Shori sighs with frustration. This was going to be harder than he initially thought.

The next day, Kento came over and Shori remembered his classmate that he had introduced the day before. He wondered if he had a job since he didn't know about his own friends and didn't know how many he could get. "Kento, does Yasui have a job?" Kento blinks at him for that question and thinks about it.

"I don't think so... Why?"

"My sister wants my help, but I need some friends for this job... I don't know about my school friends, so... I was wondering if maybe some of your university friends would need a job." Shori explains, making Kento frown at him. Wondering why he got that reaction, Shori asks. "What's wrong?"

"Why don't you just ask me to help you?"

"Are you kidding? Between your classes, the job you already have, tutoring me, our dates, and actually getting a proper amount of sleep at night, how would you have the time to get a second job?" Shori asks the older boy, crossing his arms over his chest. "That's why I didn't ask you."

"Fine, I'll ask Kentaro on Monday." Kento sighs, defeated. "I think I have a friend who's looking for a job too, I'll ask him if he wants it. What do they have to do?"

"I'm not sure yet... My sister just said it's something to do with entertainment at a restaurant. It depends on what her boyfriend wants us to do." Shori explained.

"Alright, I'll ask both of them on Monday and text you their answers."

"Thank you." The younger boy smiles at his boyfriend, getting out his English book. "Now help me with English, please." Kento just shook his head at the other, but took a look at Shori's English book.

"If you wanted help in English, you should have just asked Marius." Kento sighed. "You know he's better than me at English."

"Yes, but you're pretty good at English and you were coming over anyway." Shori explained. Kento nods, accepting that as an answer. "And if it makes you feel better, I'll ask Marius some time before Monday too. So he can correct it if it's wrong."

"Yeah, do that." Kento nods in agreement before explaining to Shori what he needs to do for the English homework he has been given. He watches as Shori understands now since he explained it in Japanese. But of course, Shori still had to do the assignment itself, in English. So as Shori wrote down the answers in English, Kento helped him with grammar. The English homework took the longest since they weren't used to the language and the different rules it contained. Even if Kento was better than Shori at English, he's sure that he made Shori do a few mistakes in the assignment. Though, the younger boy was going to ask Marius later, so it didn't really bother him all that much. So, he focused on helping Shori with his other subjects if the younger boy needed it.

After what seemed like forever, Shori was finally done most of his homework. With the exception of the English that he would have to ask Marius about later. Finally being done his responsibility of being Shori's tutor, the older boy was going to pull his boyfriend into a kiss, but Shori's two brothers came into the room, wanting to watch T.V. since the two were working in the living room. Kento pulled away immediately and let out a frustrated sigh as Shori only laughed at him for his misfortune. Lucky for them that Shori's brothers didn't question them on anything. They knew Kento was a good friend to Shori and just figured that he was telling their brother a secret or something and was pulling away after being done with the task.

The weekend flew by quickly as usual. And, despite wanting to kiss Kento after he had finished his homework on their study session, he didn't get to because of his brothers. His boyfriend had to go to work quickly after that attempt to kiss the younger boy, so Shori was a bit disappointed to how things turned out. But, he did manage to finish his English homework thanks to Marius who came over the next day and did the corrections, explaining to Shori how to do it and helping him with the grammar. And now it was Monday. The day everyone hated because it was the first day of the week and school.

Once Shori had gotten to school, he texted Kento to remind him about asking Kentaro and his friend about the job before going to his class and approaching Iwahashi Genki, one of his friends. "Genki, do you need a job?"

"A job?" The said boy questions and shakes his head as a reply but then remembers something. "Jinguji needs one though."

"Jinguji?" Shori questions, not knowing who the other boy was talking about. Or maybe he knew but forgot.

"Jinguji Yuta. You met him last year. I introduced you two since it was his first year here and he didn't have friends other than me. Remember?" Genki questions and Shori tries to remember that time. He did remember. The boy seemed shy at the time, unless it was towards Genki. But now, he was one of the most popular second-year boys there was. Genki hung out with him often, but Shori didn't, even if they become friends the year before. That's probably why he had forgotten about the boy.

"Yeah, I remember. Can you text him and ask if he can meet me at lunch to talk about it?" Genki nods, pulling out his phone and typing down a message before sending it off. Within a few minutes, he got a reply. Jinguji had agreed to meet Shori at lunch. He even said that he would bring a few friends who needed jobs too. "Thank you, Genki." Shori smiles brightly.

"Shori." He heard someone calling him and turned his attention to his two classmates, Morita Myuto and Shimekake Ryuya. "We overheard what you asked Genki. If you don't mind, we want to come too. We need to make some money and so, we need jobs." Ryuya explains and Shori guesses that it was him who had called out to him earlier.

"Well, I don't know how many people we'll need, but yeah, you two can come and see. If you don't like the work, you don't have to do it." Shori nods as the two boys smile at him.

When lunch time comes around, Shori had gotten a text from Kento saying that Kentaro and his friend would be happy to do the job. He texts back to tell the two to meet him and the others at the restaurant before texting the address to Kento. And now, Shori finds himself face-to-face with Jinguji Yuta and 3 others. Two that looked around Jinguji's age while the other one looked a bit younger. Maybe a year younger or so. "Genki said you wanted to meet to talk about a job?" Jinguji asks. Shori nods.

"Yeah, but... Who are your friends?" Jinguji glances over to his side before looking back at Shori.

"Only one is a friend. The other two... Well, I only know them because of mutural friends." He explains. "But, the friend is Haniuda Amu. Amu is looking for a job too, but having a lot of trouble. He just wants the work experience, not the money necessarily."

"Nice to meet you." Shori smiles at Amu as the younger boy smiles back at him.

"Anyway, this is Abe Aran, he's a friend of Miyachika's. You remember Miyachika, right?" Jinguji asks me.

"Miyachika Kaito, you mean? He's in your class, isn't he?" Jinguji nods.

"Yeah, Miyachika told me that Aran needed a job because he needed some money. The other is Takahashi Fu, he's Kishi's friend."

"How in the world does Kishi know a second-year student?" I ask Jinguji. Kishi Yuta was in my class and so, it shouldn't be possible for him to be friends with a second-year or first-year student. He only knew Jinguji because he's childhood best friends with Genki, who had introduced the other to him. He knew Kaito by chance because he had once heard his name as he passed Genki and his friends.

"First-year student." Fu corrects me. "And, we live in the same neighbourhood and go to the same cram school, so we always walk together. And, we became friends like that."

"Yeah, so... Miyachika and Kishi asked me to bring these two with me since they knew of the two wanting jobs." Jinguji explains.

"Well, you can all come because I don't know how many people he'll need. Meet me at the entrance and we'll go from there." The four boys nod in agreement before the five part ways to spend the rest of their lunch break with their respective group of friends.

After school, Shori waits for Myuto and Ryuya before the three of them go to the entrance to meet up with the four younger boys. Arriving at the entrance, they see Jinguji and Amu sitting on the stairs, talking. Fu and Aran were on their phones, sitting a step or two in front of the two boys that were talking. Jinguji was the first to notice Shori and the other two approach them and stood up to greet them. After introductions, the seven boys headed for the restaurant. There, they met up with Kentaro and Kento's friend. Kentaro introduced himself to the other six boys and they introduced themselves to him as well. They all looked to the unknown boy then. "I'm Teranishi Takuto." The boy introduced himself, looking over to Shori. "And you're Sato Shori, right? Kento has told me a lot about you. Good things, of course." Shori didn't know whether to be flattered that his boyfriend was saying good things about him or be annoyed that he was talking about him to someone that Shori didn't even know, so he just settled for a nod at the older boy.

The nine of them go inside and Shori calls out to his sister's boyfriend who comes out from the back and smiles at him. "Is this enough people? I didn't know how many you would need." Shori frowns.

"This is more than enough, thank you, Shori." His sister's boyfriend assures him and looks to the boys.

"What kind of work will we be doing?" Ryuya asks after the introducing session is done with.

"Live entertainment." Was the answer that they got.

 


 

A/N: Okay, second chapter done. The reason I don't use Jinguji's first name even when they're not addressing him is because there's Kishi who also has Yuta as his first name, so for them, I'll just say Jinguji and Kishi. Oh, and I'm going to change the "sister's boyfriend" to "future brother-in-law" since it will be easier.