Chapter 6- Regained some memories...?

That Keychain...

"Don't tell me that you had forgotten about it. We made two promises and both are the most important promises that I had made so far." I tried my best to think about it. Then, I remembered one of them...

-11 years ago-

"Shin Hye...will you still remember me?"
"Why do you ask? Of course! You are my very very best friend!"
"I will be leaving tomorrow...to somewhere far from here. Shall we make our last promise? Before I leave?"
"Oh...okay......"
"If we meet each other again when we grow up, I will buy that doll for you."
"Okay! Let's hope that we will meet each other again. Pinkie?"
"Pinkie!"
-----
Oh...that promise... "I'm your very very best friend..." Jin Young muttered with his sad looking eyes staring on the floor. No wonder why I find him so familiar and had a bit of strong feelings for him. "Ouh...that promise...you still remembered...I'm such a shame to our friendship, I don't even recongise you...I'm sorry, I can't remember the second promise..." I gave myself a little slap on my cheek, disappointed in myself of not recognising a old best friend of mine.

"It's okay, don't slap yourself. It has been a long time since we officially hang out. However, I can't tell why I left at that time. I understand and happy that you still recongise me. It's getting late. Keep that precious toy of yours. See you tomorrow, best friend." Jin Young waved and left the playground and I went home with the toy in my bag. 

Although Ji Ae and Jin Young met me since young, they both don't know each other. Ji Ae was my school friend and Jin Young was previously my neighbour and he often came to my house to play. Ji Ae had never entered my house until two months after Jin Young left. Thinking back, I don't know why he left...he refused to tell me...

Suddenly, my phone rang and popped my thinking bubble. It was Ji Ae:"Did something happened? I see you leaving classroom in a hurry." I text back:"oh. It's nothing. I just want to go back home early to sleep:) don't worry about that."

I returned to my room to finish up my homework, a big pile of it. Haiz... I flipped to the first page of the assigned work and started writing. 

In the middle of my concentration, something at the side of my table shined brightly. The brightness was too distracting that my eyes can't take it. It was my keychain that shined. It's not because of the light reflection. It shined itself. 

I kept my keychain in my bag to avoid getting distracted by the brightness. I headed back to my table and tried to complete my homework. Even though it was in my bag, it's brightness can be still seen through my bag.

I put on my sunglasses and went to check out my keychain. It just bright so brightly suddenly that I don't know what to do. Just as I took it out of my bag, it burst in front of me with a loud 'pop'. 

The keychain turned from an angelic angel into a small glass bottle with a note in it. Something like a message in a bottle. I opened to bottle and unroll the note with care. There is a very long message written by an unknown...