Chapter 9

That Keychain...

I was dragged to our usual hangout table and Na Young and Ji Ae sat in front of me. I feel like I was a suspect being interrogated by two police officers. "So Shin Hye, is that rumor true?!" Na Young suddenly asked me with a very shocked tone. 

Me: "Wh...what rumor are you talking about? If it is about..." 

Ji Ae: "If you are talking about you and Mark being together..."

Me: "What? Me and..."

Na Young: "Yes! You and Mark! Don't tell me you didn't know about this. He is so damn popular in school and you two get along VERY well. He even ask for your number. Isn't that obvious?"

Me: "Look people...you got everything wrong. We ar.."

Ji Ae: "Na Young, I don't think the rumor is true. If Shin Hye doesn't know about this, the rumor might be just a assumption, not a fact. Don't worry. Besides, she's looking at Jin Young as if she's drawn to him."

Na Young: "If that's the case..."

Me: "Ji Ae. What did you say? That last sentence?" 

Ji Ae: "I said that you were looking at Jin Young as if you are drawn to him..." 

"N..no I'm not!" I suddenly felt my cheeks getting hot at the same time. Na Young pointed out, "Aha! You're blushing sooo badly right now! Now I'm so relieve that that rumor and false!" "Na Young, you really like Mark that much?" I asked. "Haha...yes... After hearing that rumor didn't you know how upset and jealous am I? Now the misunderstanding is cleared, lets go back to class!"

I nodded and headed back to class with the both of them. Who started that rumor about me and Mark? And...why was my heart beating so fast when Ji Ae mentioned about that? Just then, the school bell rang. "Damn! We're going to be late! Hurry up guys!" Na Young left us behind and ran back to the classroom. "Hey! Wait for us!" I yelled back. I didn't know that this conversation took so long... 

We made it to class and prepare for the first class in time. Just as the first bell rang, the teacher of the first class walked in. She was right on time. "Okay class, I have a project work for you students to do. This project work will be counted in your grades so please be serious about this. You are suppose to..." and she continue to explain to us the details and instructions of the project work. 

"Alright...as for the grouping, in pairs. I see that there's an even number of students here and...then okay then! You will be doing the project work will your desk mate. Now I'm giving you the time till lesson ends to discuss with your desk mate." What...? Bu..but why? "I guess we are fated to be together after all..." Just as I realise, Jin Young was facing me, ready to discuss about the project. 

Looking at him like that has already got my heart beating so fast... "So...? What you want to do?" "Oh... haha yes... actually I'm not very sure either... maybe after school we can actually go to the library and do some research?" "Seems good!" Jin Young replied with a smile on his face. 

How am I suppose to concentrate on the project with my heart beating so fast like that? What's this feeling in feeling? It can't be love, right? That note said that I'll not be able to feel this emotion... Did I read the note correctly? No, I can't be...I read it many times that night... Maybe it's because I finally unite with him... Yes! Must be that reason! It's not true love...not true love...

As lessons and lessons pass by, school finally ends. I stretched myself and packed my bag. "Ready to go?" "Yup!" So both Jin Young and I went to the library and officially started our research there. It didn't took us long to find some that we both wanted to do research on. Since I knew Jin Young since young, I always knew that he's always smarter than me in almost everything. So I let him took charge. 

Time pass as we doing our homework and project at the same time. "I guess it's time that we go?" I popped up the question as we're done with one of the given work. "It's going to be 5pm. We should go. And here." He then passed me a piece of paper with an address on it. "Since we are paired up for a project work and my mother kind of misses you, I think you will need me address. Here it is."

"Is it alright..?" "Yes it is. Both our mothers get along quite well previously. They must have miss each other. Sooner or later you're gonna need it so ya...take it." His gentle smile emerge on his face again. My heart is really pumping fast as I receive the paper from his hands. Then, our hands just touched. I can feel my face was turning hot. "Are you having a fever?" He then place his hand on my forehead to check if I had a fever. At this rate he's going to make my heart beat even faster. "No...I'm fine... shall we go?" "Okay, if you say so...I'm just worried for you." He's worried about me...? Yeah...just as a best friend...

We parted at the entrance of the library and I headed home immediately. Suddenly, I had a text message, from Ji Ae: where r u? i'm outside your house. my mom wanted to give u some of the cookies she baked tdy. i will be waiting;)

Not wanting Ji Ae to wait for me for so long, I ran back home as fast as I can. I finally reach home and I saw Ji Ae at my doorstep. "Sor! Sorry for being so late!" I was out of breath as I was apologizing to her. "Haha! It's okay. It's worth the wait. I'm glad you're okay. I was worry sick. Here! Cookies for you and your mom!" "Thank you so much! Help me thank your mom."

Ji Ae: "By the way, where were you?"

Me: "Oh...I was at the library doing research for the project."

Ji Ae: "With Jin Young?"

Me: "Yes...what?"

Ji Ae: "Speaking of the devil, it's him right?"

I checked the text message and it was Jin Young: You home?

"He seems worried about you" Ji Ae smirked at me as she peeked at my phone. "N-no! It-it was because I was feeling a little dizzy just now and was feeling better afterwards." "Is it bad?" "Nope! Thanks for your concern." "Anyways go to bed early tonight since you were dizzy earlier. Don't deny it, he's concern about you. Had to go! See you tomorrow and get well soon!" She patted on my shoulder and left. "Thanks!" I shouted back. However, I wasn't dizzy earlier. Another lie... why does he had to ask if I'm home?

Not thinking too in depth for that, I replied to him: Yes I'm home safe. Thanks for your concern friend:)