Chapter 6

Striking Matches

Setting: later in the shinee dorm....

NARRATOR POV

Key entered the code to open his dorm door. ****** Beep! The door swung open and he walked in tiredly. He flung off his disguise, a wig, a loose hoodie, and sunglasses, and collapsed on the sofa facedown. He heard commotion coming from the direction of the kitchen-- his kitchen. Was Jjong sneaking a snack again?  Key checked his cellphone. It was five minutes to midnight. 

"Jjong!~" he groaned into the cushions.  There was no answer. Key rolled off the sofa and went into the tiled kitchen. "Jonghyun! No midnight snacks!" To his surprise, it was Taemin crying into Minho's arm. Key was awake in an instant. "Taemin! Minho! what happened to Taemin?" 

"Uh... well, I don't really know. I didn't ask. and... he hasn't said anything yet... I didn't want to push him," Minho said.

"Go to bed," Key umma told Minho. "I'll take it from here." Minho nodded obediently and eased his arm from under Taemin. Key sat down next to Taemin and his hair. "Taemin-ah? What's wrong, baby? You can tell Umma everything." he coaxed. Taemin grabbed Key and hugged him tightly and didn't say anything for a while.

"Promise you won't get mad at me?" he asked after a while. Key hugged him back and smiled down on him.

"How could I ever get mad at my sweet maknae?" Key replied soothingly. Taemin stayed silent for a litlle longer. He wiped his tears on Key's shirt and raised his head.

"Noona was kissing someone else," he chocked, and started crying again. Key wasn't sure how to answer. He was confused.

"Taemin-ah, why does that hurt you so much?" he asked gently. Then something clicked. "Did you love her, Taemin-ah?" Taemin nodded. "Oh, Taemin," Key whispered, his baby's hair again. He knew how that felt. "Shh... It's okay... you'll get over her," he whispered into Taemin's ear. Taemin didn't answer, and by his deep breathing, Key could tell he was asleep. Key smiled and picked Taemin up, bridal style, into their room. He set Taemin down on his bunk, under Jjong's bed, and tucked him in. He stepped over Onew and crawled into his bed, above Minho's. Key could hear Onew snoring. As he closed his eyes and slipped into sleep, he thought up ideas to help Taemin get over his noona and pair him up with Surim. He couldn't believe he hadn't noticed the maknae's devotion to her. Key sighed once ad before he knew it, fell asleep and dreamt a confusing dream about Surim, Taemin, Haejin, Jaejin, and himself.

*                       *                      *

Sorry for the short chapters... ^^;; But please keep on coming back to read the story, even if you don't subscribe... Hope you like it so far?? Please tell me!!