Chapter 10- A New, weird companion? Or pet?

That Keychain...

I stepped into my house and saw a note on the dining table with a covered bento. The note says:

Shin Hye, I made a bento for you for dinner tonight. Sorry I will be back home late tonight as I will be visiting a friend who was admitted to the hospital and I receive the message at short notice. Don't have to worry about me and my friend. We will be alright. Enjoy your dinner and sleep early. 

I guess I will be spending a night alone at home again... Too hungry to think about anything, I wolfed down the homemade bento that my mom had prepared for me. She took the effort to make me dinner although she's in a rush... "BANG!" I heard a sudden commotion coming from my room. No way...it can't be a burglar right...not now... Forgetting my hunger, I swiftly ran to the kitchen and grabbed a broom without a sound, ran up the stairs tip-toeing. 

I took a deep breath and charged into my room. "Take that!" I hit the broom on my bed and looked at my surroundings. "N-no one here?!" "Yes there is!"  An unfamiliar voice replied to me. "Wh-who's there?! You better don't do anything to me..." "Ahaha! It doesn't matter! I will not hurt you, don't worry! I'm here!"

I search for the source of the sound and found......a hamster. I pinched myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. "Ouch! I'm...I'm not dreaming....?" "Yes! You're not! I'm a hamster alright! I'm Luna!" "Lu...Luna? Doesn't sound like a right name for a hamster..." "Hey! Don't be mean about my name! I LOVE my name! It sound mysterious and related to the moon somehow to me and I LOVE the moon and the moonlight!"

Shocked at the uninvited visitor, I asked Luna, "Question...why are you here and how did you manage to enter my room? My mom makes sure that all windows and doors are locked before she leaves the house. And...let's continue at the dining room." Not forgetting my dinner totally, I held Luna in my hands and rush down to the dining room with the broom. 

"To answer all your doubts, I'm just gonna tell you the whole story. One condition...Do Not Tell This To Anyone! And Everyone! It's a secret...not even your mom...understood?" I nodded my head as my mouth is full and listened to her story. 

Luna: "As you know, you received an anonymous note yesterday if I'm not wrong. After that "keychain" exploded almost in your face, a message was sent to me to tell me to protect you from that someone who wants that key to your amulet I think. I have an accurate sixth sense with 99.9% accuracy. So please don't doubt my..."

Me: "Does it make you like a god?"

Luna: "Please lady please don't talk with your mouth full. Listen to me alright? Okay where was I...yes. How I get here? By magic. Yayaya...you might think there's no such thing as magic but the fact is...there is. I teleported here and ended up landing on your desk. Sorry in advance if I mess up your table. Why now? It is because your mother was on leave today as her boss gave her a week leave to let her rest and she will be at home all the time. I calculated that she will be back home late today and I don't want you to get too shocked  just after meeting me after you read the note. I see that you are done eating."

Me: "Well reasonable and your six sense is quite accurate in my opinion. Can I trust you?"

Luna: "Of course! Why not?"

Me: "You're not the one who wrote the note for me right?"

Luna: "I knew that you will ask...no I'm not. I can't reveal the identity of the person too. I apologize."

Me: "It's okay. I'll know who sooner or later. But...how am I suppose to hide you from my mom?" 

Luna: "Don't worry! You don't have to hide me from your mother. You just have to hide me when you're in school."

Me: "What?! School?! I can't bring you to school! The school does not allow students to bring their pets to sch..."

Luna: "Hey hey hey...since when am I your pet? I'm your some sort of guardian and I'm not totally an animal."

Me: "Then, why are you?"

Luna: "I'm a human transformed into a hamster for this dangerous period of time. The person might recongise me and therefore transformed myself into a hamster to hide my identity. And maybe to others you can call me a pet."

Me: "Um...okay...? Luna is your real name?"

Luna: "Yes of course! You can call me Cinnamon when you are introducing me to others. The people who you know might be that someone though...don't trust people that easily alright?"

Me: "Okay Cinnamon. Hehe...its because of the light brown fur that you have now that's why Cinnamon..."

Luna: "Don't call me by my real name when you are with people. Only when you and me are alone okay?"

"Okay! But I will need to find you a place to sleep..."