Chapter 2-Fine...

That Keychain...

The moment I reached to the school gate, a hot furry red face stared at me. She was my Geography teacher. Just as I remembered...it was the day of the test. OMG...I'm so dead... The words kept rewinding in my head, like a playlist in my MP3. 

"Lee Shin Hye, you should have known that today is the day that you are taking your Geography test. Yet you came late for school. How irresponsible! Stand outside of the classroom till the test is over. I'll talk to you again after the test." 

Haiz...unlucky me today...

I dragged my feet to the destination that I'm supposed to carry out my punishment. I saw one similar face standing outside my classroom. It was the boy that I bumped into when rushing to school. Is he new or what? 

He looked at me with a shock expression on his face, as if he didn't expect me to be his classmate...? I assumed he was the new boy that my teacher was talking about yesterday since he looks lost. 

That boring one hour has pasted, my classmates run out of the classroom, discussing about the test. My teacher called me in and dismissed the new boy. So bias... I stood in front of my teacher with my hands behind my back, ready to face the music. 

"I guess that scolding is not a solution to this, so as detention. Right?" I nodded in agreement, she continues "What I could tell you is that you will have to take the test after school and your marks will be deducted by one-third." I again nodded to show agreement. 

"I had decided to have you and Jin Young as desk mates for the rest of the year. You will have to guide him around the school and help him catch up with his schoolwork."

 "Why me? Can't others do this 'job'?" I asked in an uncomfortable way. 

"Not only both of you were late for school today, you are the only student who sat alone in class, right? Even you're not late today, I'll still going to make him your desk mate." I have to agree with the statement my teacher said and I started nodding my head. "Treat this as your punishment for being late for the test, okay? You may leave now." 

I left the classroom while nodding my head. Haiz...why is it me again... I immediately hurried to the usual study corner I usually meet up with my friends. "What take you so long?" My very best friend since 5, Ji Ae, asked me in a clingy way. "Ya, what took you so long? What did the teacher told you?" My another best friend, Na Young, asked me in a curious way instead. Since both of them were eager to know what happened, I told them everything that happened this morning. 

Both of them do not seem amused. "I knew that there will be one day you will be late." "And what's his name again?" Both asked me the question at the same time. I narrowed my eyes at them and replied in a sloppy and low tone, "Mr. Park. Jin. Young". 

"Oh...okay...that name is...nice..." Na Young did not want to offend me, seeing me with dark clouds with lightning and heavy rain floating above me. Not only I had forgotten to study for Geography, the marks will be deducted by one-third. 

"Do you need help?" A deep male voice was heard, and not far.