Chapter 8

That Keychain...

"I'm sorry...? Okay this is weird, magic equals to science right? And why can't I tell anyone?" I muttered to myself about this whole situation and my mind was in a mess. How in the world did my keychain turned into a bottle? 

"Dear, what was that 'pop' sound?" My mother came up to my room with a worried expression. I hide the message and bottle behind me, not wanting my mother to see. "Oh...haha...it's just my MP3 player...is actually a song. I accidentally turned up the volume to nearly the max...sorry if I stunt you mom..." I told a white lie-I guess it is a white lie...?-to my mother and luckily she believed me. "Um...okay...try to be careful next time alright?" She replied with a smile and left the room. "Oh yeah, Shin Hye, I'll not be home till midnight as I'm attending a friend's wedding. Before you go to bed make sure all windows are shut and the main door is lock. Don't worry, I have the key. Please sleep early. See you tomorrow."

Mother then left the room and head to her bedroom. She's always concern about me. Seeing my mother had left the house, I locked myself in the room and tried to figure out the true meaning of the whole situation I was in. I reread the message again and again, I tried to connect the dots together. I tumble across a name that was mention in the message. Jin Young. How did he(or she) know that Jin Young and me had reunited? I list the possible people that could be the unknown. 

The unknown could be someone close to Jin Young or me. Jin Young's mother? Jin Young's friend? My friends? I don't know. I suddenly feel that I had a huge responsibility held in my hands within seconds after realizing I hold something important. Most importantly, who is that person who wanted that 'amulet' in me?

Trying to forget all this confusion at the moment, I continued to finish up my homework and get ready for the next school day, then went to bed. 

-That night's dream-

Where am I...? Why am I locked up in a huge bird cage? I'm dizzy......

"Hehe...finally....I got you in my hands...." With my blurred vision, I saw a tall figure in front of me. He's facing his back at me. He then turned his face side sideways to see me at the corner of his eye. 

"My dear dear angel....where's that amulet?" 

"Wh...wha...what am....amulet? Wh...what are you...talk..."

"Shut up and give me that amulet! I have been looking for you for so long and you finally showed up and..."

I can't hear his continuation of his words and...

-----------------------------
"Oh my god!"

Still dizzy, I placed my hand on my forehead, checking if I had a fever. "Luckily I didn't had a fever and...wha..what was that about...?" I questioned myself with a very confused mind. "It was just a dream right? I'm a human not an angel!" I pinched myself and check my alarm clock. It's still early in the morning. Way early then I usually woke up at. As I couldn't sleep anymore, I went to do my usual morning routine and went to school half an hour early as usual. 

I headed to the classroom and saw Jin Young reading his book quietly at his desk. I went to my desk, which is besides his desk. He was still reading that book that his old schoolmate had gave him. He was nearly finishing it. He looked so engrossed in reading that book. That book is that interesting... Looking at him again, I suddenly felt that his serious look is rather quite attractive....

"Um....Shin Hye...?" "Oh god! Aha...yes...?" It was Ji Ae who was behind me. Jin Young was still concentrated on his book. Na Young was beside her. Both of them dragged me out of the classroom. "Hey! What are you guys do..." "Shh!"