Chapter 5

That Keychain...

I returned home and saw Mum sitting on the sofa waiting for me. "Shin Hye, where did you go?" Mum asked me as I was about to return to my room. "Studying at the library with friends. Is there something wrong?" I replied to her question and sound worried while replying, Mum doesn't act like herself. 

"Ji Ae and Na Young were not free today, who did you studied with?" She interrogated me like I'm the suspect and she's the police trying to find out the truth. With no guilt, I replied her truthfully, "I went to the library with Mark and Jin Young as they invited me and at the same time, I need help with work and Ji Ae and Na Young are not free. So...I went to consult them." 

Mum seem more relieved and dismissed me after I answered. I returned to my room with a unclear mind. She seem to know Mark or Jin Young but I'm not that sure. 

-Next day at school-

I walked with Na Young and Ji Ae to our classroom for our lesson as usual. As we are chatting about random things, Na Young suddenly popped up a question for me, "About yesterday...is it Mark who asked you to study with him...?" 

"Yup...why?" Mark suddenly appeared in front of us. I could feel that Na Young's heart stopped for a while. He continued, "Shin Hye, meeting us tomorrow?" I nodded my head to approve to it. "Okay, see you tomorrow. Same place, time and table." He smiled at me after finishing his sentence and left with his hands in his right pocket. 

"I'm going to faint...don't tell me that he fell for you Shin Hye..." Na Young started her dramatic moves by resting her left hand on my right shoulder and resting her right hand on her forehead. "You should join the drama club instead" Ji Ae commented and we headed to the classroom. 

The lesson was about to commence so we hurried to our desks and get ready. "Are you coming tomorrow?" My desk mate and friend, Jin Young, asked in a casual manner. I nodded my head. And he nodded back. Through out the lessons, both of us are discussing the things that the teachers taught us, no personal topics. 

After school as I was ready to go home, Jin Young told me to meet him at the school gate. Since I'm free, I agree to it and waited for him at the school gate. Not long that I reached the school gate, he arrived. "Follow me, I want to show you something." 

I followed him as what he said. We then came across a toy shop that sells old toys. I don't know that there's a shop around the area. He then entered the shop and I follow suit. He stopped at a shelve and took a toy drone the shelve that looks familiar to me. I stare at it for a while and realise that was the toy I really wanted when I was young and till now, I still dreamt of it. 

Jin Young passed the toy to me, "This is the toy you have been always dreaming of right? I'll buy it for you." I was shocked of his response to my starting of the toy. "How do you know that I have been liking this toy? Did you know me since young?" Jin Young didn't reply me but took me to the cashier and paid for the toy although I rejected his offer and after all, we just met. 

"Jin Young, you haven't answer my..." "Hush! I'll explain to you later. You don't have to be so tense. Follow me." "Okay..." I continued to follow him to a playground near my house. We sat on the bench near that playground and he begin to answer my doubts. "I met you since young and you should have find me familiar but I don't know why you seem to treat me like a friend. You should remember the promise that both of us kept before I left the neighborhood to a far away place." Promise? What promise?