Chapter 3-...

That Keychain...

Na Young used hand signals, instructing me to see who's behind me. I turned around with suspicions and saw someone similar standing at the corridor. "Shin Hye, you're lucky...." Ji Ae smiled at me. 

He's Mark Tuan, the team captain of the basketball team in school. He was strong, smart and people said that he is a well-manner student. Although he's very quiet, many girls still fall over heels for his charm. BUT, I'm not one of them. Na Young is one of them. Na Young looked at me with jealously. While me...my face was emotionless...

"Errr...I don't really need help. I'm fine, alone...with my friends...really" I replied, trying to put up a strong front. "Shin Hye, don't think I can't read your mind. You REALLY need help with Geog. right?" Ji Ae whisper to my right ear and continued, "Are you willing to fail the test? Besides, the test that we took and few moments ago is not going to be the same as the test YOU are GOING to take later after school. And it's harder I bet." 

A notebook was handed to me. "Just take it. You will need it." I accept the help with both hands and he left, just like that. "Na Young, are you sure this is the boy you like? He doesn't seem well-mannered..." "OMG SHUT UP! This is just...haizzzz whatever" Na Young hide her face in her book, trying to avoid my stare. Ji Ae took the notebook from my hands and started browsing though it. The notebook is full with words and some well drawn pictures. All the important point were well noted in the book. Some of the points I don't even know that if the teacher has taught us or not. 

"Lucky you, you earn yourself a diamond, a shiny one. Worth it." Ji Ae patted my back and pass me back the notebook. How in the world am I going to fit everything in this notebook into my small little brain? Haizzz... I read though the notebook Mark lent to me page by page, his notes are neater than mine, unexpected of a male's.

Ding Dong~ The school bell rang. The three of us went back to the classroom with a heavy sigh, except for Na Young, still thinking about the incident just now. The classroom was in a mess, paper planes were flying everywhere, some even flew though the window.... I sat at my sit, trying my best to keep myself awake, when someone when "bang" on the table next to me. 

"Sorry to disturb you..." It was Jin Young, the newcomer. "Nah, I should thank you for waking me up, my eyes kept closing after reading those notes...." He nodded his head and he took out his book and begin reading. "Oh you're also reading this book?" I asked as the book is famous for it unique storyline. "Ya, the book is unpredictable. This is my second time reading it. It's nice, you should read it." 

After hearing his review on the book, I found curious about the book. No one made me so curious about a book before. "How much is the book?" "Actually, the book is given by my friend before I was transferred here, so I'm not sure about the cost of the book, sorry." "Oh...I see..thanks anyway..." After this small talk with him, I feel less awkward than before. He seemed a smart, kind and a soft-hearted person. In one particular way, he reminds me of someone... 

After 5 hours of lessons plus the geography test, I felt so relaxed and tired. Mark's notes really helped me a lot. Seeing Mark alone at the school gate, I walk towards them and returned his notebook to him. " Thank you for your help." He wrote his number on a piece of paper and passing it to me, replying,"Message me if you need help in your schoolwork again." "Err...thanks again. Bye." While leaving the school premises in a hurry, I didn't notice that Mark was smiling at me. 

I reached home and laid on my comfy bed, thinking of the things that happened today. Just then, my phone rang. It was Ji Ae. The first sentence I heard was "Shin Hye, how's the test and did it went well?" "It went well, and it's quite hard. Thanks to his notes, if not I might fail very badly for the test." "Should I give you a morning call every morning at 6.40? Ahahaha" Ji Ae joked with me. "It will be appreciated." Ji Ae then ended the call. She will call me everyday unless she's overseas.

Thinking of Ji Ae, it reminds me of something again. Someone that I knew who has the same habit as Ji Ae's. I just can't remember who....