Chapter 3

Striking Matches

Setting: The next day...

Key roamed the long hallway, cecking each studio plate for the one that read "Studio B: Striking Matches". Today was the first shoot for Striking Matches, and he didn't want to be late. Which he would be in 1 minute.

He passed by an open door. In his passing glance, he saw that there were people inside, and two of them seemed to be in a deep embrace. Key didn't really think about what he had seen and rushed on, only to stop a few seconds later and do a double-take. He realized two things that made him turn back to the open doorway: One, the door was after Studio A and before Studio C, which probably meant it was Studio B. Two, he recognized someone-- someone who had not seen for almost two years. Someone who had stolen his heart and had shattered it to bits.

Key ran through the open door just as the couple broke apart.

"Haejin!" he said, his excitement at seeing her again dampened by the fact that she had been kissing someone else. His first and only love stared at him in surprise.

"K--Kibum..." she said a bit guiltily, not meeting his gaze.

"Hey, Key! What's up, man? How do you know my girlfriend?" said Jaejin (AN: just in case you don't know, Lee Jaejin is a guitarist in FT Island, and a close friend of Key's in real life.), putting his arm around Haejin's waist.

KEY'S POV

I was boiling up with anger inside, but I kept my cool. I was an awesome actor. I mean, it wasn't an accident they had asked me to play the lead role in this drama. "Hi, Jaejin! Congrats on your girlfriend." I said that last word really slowly, staring at Haejin accusingly. "You guys look really cute together," I said. Haejin withered under my gaze and pushed Jaejin away.

"I have to get ready for the shoot," she mumbled, and left. I let her put some distance between us, then followed her to the stylist.

"Good luck!" Jaejin called after me, but I didn't answer. I was too busy thinking about Haejin. If she was in this drama, I would be spending a lot of time with her, I thought. Enough time to win her over. I still loved her, and I was sure she still had some feelings for me.

Watch out, Jaejin. You've got competion...

Hey, readers... Thanks for reading this story at all. I know its terrible... ^^;;

Anyways, feel free to comment suggestions... Thanks again for reading!