Chapter 4

That Keychain...

Lying on my bed, I'm still figuring out who is that person. Then, a message pop up on my phone screen. I reached for my phone and looked at the screen blankly. It was an unknown number: "Meet me at the library after school. Please reply after reading this message." Suspecting the person could have messaged the wrong person, I ignored the message and put my phone aside. I slowly closed my eyes and slept without knowing. 

When I woke up, the sun was setting and stars were showing themselves. I slept for so long? After eating dinner, I went into my room and changed. Having a habit of revising my work at night, I sat at my table and start reading my science notes. And as usual, went to sleep after that. 

-Next day at school-

Both Na Young and I went to our lockers and take our necessary books for the next lesson. While I took my chemistry notebook out, a small strip of paper dropped on the floor. "Here..there's writings on this paper" Na Young handed me that strip of paper and I started reading it. "Meet me at the library after school." It was the same message as the text sent to me yesterday. 

"Who wrote that? That handwriting looks familiar like I seen it somewhere before..." Na Young asked and tried to recognise the handwriting. Looking at the writings in the paper, it does look familiar. I place the strip of paper in my pencil case and rushed for class. 

After the tiring lessons that I had went through, I quickly pack my bag and was ready to go. Then, Jin Young stopped me, "The words on that strip of paper were written by Mark." "How did you know it's Mark? And how do you know about the strip of paper?" I asked with curiosity written all over my face, waiting for his reply.

"The strip of paper is in your pencil case and I saw it. I'm friends with him. He was the one who tour me around the school. He even lent me his history notes as I'm weak at it. Therefore I recongised his handwriting." He paused for a while and continued,"Actually I'll be at the library with him. Feel free to join us. We're studying there." He smiled and left for the library I guess. 

Oh...so it's Mark... After thinking about it, I do needed help in studying. Ji Ae will be busy writing her online stories and Na Young will be helping out her mother at her shop. No one is free after school. I then headed to the library to study with Mark and Jin Young. 

Surprisingly, there's no one at the library except for the librarian, Mark and Jin Young. I walked towards their direction and sat down beside Jin Young as I'm more comfortable with him. He's more like a friend to me now. "Unexpected to see you meeting us here. I thought you didn't read my message." Mark said it with surprise and gave me some pieces of notes after that. "Read this, it's helpful." I held the notes with care and read it. 

"You print your notes out for me? You don't really need to do this..." "I want to help you, just take it." Mark interrupted and dive his nose into his geography textbook. I accepted his offer and began to read them. 

"I think it's time we should go. It's nearly 4." Jin Young suddenly pop in the sentence and I lost the concentrated me. I looked at my watch and didn't realised time had flew that fast. "Want to meet up again the day after tomorrow? I'll remind you guys tomorrow." Mark asked us while we leave the library. "And save my number. Bye." Mark left after reminding me to save his number. 

Then, I received a new message on my phone:"Hi! This's Jin Young. Since we're table mates and friends already, this is my number:)" "Save my number too." Jin Young hurried to catch up with Mark and left the library. After saving their numbers on the spot, I immediately left for home to avoid letting mum getting worried.