Chpt 1| Late!

That Keychain...

 

"Shin Hye! You are going to be late!" I rushed down the stairs while my mum rushed me down. The moment I step my foot in the ground after the stairs, I grabbed a sandwich from the dining table, grabbed my schoolbag and books, squeezed my feet into my school shoes and run through the door and on the streets. 

It was not the first time that this happened. I had been fortunate as I had always escape punishment by 1 to 2 minutes before the school starts. In this situation, I might not be that fortunate. Currently the time is 7.45 and school starts at 8. Lady Luck is not by my side today. 

"Okay Shin Hye...this time is no joke!" I muttered to myself while panting heavily and running with the weight on my back and hands. *Clashed* I felt a bump on my forehead and my books were all over the place. It's hurts a lot! The person I bump into was a boy who was wearing the same school uniform as the boys in school. 

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" I blurted out the words while pocking up my books with my flustered hands. Just when I was picking up the books, I saw a name badge at a corner of my eye. The name 'Park Jin Young' was printed on the badge. I picked it up carefully and asked him,"Excuse me, is this yours? And...that's mine..." The boy had my keychain in his hands. He kindly returned me my keychain and I gave him back his badge. As he pass me the keychain, his eyes looked at it like he had saw it somewhere before. Like he had recalled an incident that has happened sometime ago. 

He replied me with a short 'thanks' and ran towards the direction I was about to go to. So he is also in the same situation as me... I thought to myself. Checking the time with my watch, I was shocked with horror. It was 7.56 and I'm still far from school! "Okay I'm so late!" I scolded myself and ran to school. 

I'm grateful for that boy to return me that keychain. The keychain means everything to me...